The Food Thread

MonaWare

do wa ditty
Diamond City Insider
(Hopefully this doesnt already exists, Ive looked at all the threads in GCC, but not in a while, and am too lazy to do it again now >.>)

So weve already kinda covered food a bit in the Favorites thread, but this is more of a general say-what-you-feel kinda thread, with less rules and whatever, so maybe it can inspire some responses : p And everyone likes food, so its an easy conversation to have : p

Anywho, food : p What do you like? What dont you like? Its a pretty simple conversation : p

I actually like food a bunch : p I try not to over eat, though later in the year I usually go a bit too far, for some reason : / Then when late winter, early spring comes, Im terrified to even eat a meal : /

My favorite foods are like Pizza, cookies, breads, pasta, soup and sandwiches : p
Im actually not real big on meat. I used to like it more, but lately Ive been kinda weird about it. Like, I just dont really wanna eat meat ever anymore. Its greasy and bleh. And I hate meat and potato kinda meals, cant even look at them anymore : / I can like meat, when its like a part of something, but just a slab of meat, ugh. Cant do it.

I used to not like candy like ever, but lately these past few years Im liking it more and more, for some reason. No idea why : p But I usually buy some candy on payday, a habit I need to break : /

I dont like chips : p Like potato chips, or anything like that. I dont like salty, greasy foods : p And I just dont enjoy chips at all : p Oh except barbecue chips, they have a sweet tangy flavor that I like.

I like vegetables, and some fruits. I am picky about fruits, though. Surprisingly enough : p I love bananas, I could eat them every day. I love berries and grapes. I like how orange taste, but I hate eating them : /

What do you like, and not like? : p

My favorite is seafood, when I can get it. Lobster, snow crab legs, shrimp, scallops, calamari. I don't really like fish thouh, except salmon.

I like pizza (who doesn't?) pepperoni only, no weird toppings.

Potatoes, asparagus, and kale are my favorite vegetables.

Favorite fruits are apples, bananas, grapes, strawberries, raspberries. Apples and bananas are the only ones I eat on a regular basis though. I don't like citrus fruits at all, they're all membrane-y and gross.

My favorite junk foods are goldfish crackers and cheese nips, or any cheddar cracker thingy.

Umm, that's all the major food groups I think.

My favorite is seafood, when I can get it. Lobster, snow crab legs, shrimp, scallops, calamari. I don't really like fish thouh, except salmon.

I like pizza (who doesn't?) pepperoni only, no weird toppings.

Potatoes, asparagus, and kale are my favorite vegetables.

Favorite fruits are apples, bananas, grapes, strawberries, raspberries. Apples and bananas are the only ones I eat on a regular basis though. I don't like citrus fruits at all, they're all membrane-y and gross.

My favorite junk foods are goldfish crackers and cheese nips, or any cheddar cracker thingy.

Umm, that's all the major food groups I think.

Oh yeah, sea food is great. I like fish a bunch, actually : p I like crab, but I hate having to break it apart and dig for the meat : / So I really like the imitation crab alot more, haha : p And shrimp is good, too : 3 I also like weird things, too. Like, we once bought this seafood medley, and it had like these little squids in it. My family was too afraid to eat it, but I actually really liked it, haha.

And pffft, I like any pizza but pepperoni : p Its so bland, I dont really even miss it when its not on the pizza
: p I like chicken on a pizza, thats good. I also even just like plain cheese pizza : p I like weird pizzas, but Im more adventurous with food than most people >.>

And haha yeah I feel the same way about oranges, they taste great, but are not fun to eat : /

Oh and junk food, definitely cookies. I also like honey roasted peanuts, those are great. I hate all chedder crackers, though. Theyre awful, they just make my mouth all dry and gross : /

I like sweets, too. I like cake, my favorite at the moment is actually strawberry cake with strawberry icing. Haha, I think most people are weirded out by that, though : p Like no one wants that much strawberry on their cake : p I also like peanut butter cake, and chocolate cake.

I dont like salads. I can eat them if I add like a boiled egg or tuna or something to it, but I dont enjoy the way they taste and feel. I just cant enjoy them. I do like raw vegetables, though. Im weird about potatos, I dont like fried potatos, or mashed potatos. But I like them boiled or steamed.

So Ive recently found that barbecue sauce with mac and cheese is really great : p Im way into it atm : p Would like to eat it more often if I could : p

Ive also noticed that Ive become like really annoyed with vanilla, especially with ice cream. Like the other day our neighbor texted my mom to say she was stopping by dairy queen, and wondered if wed like a blizzard. I told her Id like chocolate, but she got me vanilla anyway. I ate some of it, but was so annoyed and unhappy with it that I ended up throwing it away : p Seems ungrateful but I just couldnt enjoy it.

Man village-san is a man of my own heart. I too love sea food mostly sushie. Unagi(eel), Ika(squid), Hamachi(yellow tail), Tako(Squid) amongst some of my favourites. Italian food like calamari and risotto are also high up for me as well. Also Mona in terms of those mac/cheese with bbq I remember as a child I had the brightest idea of dunking a banana in bbq sauce and from what I remember it didn't taste bad but it's just weird thing to do.

