Super Smash Bros. Assist Trophy to Fighter

Koopaul

Yes. I'm that Koopaul.
smash_waluigi_final.png

I always wondered what it would be like if every Assist Trophy got upgraded to playable fighter in Smash. So I'm going to make these. Of course I had to start with Waluigi. This picture shows his four special attacks, his home stage, and eight alternate costumes. Anyway here's a description of his Specials:

Neutral Special: Serve
Press the button to toss a tennis ball into the air, hit the button again to smack it. Depending your timing will determine how fast it will travel, if you hit it perfectly causing the ball to be engulfed with flames.

Side Special: Waluigi Kart
Run over your opponents with the iconic kart. Much like Wario, Waluigi can use this to recover and even leap out of the kart for height. Unlike Wario, he can't pick up the kart or eat it. Once he leaves the kart it disappears.

Up Special: Dice Hit
Waluigi tosses a six sided die from Mario Party up into the air above him and then leaps up to hit it. You can smack people above you when tossing the die, this is good way to prevent opponents from spiking you or performing a meteor smash. But that's not all! Waluigi will get a slight attack stat boost if he hits a 5 or a 6. Be warned, your opponent can knock the die out of the air while Waluigi is leaping after it.

Down Special: Putt
Putt a golf ball across the ground. It's a slow attack but the ball can trip your enemies and disrupt attacks. You can even do this off a ledge to edge guard! When the ball stops rolling you can pick it up and throw it, but so can your opponent.

What do you think? I wanted each Special to come from a different Mario spin-off game. Waluigi should really represent those games and series. Next I'll be doing Isaac!

I have a great idea for his Final Smash. His Showtime from Mario Tennis Aces. He does the animatiom that he does when he activates it. After that; time slows down and there's an aiming reticle that appears that you have to target someone with to hit them. If you press A or wait 5 seconds, he'll hit the ball to where the reticle is. If the ball hits an opponent, it will do 60% damage and will almost always be a guarenteed KO, referencing Mario Tennis Aces. However, also like Aces, the ball can be countered with an attack (although this is difficult), which turns it into a regular tennis ball that does more damage than his neutral special that can hit Waluigi. The ball can also be hit by Waluigi and the opponent continuously at each other, with the ball getting faster and stronger each time it is hit. When the ball hits the opponent after he's launched it, there will be a slo-mo effect and the racket breaking sound from Aces plays. The ball is destroyed when it hits someone. However, you can get more that one person if they're really close enough.

Waluigi would make sense since he debuted in a tennis game, Wario got the biker outfit because Sakurai started liking the character after Warioware.
Sakurai CAN'T just do that if he wants. He would need to have him in his default outfit. Wario makes sense because, while not at all the preferred choice for a default, that's his default outfit in WarioWare. Waluigi's tennis outfit can't be his default.

Sakurai CAN'T just do that if he wants. He would need to have him in his default outfit. Wario makes sense because, while not at all the preferred choice for a default, that's his default outfit in WarioWare. Waluigi's tennis outfit can't be his default.
I'll extend your thoughts: When Brawl came out, Wario had biker costume for 5 years already. It's been less than 2 years since Princesses stoped being the only characters to wear different clothes in Mario Tennis. Even if few years will pass, Camelot won't likely make any other Tennis game untill next console, and Waluigi won't appear that much in his Tennis outfit. (For comparison, before Brawl, Biker Wario appeared in 5-6 games + Mario Tennis Cameo to Tennis Waluigi's 1 game before Ultimate/2 or unlikely 3 before next Smash). Also, I'm not not sure Sakurai (or anyone in Sora Ltd, Nintendo, etc.) will think Mario Tennis is more important to Mario universe, than WarioWare to Wario's. Because Wario Land and WarioWare are both major parts of Wario's history, while Waluigi... Wait, was his history all that large and important?

Maybe I'm looking wrong way, feel free to correct me, if I miss something.

• Informative
Reactions: 607
I'll extend your thoughts: When Brawl came out, Wario had biker costume for 5 years already. It's been less than 2 years since Princesses stoped being the only characters to wear different clothes in Mario Tennis. Even if few years will pass, Camelot won't likely make any other Tennis game untill next console, and Waluigi won't appear that much in his Tennis outfit. (For comparison, before Brawl, Biker Wario appeared in 5-6 games + Mario Tennis Cameo to Tennis Waluigi's 1 game before Ultimate/2 or unlikely 3 before next Smash). Also, I'm not not sure Sakurai (or anyone in Sora Ltd, Nintendo, etc.) will think Mario Tennis is more important to Mario universe, than WarioWare to Wario's. Because Wario Land and WarioWare are both major parts of Wario's history, while Waluigi... Wait, was his history all that large and important?

