The Developer Diaries of WarioWare Mega Microgames

Kerberos

Microgame Developer
In February, warelander had posted a link for a site maintained by the WarioWare developers. It gives you profiles, diary entries, and other activities related to each of the original characters. Sadly, it's in Japanese, and we all know Google translate is far off from providing accurate translations on a huge scale.

As a little project for fun, I'm translating each character's profile, diary entries, and as much of the separate activities they provide. Please keep in mind that I am not, nor do I profess to be, an expert with Japanese. I do however have a good beginning start on understanding the simpler sides of it and can give decent approximations for what characters are saying.

For what I've done so far this is a fun project and a fun way to pick up what's been lost in translation from Japan to the rest of the world. I hope to be releasing content on a consistent basis, however, given how the characters speak differently from one another, I don't want to promise a specific release date in case I get stuck on dialect translation or IRL stuff comes up. I will keep people updated though and have a separate post that keeps the information organized and easy to access.

TL;DR - I won't leave you guys hanging if something comes up or updates are taking a while.

Also, if anyone else has any corrections, feedback, or anything else to contribute, please do so! I want everyone to have fun. :D

The characters that will be covered are as follows: Wario, Mona, Jimmy T., Dribble and Spitz, 9-Volt, Dr. Crygor, Orbulon, and Kat and Ana.

Wario
wario2.gif

Wario-Like Profile
Name:
Wario
Occupation: Adventurer. Now president of WarioWare Inc.! Anything else if it makes money!
Trick: Brute force, Gluttony
Character: Cool, Intellectual, Handsome! What? “Handsome” isn’t a personality trait? What do you know!!
Favorite Words: Make profit, wash hands, get rich quick, all-you-can-eat
For Employees: You could say that I like to make games, I had 9 people help me! You guys better respect me!
Word (Quote): I made WarioWare, a worldwide released, funny game! Buy it!

Wario-Like Buri Buri* Diary
Page 1

2/28 Friday
I have to start writing a diary, and for a long time too!
I had soft feces come out yellow today!
I blame the banana I ate yesterday!
Maybe it’s better for me to not eat the skin!

3/1 Saturday
On the way back from an all-you-can-eat buffet, I wanted to have a poop. I was good walking in the field, but Dribble and Spitz happened to be driving by in their taxi, so I got a ride back to my house. That’s how employees should be after all!
I had farted several times along the way. I’m glad they didn’t make a sound!
Once you know that you have to fart in the taxi, your cool image can be lost!

3/2 Sunday
I went to 9-Volt’s house for a game tournament!
Of course I like him! But what can you say, since that 9-Volt guy was cheating, I didn’t win at anything. Because I have such a big heart, I don’t care that I lost! (But because it was a little frustrating, I left a big poo in the toilet at 9-Volt’s house)

3/3 Monday
Unlucky!
At a place about 5 meters away from my house, I was unable to endure holding it in and I had to poop in the field! There was a poo in the shape of a nose! Did I eat a strange thing yesterday? Eh, whatever!

3/4 Tuesday
Unlucky!
There was a poo in the form of a nose in front of my house!
Who is it!! Who could have had a poo like that in a place like this!

3/5 Wednesday
Usually my poo comes out in excellent condition, but that wasn’t the case today!
Suddenly, my house shook with a loud boom and took out a lot of the house with the shock! A space craft had crashed into my house, and Orbulon fell out!
It’s a pity that my house is a bit broken, but it’ll be good again like me! Ok!

3/6 Thursday
When I got up this morning, the house was a little messed up. Who could have done such a thing! Did we do something yesterday? Furthermore! The refrigerator is crushed! Do not become rotten and do not eat fast, or eat everything at once! Ok!
Hmm! Good!!
Once you are satisfied, poop will become what you want it to be!

Other entries forthcoming

*Buri Buri is an onomatopoeia for being worried or angry about something. Knowing Wario, it's the latter.
-------------------------

Jimmy T.

jimmy2.gif

Jimmy T.’s Profile
Name: Jimmy T.
Trick: Dancing, of course! I wonder if this is my groove?
Boast: My afro! Isn’t it super cool? In fact, this...no, the story will have to wait. Cheers for my nice ‘fro!
Hobby: Mobile e-mail (texting). Would you be my friend? OK! Raise up to the cool ringtones! YO!
About Wario: A friend of mine! He is also a childhood friend!
Word (Quote): If you watch my crazy dance moves, I’m sure you’ll be in high spirits! Oh yeah!!

Entries forthcoming

9-Volt

9volt2.gif

9-Volt’s Self-Introduction!
Name: 9-Volt
Profession: Diamond City Elementary student
Hobby: Collecting Nintendo goods! DJing and skateboarding come second.
Boast: Big time collector of Nintendo hardware and software for TV and more! You can always come over and play!
Pet: Shag, it’s a strange creature.
About Wario: He’s a nice guy! But I want him to stop cheating…
Word (Quote): Second to none of Nintendo lovers! Best regards!

9-Volt’s Published Diary

Page 1
2/28 Friday
Starting today I’m writing a diary . I expect this to become a story about games!
To start the story, I bought Metroid Prime which was released today! The Metroid series has been around from the time of the Famicom disk system (NES), Game Boy, Super Nintendo, and Game Boy Advance. I’m a little surprised Metroid Prime is in 3D.
I got excited just by looking because it’s realistic! However, the atmosphere isn’t the same as the other games.
That’s strange.