Haha, that pigs in a blanket pizza, looks horrible yeah : p

I saw where Magma said something about you and fast food, apparently thats a thing with you : p

And CMV is weird about sushi actually. He has claimed to both not like it and like it at different times with me, so Im not really even sure what he thinks about it : p I live sushi, though. Would eat it more if it were more affordable : p

And haha, barbecue and fruit, that sounds really horrible : p But the mac and cheese thing really is great! It goes well together, you guys should try it.
I remember as a kid in elementary school, we read this book about a kid who got rich off chocolate covered pickles. We tried it in class, and I remember thinking it was not all that great at all : p Cant buy into that story anymore : p

splenda-blueberry-muffin-400x400.jpg

I LOVE BLUEBERRY MUFFENS! THEY ARE THE BEST THING THIS WORLD EVER MADE IN TERMS OF FOOD!!!!

I also really love (Chicken) burgers and fries with ketchup, best dinner! Homemade pizza is also my favorite, it's also fun to make! :3
I do the cheese, sometimes the pepperoni too. I also get to decorate my own pizza.

Haha yes my insane love for fast food is strange considering I haven't eaten fast food in over 2-3 years now. I just sort of think some of it looks aesthetic as strange as that might seem. Also love mcdonald's fist fights as well. Also Pickles and chocolate I can't imagine that even remotely being delicious or how it can get a person to be rich.

Some sushi can be hard to swallow literally such as tako. It's more of a getting used to kind of food and I'm glad you do enjoy it as well as village-chan. Should probably try that mac and bbq blend yeah it does sound like it'd fit.

Food is fantastic. I'm actually a former vegan and due to that experience I've become interested in the nutrition side of things as well.

Aside from that though, I love vegetables. As much as I love pizza, I'd take a salad over it almost any day. I like fruit as well, but I have an oral allergy to a lot of it so I'm stuck with just eating berries.

Spaghetti dishes are my absolute favorite, followed by meatloaf and hamburgers and hot dogs. After that I usually can either take or leave meat.

I love Asian dishes too like American Chinese take out, noodle bowls, miso soup, curry...

I'm making myself really hungry just talking about all this stuff right now.

I wanna eat healthier too, but I live with someone who doesnt share that feeling. And sadly, when I complain that we dont eat healthy, she tells me I just need to eat less of what we are eating.

It seems unfair to me, instead of being fulfilled with good foods, I have to go halfway without wiht bad foods. Makes me kinda mad > : /

Been eating a lot of sandwiches and meats lately, though I've been putting more vegetables on my sandwich as well as when eating ground turkey beef adding in cauliflower. At first it tasted funky but now it's much easier to eat and haven't noticed it tasting " strange " as when I first tried it out.

Caluliflower on a sandwich? Haha gross : p Though that reminds me of a thread I wanted to make. May just bring the topic here though not sure yet : p

Caluliflower on a sandwich? Haha gross : p Though that reminds me of a thread I wanted to make. May just bring the topic here though not sure yet : p

Oh lol no cauliflower with smoked turkey. On sandwiches I put tons of spinach and lettuce. Wonder what kind of thread that would be.

Well I was thinking about making a thread about weird things people do with food, cuz I have a few : p But it may not generate much activity so maybe Ill just bring up the topic here : p

Soooo yeah : p What are some weird things you do with your food? : p I have a few weird things that I do that others think is weird : p

So like I said earlier, I like putting barbeque sauce in my mac n cheese : p Its really really good if you havent tried it yet : p It goes really well with the cheesy pasta I think.

I also like using like uh that queso salsa that you can buy from like uhh that big tortilla chip brand that also makes like nacho cheese dip as a sandwich spread : p I have it on turkey sandwiches, its really good.

And I like to have a fried egg on my ramen noodle : p Like yolk and all, and I like cut it up with my fork and eat them together, haha. Its really good too, and filling.

And when I have chips with my sandwich, I like to actually put the chips in my sandwich, like making them a part of my sandwich : p

And when I eat pizza, sometimes I like to fold the slice of pizza in half, like long ways. Its really good too : p

I like to mix queso dip with black beans, and spreading it on tortilla bread. I dont think that one is so weird though, it makes sense, I just havent found anyone else who does that yet : p

And I like soup and crackers, but when I used to eat New England clam chowder, I actually used a pizza cutter to cut up a piece of tortilla bread and put the pieces in my clam chowder instead of crackers : p I dont do that anymore though, I kinda try to avoid eating too much bread now.

I know that I have others, but I cant thing of them atm : p Will post them if I can remember them : p What kind of weird things do you do with food?

And when I have chips with my sandwich, I like to actually put the chips in my sandwich, like making them a part of my sandwich : p

Hah actually I do this sometimes, just whenever I have extra money on hand and buy chips with my sandwich I randomly put some of it in. Some chips that I've used on my turkey sandwich were like cheetos and salt&vinegar chips, surprisingly not bad.

The only crazy thing I do sometimes is put honey bbq sauce on mash potatoes.

Back