Maybe I'm looking wrong way, feel free to correct me, if I miss something.
That's pretty much exactly how I was thinking it.

smash_isaac_final.png

Isaac from Golden Sun is here! I actually never played any Golden Sun games so I had to do a lot of research for what Isaac's specials might be. It was pretty hard to pick because he has so many different Psynergy abilities at his disposal. Not to mention djinn. A friend of mine who has played the games told me to just use his most iconic abilities and not do anything fancy. I chose these one's for his specials but I figured Ragnarok, Growth, Thorn could be his Smash attacks. As usual, here's a description of his Specials:

Neutral Special: Move
This famous utility Psynergy will push anything in front of him away. It doesn't do any damage so it can be great to use as an edgeguard. It can also shield Isaac from projectiles.

Side Special: Spire
Summon a stone spire from above and drop it in front of you. The longer you hold the button the the farther in front of you it will go. You can also use this to edgegaurd and it can ever meteor smash your opponent.

Up Special: Retreat
This is a well known ability Isaac has. But it's just a teleport. I wanted to do something else but this is the most suitable recovery for Isaac.

Down Special: Quake
Stone pillars burst from below, launching anyone nearby upwards. This move can only be performed on the ground (obviously) but also need sufficient space. If Isaac is near the edge of a stage it will result in only half of the rocks rising (the ones that are away from the edge).

Did you notice Matthew is Isaac's alternate costume?

Very nicely done! I like that it doesn't put too much focus on the utility Psynergy, because that's pretty much what his whole AT moveset is and while I don't mind it, it does completely skip over his proper offensive options, as a Venus Adapt.

Also, his Final Smash would totally be Judgement:

I'd also enjoy a Final Smash that has him summon Garet, Ivan and Mia for an attack, just for the sake of seeing them in such a role and similar to what fellow RPG protagonists Shulk, Ness and Lucas do, but Judgement just makes too much sense and represents the summon mechanic.

Thank you. Isaac was a lot more difficult than I anticipated. His Up Special was very difficult to come up with. I was going to use Death Plunge originally but my friend suggested Retreat instead since it's something more associated with Isaac and Venus adepts.

smash_hammerbro_final.png

In honor of Piranha Plant making it as a fighter I decided the next fighter should be a Super Mario enemy. Hammer Bro has been Assist Trophy for over 10 years now. He's quite the veteran! Here's a description of his Specials:

Neutral Special: Hammer
What else? Hammer Bro throws his hammer at an arc into the air. It's similar to Simon's axe but Hammer Bro's is faster and it bounces a little when it hits the ground. However, it doesn't travel as far or high as Simon's axe.

Side Special: Boomerang
For Smash Hammer Bro learns how to use moves from his fellow bros. He tosses a boomerang that can be angled. It's very similar to Ton Link's boomerang.

Up Special: Amazing Flyin' Bro
From Super Mario World, Hammer Bro summons his floating platform. The platform doesn't gain much vertical height but you can jump off off of it. The platform itself acts like an invincible barrier, so anyone attacking from below won't get through. Try to mess with someone's recovery this way!

Down Special: Sledge Slam
Hammer Bro slams down to the ground causing damage if he lands on anyone. The are tons of ground pound moves in Smash but this one is unique. If Hammer Bro performs this move while standing on the ground, instead of leaping in the air, he'll do a short quick hop and slam. The slam creates a large shockwave that trips anyone caught in it. Hammer Bro can quickly react out of it and attack. This move is far more effective at tripping people than stomping them.

What are the right four skins based off?
Also, Piranha Plant in Super Smash Bros.? Woah.
Those are based off of Hammer Bro's Super Mario Bros. 3 colors, SMB3 Boomerang Bro colors, SMB3 Fire Bro colors, and Super Mario World's Amazing Flyin' Hammer Bro.

• Useful
Reactions: 607
smash_skullkid_final.png
Sorry this one took me a while but Skull Kid is here! He's a highly requested character but also one who does not have a very obvious moveset. In his games he doesn't do much attacking so I had to take what I could.

Neutral Special: Dart
Skull Kid blows a dart at your foe. You can shoot three at a rapid rate by pressing the button fast. If you wait a long enough time before shooting again, the dart will have a sleep effect. Skull Kid's eyes will flash when it's ready.

Side Special: Puppet
Skull Kid calls forth a puppet that drops from above. If the puppet lands on someone it will do damage but it also attacks on it's own. The puppet will stay on the field and chase foes for a few seconds. However, the puppet is fairly weak and will break easily.

Up Special: Fairy Flight
Launch into the air with Tatl and Tael swirling around you. The fairies has a slight windbox and will push opponents away, they also absorb energy based projectile. This is an effective recovery against edgeguarding.

Down Special: Curse
A unique counter attack. Skull Kid thrusts his face forward. If the mask is hit he'll inflict a status condition on who hit him. Depending on how much damage the attack did will determine the curse. Weak attacks will get a Flower on their head. Stronger attacks will Stun them. And the strongest attacks will actually Shrink your opponent for a short time!

Back