3/1 Saturday
I’m playing Metroid Prime, which I bought yesterday. The graphics are very realistic, and the sound director helped put in the sense of realism.
Samus is cool!

3/2 Sunday
Today everyone gathered at my house for a puzzle tournament! I decided to compete against the others for 1st place by playing Dr. Mario, Yoshi’s Cookie, and Tetris.
Orbulon played for the first time, which surprised me because he was insanely strong (good). He really does have an IQ of 300. But, overall victory was mine, of course!
It’s good I played games with every one after all.

3/3 Monday
I go to school by skateboard to Diamond City Elementary. I can’t play games while riding my skateboard.
Maybe I’ll ask Crygor to have it remodeled to work on autopilot.

3/4 Tuesday
Today I played Metroid Fusion.
The action is colorful (lively), and as I proceed in the game,it becomes more and more fun! It has difficulty ranging from beginner to advanced, so anyone can play!
It seems there is also a hidden element, but it won’t be hard work to solve the mystery!

3/5 Wednesday
Today I called Kat and Ana to have a match in Mario Kart Advance’s Battle mode. I could do this over again, I’m not tired. At first, it was a landslide victory for me, the middle was pretty tough because Kat and Ana focused their attack on me. Along with Shag, I was up against them in a 2 to 2 match. Because of Shag, I accidentally hit myself with the shell. I had to lose eventually…

3/6 Thursday
Today Mona and I exchanged Pokémon. I'm glad I could get a Pokémon that aren’t easy to get. Mona’s Pokémon were named “Dangobana” and “Butabana.” Strange names…

Note: dangobana and butabana mean dumpling nose and pig nose respectively.

3/7 Friday
Today I’m taking a break from games and practicing DJing. I’m still working on getting better with my skills, so I’m not sure if I can DJ by myself.
Now, if Jimmy asked me to DJ at Club Sugar, maybe I’ll have to

3/8 Saturday
Wario invited everyone over for a barbecue and I went to it. Everyone brought their favorite foods. Since I like Nintendo, I brought mushrooms that looked like Super Mushrooms. I wanted to eat sweets and enjoy the barbecue, but Wario ended up eating all the food by himself. But then, Wario went through something painful. I hope he’s alright…?
Jimmy performed in the field later that night. I also wanted to participate as a DJ. I slept in a tent listening to “Until the Waves of Drifting Voice.” I had also brought my Game Boy Advance, but now I wonder how you can play it with everyone!

Note: the song title is what I’m presuming to be the theme that plays in Dribble and Spitz’s stage. The original page has a link that’ll take you to Dribble and Spitz’s part of the site to listen to the song. I have it linked but I can’t confirm for certainty as I don’t have a computer and my phone doesn’t support Flash player.

3/9 Sunday
This morning it was very cold. You shouldn’t go to bed in a tent on the beach in March. Wario made a reckless plan.
Wario is also strange in the morning. He suddenly became a good person, like he had gotten hit in the head. What was that, I wonder?
Ana caught a cold. Poor thing. But, spring is starting soon. Diamond City park becomes full of cherry blossoms in spring. I’m looking forward to it.

3/10 Monday
It’s raining today. It was hard to ride my skateboard to school. Because it was also raining a lot this afternoon, I played a game quietly at home.
I played Wave Race Blue Storm for the first time in a long time. The games beginning is difficult, but it’s Avery exhilarating game once you know how to play it. It really feels like you’re running on top of the sea! The rough waves in the race started to appear before the rain outside got heavier. Sooo thrilling!

3/11 Tuesday
When I saw the article for the GameCube version of F-Zero in a magazine, I decided to play the Nintendo 64 version, F-Zero X. F-Zero seems like most racing games (and is like Mario Kart if you play it with everyone). The overwhelming sense of speed is killing me!
The Nintendo 64 version had 3D courses and a good number of rivals. I wonder if the GameCube version will be the same? How fun!

3/12 Wednesday
Today I got to be a DJ in Club Sugar!
Jimmy danced while I arranged club versions of Nintendo background music (BGM). The collaboration between my DJing and Jimmy’s dancing made me satisfied! Jimmy is a very good dancer.
I got ring tones from Jimmy, though I don’t know the songs. They bear a likeness to Jimmy.

3/13 Thursday
Today is my mom’s birthday. I gave her a Game Boy Advance SP that I got from Wario! Since my mom loves games, I was very pleased. I wonder if everyone can buy it?

3/14 Friday
Today is the release of Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past Four Swords (on Game Boy Advance)! I bought and played it immediately! This is the first masterpiece in the series with the gods of the Triforce. I've beaten the Super Nintendo version 3 or 4 times, it's interesting to play it again. The music is still pleasurable when guessing at difficult parts!

Now to play Four Swords! I was going to play it alone, but you can't really play it that way! I asked Kat and Ana as well as Shag to play it with me. We had to work together using everyone to defeat enemies and solve mysteries. Shag wasn't very good and we couldn't proceed very far - it was more of a hindrance than cooperation. But for some reason, the number of coins hundred Kat and Ana most. Why?

Note: I retranslated a sentence pertaining to the gods of the Triforce when 9-Volt is talking about LTTP. Thank you Koopaul.

3/15 Saturday
A confirmation was made for WarioWare! Because it's a game that we've made, I'm looking forward to it being released!
You'll have to expect a lot of Nintendo games appearing in it! I hope it sells because I worked really hard on it.

3/16 Sunday
My papa is a firefighter. Who knew? Since there was a disaster drill at Diamond City park today, I went with papa. Papa showed me how to put out a fire with a fire extinguisher for the first time. Then, I got to put out a fire with one! Putting out fires with it was fun, but I'm not saying that it's not fun if you don't. I want to be able to use a fire extinguisher in case of an emergency.

3/17 Monday
Something put my skateboard in bad shape yesterday, and it made me late to school today. I decided to ask Dr. Crygor to modify it so it'll skate in the air without wheels. I went to go look for Dr. Crygor after school. He said he'll have it fixed soon! That's great!

3/18 Tuesday
I went to go walk Shag today. I was talking to him a lot for the first time in a long time. As usual, he had eaten something bad and threw it up. A year ago, he had been abandoned and I picked him up. I made a personal decision to make him my pet. What would I do without him?

3/19 Wednesday
Today I saw Orbulon walking alone and stumbling, so we went to go play at my house. We played with a rare toy, the “Custom Gunman Ray Gun.” my interest in it is high, just like a child’s. I wonder if Orbulon was fascinated by it?

3/20 Thursday
That softie Wario is going to take us on a trip to the universe! Very interesting! It's spring break at school, so I might go! Even Shag will get to go!

Page 2
4/15 Tuesday
The space traveling came to an end! I can’t believe the universe trip is over!
I wanted to look around the universe more, but the condition of the space craft was bad.
...wait? Today isn’t March 21st?

4/16 Wednesday
Today I went to a toy shop, and saw that WarioWare was released! Is it really April 16th today!?
I wonder if people reserved the game...
I played it immediately! My favorite genre is still mine, the “Nintendo” genre, but Mona’s games are also interesting and funny!
...wait!? Shag is in Mona’s games! Why!?

4/17 Thursday
Shag and I were making a cake today. I’d do anything to celebrate a friend’s birthday. As I was stirring, Shag said there was no way I could make the cake but he believed I could do it. I ended up getting the cake made for Shag.
What are friends for?

4/18 Friday
I played Kat and Ana’s stage in WarioWare today. It’s fun to see how well the games play and to play them alone. It doesn’t fail to see it make everyone laugh! I was listening to Kat, and what she told me explains why Shag got hurt!
Kat had surprised me by saying “This game is a must-have!”
No way… did Shag make this too…?

4/19 Saturday
I asked Shag when he helped Mona make her games. He told me “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”
Hmmm, it sounds suspicious and makes me wonder...

4/20 Sunday
I was playing WarioWare by myself today. When you play it alone, you have to focus on filling up the entire screen!
I’m finished up to the last three on the grid, but these three are taking a while to get.*
Once this happens, I’ll be playing earnestly!

* I’m assuming he’s talking about completing the grid as opposed to finishing Orbulon’s, Crygor’s, and Kat and Ana’s stages since he’s already played Kat and Ana’s stage. The literal translation makes this statement vague and confusing, and I had to take liberties given the rest of the translation.

4/21 Monday
I was invited to jump rope with Kat and Ana today. While Kat and Ana were turning the rope, I was flying. I was impatient because the rope became faster while the rope was getting softer? And then the rope becomes fast in the middle…
I wonder if this is how they teach jump rope in kindergarten…?

4/22 Tuesday
I practiced skateboard tricks for the first time in a long time. I was dull with it because I only recently rode it to school. If you don’t continue to practice this happens. Oh, I also have to practice my DJ skills. I haven’t done it because I’ve had a reduction in free time due to school.
Elementary school is so busy.

4/23 Wednesday
I got impressions from Dribble, Kat and Ana regarding my stages in WarioWare. The people who wrote me tell me they loved my genre the best! I’m not surprised, after all, it’s all love for Nintendo!

4/24 Thursday
Today there was a talk around the table with everyone who made WarioWare. It was fun to hear the various stories behind making it! Everyone secretly got to change things around in their games. Even so, I wonder when Shag helped make some games…?

4/25 Friday
I have to quit writing my diary today, and I’m trying to think of something to say. I wanted to say more nice things about Nintendo games for everyone, but I was in trouble. I want to play and make the games of course, but I also want to practice skateboarding and Djing, and I have to make sure my homework for school is done.
It’s a good thing I’m doing what I want to do. It’s also cool I’m working hard to make my dreams and goals come true. I can do anything I want to do. But you also have to remember when to give up when it can’t be helped.
After watching my success happen, I’m out of here with everyone for a while!
...Ah! Today, Giftpia and Fire Emblem[: Rekka of the Sword] were released! You need to go in a hurry to buy them!

Well, bye!

Mona
mona2.gif

Mona’s Profile
Name: Mona
Occupation: Diamond City High School student. Part-time job at the gelato shop.
Favorite Animals: Cute and small animals. Butterfly larvae, beetle larvae, moth larvae. In particular, I love the moth larvae because its hair is bushy!
Like Type (My Type): People with crazy noses! And hairy too. I am attracted to shiny noses.
About Wario: He’s cool! Your nose is cute and wild! But recently, you haven’t exercised. It’s better to go have an adventure...
Word (Quote): My theme is “noses,” there’s no real reason I’m into noses. I’m interested in many things!

Entries forthcoming

Dribble & Spitz

Dribble’s and Spitz’s Profiles

dribble.gif

Name: Dribble
Trick: Driving, of course! I like to show off my driving techniques and I never ride in a taxi!
Character: A super speed freak. I was like this even as a child!
About Spitz: He is my senior. But he always has his head down (sleeping) and is always quiet.
About Wario: I taught Wario how to drive. But he doesn’t quite remember me….
Word (Quote): I have pride in my job, and I’m also interested in the universe. But Spitz doesn’t know that.

spitz.gif

Name: Spitz
Trick: Driving, of course! When Dribble drives it’s a bit rough, but it feels good to ride fast!
Character: Calm. Because Dribble is a speed freak, I am calm and firm.
About Dribble: He is still a junior. He is still immature, but he has good markings and is a great partner.
About Wario: I work quite well with him. But he has no motivation.
Word (Quote): My hobby is to read science fiction novels, but Dribble doesn’t know that.

Entries forthcoming

Dr. Crygor

crygor2.gif

Dr. Crygor’s Self Research Report
Name: Dr. (Doctor) Crygor
Occupation: People call me a scientific genius… I am a genius, as a matter of fact!
Equipment: I have a survival (cryogenic) suit, which I have invented. Thanks to it, I keep my youth forever! Because I forgot to wrap my head in the suit, I am bald….
Subject of Research: Realism. The world is regrettable if it’s not realistic! I scold games!
Recent Study: Hair growth, and love. Quite difficult.
About Wario: He is an interesting study. By the way, I designed his bike. Oho!
Word (Quote): You, I guess you can be my assistant. The salary is not stable! It would be a little bit of a dangerous ordeal, too….

Entries forthcoming

Orbulon

orbulon.gif

Orbulon’s Profile
Name: Orbulon
IQ: It’s 300! On Earth, it seems very amazing!
Profession: Alien. Recently, I came to Earth to conquer it. I decided to study Japanese to start with. Although my IQ is 300, I have a hard time with Japanese.
Special Skill: I am very clever. Puzzles that I let Earth people try are a cinch for me and hard for them.
About Wario: Ever since I crashed into his house with my space craft, we get along well.
Word (Quote): Selling a lot of games, Earth conquest, studying. Buying books to study with.

Entries forthcoming

Kat & Ana

kat2.gif

Name: Kat
Work: Diamond City kindergartner
Special Skill: Using shuirkens, disguising myself. I am a ninja of the Iga clan. My “chi” is flowing!
Favorite Things: Animals! They’re so cute. I especially like cats!
Dislikes: Filthy people!
About Wario: He's alright…. But he stinks!
Word (Quote): Ana and I are twins.

ana2.gif

Name: Ana
Work: Diamond City kindergartner
Special Skill: I cut things very well. It’s because my sis and I are ninjas!
Favorite Things: Flowers! They make everything pretty immediately.
Dislikes: Ghosts!
About Wario: He's alright… But I’m scared of him!!
Word (Quote): Kat, my sis, will make me cry sometimes. But if there’s ever an emergency, she comes to help me immediately! I love my sis!

Entries forthcoming

Last edited:
As requested, I am posting 9-Volt’s information first. If you thought he loved Nintendo before, you'll see just how much he really loves it.

9-Volt’s Self-Introduction!
Name: 9-Volt
Profession: Diamond City Elementary student
Hobby: Collecting Nintendo goods! DJing and skateboarding come second.
Boast: Big time collector of Nintendo hardware and software for TV and more! You can always come over and play!
Pet: Shag, it’s a strange creature.
About Wario: He’s a nice guy! But I want him to stop cheating…
Word (Quote): Second to none of Nintendo lovers! Best regards!

So far, I have only translated the first 7 entries of his diary on page 1. I will not only add individual updates throughout the thread, but used my reserved post to host them. To make a couple of words make more sense, I've added what would be a more logical English equivalent in parentheses.
Any additional notes I make are in italics below the translation.

9-Volt’s Published Diary
2/28 Friday
Starting today I’m writing a diary . I expect this to become a story about games!
To start the story, I bought Metroid Prime which was released today! The Metroid series has been around from the time of the Famicom disk system (NES), Game Boy, Super Nintendo, and Game Boy Advance. I’m a little surprised Metroid Prime is in 3D.
I got excited just by looking because it’s realistic! However, the atmosphere isn’t the same as the other games.
That’s strange.

3/1 Saturday
I’m playing Metroid Prime, which I bought yesterday. The graphics are very realistic, and the sound director helped put in the sense of realism.
Samus is cool!

3/2 Sunday
Today everyone gathered at my house for a puzzle tournament! I decided to compete against the others for 1st place by playing Dr. Mario, Yoshi’s Cookie, and Tetris.
Orbulon played for the first time, which surprised me because he was insanely strong (good). He really does have an IQ of 300. But, overall victory was mine, of course!
It’s good I played games with every one after all.

3/3 Monday
I go to school by skateboard to Diamond City Elementary. I can’t play games while riding my skateboard.
Maybe I’ll ask Crygor to have it remodeled to work on autopilot.

3/4 Tuesday
Today I played Metroid Fusion.
The action is colorful (lively), and as I proceed in the game,it becomes more and more fun! It has difficulty ranging from beginner to advanced, so anyone can play!
It seems there is also a hidden element, but it won’t be hard work to solve the mystery!

3/5 Wednesday
Today I called Kat and Ana to have a match in Mario Kart Advance’s Battle mode. I could do this over again, I’m not tired. At first, it was a landslide victory for me, the middle was pretty tough because Kat and Ana focused their attack on me. Along with Shag, I was up against them in a 2 to 2 match. Because of Shag, I accidentally hit myself with the shell. I had to lose eventually…

3/6 Thursday
Today Mona and I exchanged Pokémon. I'm glad I could get a Pokémon that aren’t easy to get. Mona’s Pokémon were named “Dangobana” and “Butabana.” Strange names…

Note: dangobana and butabana mean dumpling nose and pig nose respectively.

Edit: fixing auto correct typos

Last edited:
I'm fixing to release the rest of page 1 for 9-Volt’s entries. There's roughly 3 weeks on each page 1 for the characters, and 2 for page 2. I'm going to aim for uploading a week a day or every few days.

Until I post some stuff later today, have a gelato eating Orbulon I drew. It'll make sense later.
20160624_015110.png

I haven't forgotten this thread.

I've been struggling a little bit with the translations with a couple of 9-Volt’s entries. I have week 2 all set up though and am still going through the remaining entries on page 1.

This week, 9-Volt and co go to a barbecue and we celebrate 5-Volt's birthday. 9-Volt also likes cherry blossoms. :3

3/7 Friday
Today I’m taking a break from games and practicing DJing. I’m still working on getting better with my skills, so I’m not sure if I can DJ by myself.
Now, if Jimmy asked me to DJ at Club Sugar, maybe I’ll have to

3/8 Saturday
Wario invited everyone over for a barbecue and I went to it. Everyone brought their favorite foods. Since I like Nintendo, I brought mushrooms that looked like Super Mushrooms. I wanted to eat sweets and enjoy the barbecue, but Wario ended up eating all the food by himself. But then, Wario went through something painful. I hope he’s alright…?
Jimmy performed in the field later that night. I also wanted to participate as a DJ. I slept in a tent listening to “Until the Waves of Drifting Voice.” I had also brought my Game Boy Advance, but now I wonder how you can play it with everyone!

Note: the song title is what I’m presuming to be the theme that plays in Dribble and Spitz’s stage. The original page has a link that’ll take you to Dribble and Spitz’s part of the site to listen to the song. I have it linked but I can’t confirm for certainty as I don’t have a computer and my phone doesn’t support Flash player.

3/9 Sunday
This morning it was very cold. You shouldn’t go to bed in a tent on the beach in March. Wario made a reckless plan.
Wario is also strange in the morning. He suddenly became a good person, like he had gotten hit in the head. What was that, I wonder?
Ana caught a cold. Poor thing. But, spring is starting soon. Diamond City park becomes full of cherry blossoms in spring. I’m looking forward to it.

3/10 Monday
It’s raining today. It was hard to ride my skateboard to school. Because it was also raining a lot this afternoon, I played a game quietly at home.
I played Wave Race Blue Storm for the first time in a long time. The games beginning is difficult, but it’s Avery exhilarating game once you know how to play it. It really feels like you’re running on top of the sea! The rough waves in the race started to appear before the rain outside got heavier. Sooo thrilling!

3/11 Tuesday
When I saw the article for the GameCube version of F-Zero in a magazine, I decided to play the Nintendo 64 version, F-Zero X. F-Zero seems like most racing games (and is like Mario Kart if you play it with everyone). The overwhelming sense of speed is killing me!
The Nintendo 64 version had 3D courses and a good number of rivals. I wonder if the GameCube version will be the same? How fun!

3/12 Wednesday
Today I got to be a DJ in Club Sugar!
Jimmy danced while I arranged club versions of Nintendo background music (BGM). The collaboration between my DJing and Jimmy’s dancing made me satisfied! Jimmy is a very good dancer.
I got ring tones from Jimmy, though I don’t know the songs. They bear a likeness to Jimmy.

3/13 Thursday
Today is my mom’s birthday. I gave her a Game Boy Advance SP that I got from Wario! Since my mom loves games, I was very pleased. I wonder if everyone can buy it?

Page 1 for 9-Volt’s entries is done!

This last week on the page is less focused on games and more focused on 9-Volt’s life. In the Ware characters appreciation thread sans Ashley, people had gotten from warelander's translations that his dad was a firefighter. Warelander was correct. It's also pretty much established thst Kat and Ana are his go to buddies for playing games.

3/14 Friday
Today is the release of Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past Four Swords (on Game Boy Advance)! I bought and played it immediately! This is the first masterpiece in the series with the gods of the Triforce. I've beaten the Super Nintendo version 3 or 4 times, it's interesting to play it again. The music is still pleasurable when guessing at difficult parts!

Now to play Four Swords! I was going to play it alone, but you can't really play it that way! I asked Kat and Ana as well as Shag to play it with me. We had to work together using everyone to defeat enemies and solve mysteries. Shag wasn't very good and we couldn't proceed very far - it was more of a hindrance than cooperation. But for some reason, the number of coins hundred Kat and Ana most. Why?

Note: I retranslated a sentence pertaining to the gods of the Triforce when 9-Volt is talking about LTTP. Thank you Koopaul.

3/15 Saturday
A confirmation was made for WarioWare! Because it's a game that we've made, I'm looking forward to it being released!
You'll have to expect a lot of Nintendo games appearing in it! I hope it sells because I worked really hard on it.

3/16 Sunday
My papa is a firefighter. Who knew? Since there was a disaster drill at Diamond City park today, I went with papa. Papa showed me how to put out a fire with a fire extinguisher for the first time. Then, I got to put out a fire with one! Putting out fires with it was fun, but I'm not saying that it's not fun if you don't. I want to be able to use a fire extinguisher in case of an emergency.

3/17 Monday
Something put my skateboard in bad shape yesterday, and it made me late to school today. I decided to ask Dr. Crygor to modify it so it'll skate in the air without wheels. I went to go look for Dr. Crygor after school. He said he'll have it fixed soon! That's great!

3/18 Tuesday
I went to go walk Shag today. I was talking to him a lot for the first time in a long time. As usual, he had eaten something bad and threw it up. A year ago, he had been abandoned and I picked him up. I made a personal decision to make him my pet. What would I do without him?

3/19 Wednesday
Today I saw Orbulon walking alone and stumbling, so we went to go play at my house. We played with a rare toy, the “Custom Gunman Ray Gun.” my interest in it is high, just like a child’s. I wonder if Orbulon was fascinated by it?

3/20 Thursday
That softie Wario is going to take us on a trip to the universe! Very interesting! It's spring break at school, so I might go! Even Shag will get to go!

On another note, each character except for Orbulon has 35 entries - 21 on page 1, and 11 on page 2. Orbulon is a day short at 34 because there's a day he sleeps 36 hours straight and isn't awake to update his diary. Due to the format, I'll release 3 updates for page 1 for each character, and a single update for page 2.

I hope people are enjoying this! This is actually very fun to do!

Last edited:
Gods are a big part of the Zelda lore. The world in that game was created by the three goddesses: Din, Farore, and Nayru.
Thank you. That clarifies things a lot and I really appreciate it.

What 9-Volt says in the entry doesn't specifically mention anything about the three goddesses, all he really says is the game "is a masterpiece with the gods," and that by itself left me with a lot of possible interpretations. I didn't want to come off as someone pretending to know stuff about something I don't really know, either.

Zeldawiki says that Din, Farore and Nayru first appeared in LTTP, albeit unnamed, so what he's saying makes a lot more sense. Thank you again.

It's been nearly a month with no update, and I do sincerely apologize. I don't like making excuses, so I won't here and just say that after going through some personal stuff and dealing with my cat dying, I'm going to try and get these knocked out. I'm starting a new job on the 8th so I'm hoping to have a lot posted by then.

A little teaser for later: 9-Volt can't get over Shag being in Mona's games and Wario loves talking about poop. The texture of his poop, taking poops, it's all there. Take that as a warning if you don't like gross out stuff, but there's some entries that are pretty funny of his IMO, so hopefully people will find it worth it to read through his poop analysis.

Wario loves talking about poop. The texture of his poop, taking poops, it's all there. Take that as a warning if you don't like gross out stuff, but there's some entries that are pretty funny of his IMO, so hopefully people will find it worth it to read through his poop analysis.
oh dear

Finally finishing up 9-Volt’s entries here!

Without having looked ahead at what the other characters are saying about things from their perspective, it seems like the diary entries are separated by personal lives in section 1, and talking about WarioWare in section 2. 9-Volt seems less enthusiastic in this section compared to the first one.

Interestingly enough, the first WarioWare was released on March 21st in 2003. The last entries in section 1 for each character is the 20th. It seems like a little space travel knocked their brains around a bit.

4/15 Tuesday
The space traveling came to an end! I can’t believe the universe trip is over!
I wanted to look around the universe more, but the condition of the space craft was bad.
...wait? Today isn’t March 21st?

4/16 Wednesday
Today I went to a toy shop, and saw that WarioWare was released! Is it really April 16th today!?
I wonder if people reserved the game...
I played it immediately! My favorite genre is still mine, the “Nintendo” genre, but Mona’s games are also interesting and funny!
...wait!? Shag is in Mona’s games! Why!?

4/17 Thursday
Shag and I were making a cake today. I’d do anything to celebrate a friend’s birthday. As I was stirring, Shag said there was no way I could make the cake but he believed I could do it. I ended up getting the cake made for Shag.
What are friends for?

4/18 Friday
I played Kat and Ana’s stage in WarioWare today. It’s fun to see how well the games play and to play them alone. It doesn’t fail to see it make everyone laugh! I was listening to Kat, and what she told me explains why Shag got hurt!
Kat had surprised me by saying “This game is a must-have!”
No way… did Shag make this too…?

4/19 Saturday
I asked Shag when he helped Mona make her games. He told me “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”
Hmmm, it sounds suspicious and makes me wonder...

4/20 Sunday
I was playing WarioWare by myself today. When you play it alone, you have to focus on filling up the entire screen!
I’m finished up to the last three on the grid, but these three are taking a while to get.*
Once this happens, I’ll be playing earnestly!

* I’m assuming he’s talking about completing the grid as opposed to finishing Orbulon’s, Crygor’s, and Kat and Ana’s stages since he’s already played Kat and Ana’s stage. The literal translation makes this statement vague and confusing, and I had to take liberties given the rest of the translation.

4/21 Monday
I was invited to jump rope with Kat and Ana today. While Kat and Ana were turning the rope, I was flying. I was impatient because the rope became faster while the rope was getting softer? And then the rope becomes fast in the middle…
I wonder if this is how they teach jump rope in kindergarten…?

4/22 Tuesday
I practiced skateboard tricks for the first time in a long time. I was dull with it because I only recently rode it to school. If you don’t continue to practice this happens. Oh, I also have to practice my DJ skills. I haven’t done it because I’ve had a reduction in free time due to school.
Elementary school is so busy.

4/23 Wednesday
I got impressions from Dribble, Kat and Ana regarding my stages in WarioWare. The people who wrote me tell me they loved my genre the best! I’m not surprised, after all, it’s all love for Nintendo!

4/24 Thursday
Today there was a talk around the table with everyone who made WarioWare. It was fun to hear the various stories behind making it! Everyone secretly got to change things around in their games. Even so, I wonder when Shag helped make some games…?

4/25 Friday
I have to quit writing my diary today, and I’m trying to think of something to say. I wanted to say more nice things about Nintendo games for everyone, but I was in trouble. I want to play and make the games of course, but I also want to practice skateboarding and Djing, and I have to make sure my homework for school is done.
It’s a good thing I’m doing what I want to do. It’s also cool I’m working hard to make my dreams and goals come true. I can do anything I want to do. But you also have to remember when to give up when it can’t be helped.
After watching my success happen, I’m out of here with everyone for a while!
...Ah! Today, Giftpia and Fire Emblem[: Rekka of the Sword] were released! You need to go in a hurry to buy them!

Well, bye!

Next up, Wario and his analysis of poop.

You have plenty to look forward to, I promise.

I'm still fine tuning this entry, but this one is funny:

3/2 Sunday
Of course I like him! But what can you say, that 9-Volt guy was cheating, I didn’t win at anything. Because I have such a big heart, I don’t care that I lost! (But because it was a little frustrating, I left a big poo in the toilet at 9-Volt’s house)

I still can't thank you enough for doing this, I'm really loving those little extra tidbits about 9-Volt, his life, relationships and feelings of the game he helped to create it's the kind of stuff I always wanted to see explored with the Ware cast, but never expected to get, so this is making me very happy.

Also, Shag specifically being that one Fronk in those microgames blew my mind.

I still can't thank you enough for doing this, I'm really loving those little extra tidbits about 9-Volt, his life, relationships and feelings of the game he helped to create it's the kind of stuff I always wanted to see explored with the Ware cast, but never expected to get, so this is making me very happy.

Also, Shag specifically being that one Fronk in those microgames blew my mind.
It's no problem at all! You feeling happy with the extra tidbits with 9-Volt and such is precisely why I wanted to do this, and for myself, I wanted to do this with Orbulon so everything works out. :redhappy:
I have a new appreciation for the characters as a result because the English translation side of things doesn't really get into this stuff. There's no websites like the ones I'm going through that show all the characters from this side in the Western world and it's a shame. It resulted in me feeling that 9-Volt was pretty one dimensional at first, which is a shame because there's so many little details hidden.

I have you to thank too because if it weren't for you, I wouldn't have even known that this had existed!

That surprised me too! Shag is too sneaky for 9-Volt to keep up with.

3/19 Wednesday

On another note, each character except for Orbulon has 35 entries - 21 on page 1, and 11 on page 2. Orbulon is a day short at 34 because there's a day he sleeps 36 hours straight and isn't awake to update his diary. Due to the format, I'll release 3 updates for page 1 for each character, and a single update for page 2.

It's interesting to note Orbulon has a day short due to sleep, this may be a reference to how Aliens would abduct people during sleep or how in Japanese accounts sleep paralysis is connected to " alien abductions " since during this period in a person's sleep cycle if they were to ever " see " or feel a presence of a shadowy figure, people would call them demons, aliens, or monsters even though it's due to the disturbed sleep cycle, although it could be speculation.

www.vice.com/read/the-nightmare-reveals-the-real-life-horror-of-sleep-paralysis-500

Custom gunman ray gun also seems to be a play on how aliens would have various technology mostly guns, especially with Japanese aliens and in media.

Mars-SVC.jpg

Still thank you again for translating all of these, I absolutely love Orbulon and like how he's getting a lot of attention here.

It's interesting to note Orbulon has a day short due to sleep, this may be a reference to how Aliens would abduct people during sleep or how in Japanese accounts sleep paralysis is connected to " alien abductions " since during this period in a person's sleep cycle if they were to ever " see " or feel a presence of a shadowy figure, people would call them demons, aliens, or monsters even though it's due to the disturbed sleep cycle, although it could be speculation.

www.vice.com/read/the-nightmare-reveals-the-real-life-horror-of-sleep-paralysis-500

Custom gunman ray gun also seems to be a play on how aliens would have various technology mostly guns, especially with Japanese aliens and in media.

Still thank you again for translating all of these, I absolutely love Orbulon and like how he's getting a lot of attention here.
It didn't click to me with him, but that makes a lot of sense. What you linked is interesting too, especially considering that I'm not in the 6% of people that's experienced that first hand.

Orbulon is kind of a strange character in the sense that he's depicted as sleeping most of the time. He gets himself into trouble because of sleeping in Twisted, he either was, getting ready to, or just wanted to sleep in DIY (and got in trouble there with his own little mini story), and before I decided to make the project one I'd do for here, going through some of his entries, him getting 10 hours of sleep alone makes him cranky. Most fictional aliens I've seen are non-sleeping - I remember reading a leaked script for an Invader ZIM episode where Zim flat out states that his species (Irken) don't sleep, and honestly I can't recall any other extraterrestrial form that does in other media, save for shows like American Dad where Roger, the alien that lives with the main family, isn't really focused on because he's an alien, he's just treated like the rest of the main family.

I think my largest dislike for the WarioWare series has to do with there being very, very little characterization for the developers. Wario and Mona get the most screen time out of the cast and even they don't really get any sort of personality. You know who Wario is based on context from the Mario games and the Land series, and you know Mona is a happy, cheerful high schooler and where she works. You don't know much about anyone else, though. As I told @warelander , I thought that 9-Volt was very one-dimensional and didn't have much to him until I did this. I wish Nintendo wasn't so afraid to flesh out their characters. If they can develop a lore and get enough information out for the Legend of Zelda series where an encyclopedia for the series has been published, I feel like they should have things for other series too. Sonic the Hedgehog has loads of information from different sources, for example, and that's just as easygoing and approachable as most of Nintendo's properties.

All in all though, it's my pleasure! I'm glad that more people are getting into it and I'm very happy that people are enjoying it and leaving feedback. This is something I feel like everyone should get to enjoy.

Looking at the manuals for the WarioWare games, I always found it weird that Wario’s background motifs were of poop, yet the writing never really talked about it at all or explained his fixation. These entries don’t really explain it either, but at least there’s more background behind the design choices.

For the sake of entertainment, I’m leaving his words intact for how he describes things. It’s much funnier that way. In a lot of the entries too, he likes to say “yoshi,” which translates to him saying “Ok!” or “Let’s go!” like he does in sound clips in both the Ware and Land games. If you see random utterances of “Ok!”, that’s why.

wario2.gif

Wario-Like Profile
Name:
Wario
Occupation: Adventurer. Now president of WarioWare Inc.! Anything else if it makes money!
Trick: Brute force, Gluttony
Character: Cool, Intellectual, Handsome! What? “Handsome” isn’t a personality trait? What do you know!!
Favorite Words: Make profit, wash hands, get rich quick, all-you-can-eat
For Employees: You could say that I like to make games, I had 9 people help me! You guys better respect me!
Word (Quote): I made WarioWare, a worldwide released, funny game! Buy it!

Wario-Like Buri Buri* Diary
Page 1

2/28 Friday
I have to start writing a diary, and for a long time too!
I had soft feces come out yellow today!
I blame the banana I ate yesterday!
Maybe it’s better for me to not eat the skin!

3/1 Saturday
On the way back from an all-you-can-eat buffet, I wanted to have a poop. I was good walking in the field, but Dribble and Spitz happened to be driving by in their taxi, so I got a ride back to my house. That’s how employees should be after all!
I had farted several times along the way. I’m glad they didn’t make a sound!
Once you know that you have to fart in the taxi, your cool image can be lost!

3/2 Sunday
Of course I like him! But what can you say, since that 9-Volt guy was cheating, I didn’t win at anything. Because I have such a big heart, I don’t care that I lost! (But because it was a little frustrating, I left a big poo in the toilet at 9-Volt’s house)

3/3 Monday
Unlucky!
At a place about 5 meters away from my house, I was unable to endure holding it in and I had to poop in the field! There was a poo in the shape of a nose! Did I eat a strange thing yesterday? Eh, whatever!

3/4 Tuesday
Unlucky!
There was a poo in the form of a nose in front of my house!
Who is it!! Who could have had a poo like that in a place like this!

3/5 Wednesday
Usually my poo comes out in excellent condition, but that wasn’t the case today!
Suddenly, my house shook with a loud boom and took out a lot of the house with the shock! A space craft had crashed into my house, and Orbulon fell out!
It’s a pity that my house is a bit broken, but it’ll be good again like me! Ok!

3/6 Thursday
When I got up this morning, the house was a little messed up. Who could have done such a thing! Did we do something yesterday? Furthermore! The refrigerator is crushed! Do not become rotten and do not eat fast, or eat everything at once! Ok!
Hmm! Good!!
Once you are satisfied, poop will become what you want it to be!

*Buri Buri is an onomatopoeia for being worried or angry about something. Knowing Wario, it's the latter.

I take no liability in your feelings towards Wario's bowel movements.

Last edited:
I guess they feel more characterization wouldn't be necessary for a game without much of a strong plot. Still, it'd be cool to have localized supplementary materials, however different it may be from the Japanese.

Back