The SEGA Shrine

Apart from two of their franchises my SEGA experiences are largely limited to their Mega Drive/Genesis library and a couple arcade titles, with that said I always found the variety of their franchises very impressive, both in gameplay and in style.

If there's one franchise that really stands out to me (apart from said exceptions) it's the Ecco The Dolphin series, particulary the first game, it's just such a bizzare and out there premise for a game staring this kind of main character and so unusally gloomy and outright dark that I can't help but to kind of love it for that alone, regadless of how frustrating the game can get.

My first exposure to something Sega related was Jet Set Radio Future. When I first got my Xbox in the early 2000's or right then and there we were asked for one of those crappy game magazine subscriptions you know the ones. Long story short for about a few months they came with these demos about games that would were TBA at least back than. It came with a bunch of things like Whack!!, ToeJam & Earl, Trailers for games, etc. Now this is where I got interested in something called JSR Future, and I thought the art style from the image that it showed was incredible I just started playing it. Thought the idea of it was fun going around the city and start taggin' things as well as escaping other gangs and even these weird police like guys can't remember their names, always chose Gum though the best of the best.

I soon bought the game as a whole since I was so impressed by the demo itself, not only did it impress me but I got interested in Sega games from then on. I never truly got into other Sega series until meeting Magma and how we talked about Sonic(which back than I despised) not so much now but I still don't care for him and I think Sonic looks ugly and creepy but that's beside the point. Soon enough I also met another friend who enjoyed Genesis titles most notably the Shinobi series. Once the Wii hit with it's massive VC collection I picked up this game that interested me while looking at the library of Sega games on it and one that stuck to me was Gunstar Heroes absolutely my favorite Genesis game, the arcade style run and gun game play is so reminiscent to another game I love already called Metal Slug.

You had such power ups that either home in on your enemies or become stronger version of your weaker or original gun, it's a game best enjoyed with a friend too considering the multiplayer makes things much more hectic and fun when you just start gunning every enemy down.

Gunstar Heroes.png
Gunstar Heroes2.png

My favorite game is a Sega IP.

I cant really say I know all that much about Sega, though. I dont really think Ive played all that many games, meaning I havent really played many Sega games. There are many Id like to try, though.

Imagine if Dynamite Headdy was remastered in Wario Land Shake It's Artstyle, that would be amazing.

Ehhh... it's a nice idea, but Wario Land Shake is pretty lifeless and static with its backgrounds compared to all the little details going on in Headdy's world. It would be a massive amount of work to have it animated.
I think stop-motion would do Headdy justice, using wooden textures for the puppets, and a mixture of fabrics and plastic textures, since it's a world full of living toys.

dynamite_headdy_wallpaper_by_luster11.jpg

Very true, I didn't take that into account.

Seriously there's a Sega thread and not even one mention of NiGHTS?
image.jpg

Now I have little to no nostalgia for this game, (I was born long after the Saturn disappeared.) but damn I will say is it a good game regardless.
The graphics, the amazing soundtrack, the unique gameplay, the weird and crazy atmosphere,
This game even today is still an incredible time, and I would definitely recommand it to anyone who loves the Sonic the Hedghehog games. (It was actually created by the same people behind Sonic.)
Now the game is a bit difficult to get into at first, but once you get into it, it's pretty damn addicting and very fun as a result.
Now I would go into depth about the gameplay, but i'm pretty bad at describing things, so instead i'll just show you a video on how the gameplay works.
(the video is almost 10 years old which is why it's so low quality.)

Now the game is a bit difficult to get into at first, and it definitely encourages you to be good at it, (Hell it locks the final level if you don't have a good rank which is fucking stupid BTW.)
But once you start to get good at it and you start getting high scores and good ranks from it, then it's a hell of a fun time, just flying through the level at high speeds and getting as high of a score as possible, seriously it's pretty addicting.
And while it is starting to show it's age a bit, (The controls are a bit on the stiff side for one and the FMVs don't look very good today.) It's definitely still a fun game as a whole and I definitely enjoyed it and I still come back to it every now & then.

Oh yeah and have I mention the soundtrack is fucking amazing, because it is.

This is just a bit of the amazing soundtrack in the game.
Seriously anybody who hasn't heard it should listen to it sometime, because it's really good stuff.

Last edited:
Seriously there's a Sega thread and not even one mention of NiGHTS?
View attachment 3896
Now I have little to no nostalgia for this game, (I was born long after the Saturn disappeared.) but damn I will say is it a good game regardless.
The graphics, the amazing soundtrack, the unique gameplay, the weird and crazy atmosphere,
This game even today is still an incredible time, and I would definitely recommand it to anyone who loves the Sonic the Hedghehog games. (It was actually created by the same people behind Sonic.)
Now the game is a bit difficult to get into at first, but once you get into it, it's pretty damn addicting and very fun as a result.
Now I would go into depth about the gameplay, but i'm pretty bad at describing things, so instead i'll just show you a video on how the gameplay works.
(the video is almost 10 years old which is why it's so low quality.)

Now the game is a bit difficult to get into at first, and it definitely encourages you to be good at it, (Hell it locks the final level if you don't have a good rank which is fucking stupid BTW.)
But once you start to get good at it and you start getting high scores and good ranks from it, then it's a hell of a fun time, just flying through the level at high speeds and getting as high of a score as possible, seriously it's pretty addicting.
And while it is starting to show it's age a bit, (The controls are a bit on the stiff side for one and the FMVs don't look very good today.) It's definitely still a fun game as a whole and I definitely enjoyed it and I still come back to it every now & then.

Oh yeah and have I mention the soundtrack is fucking amazing, because it is.

This is just a bit of the amazing soundtrack in the game.
Seriously anybody who hasn't heard it should listen to it sometime, because it's really good stuff.

i can't believe I forgot! I so Sorry! Imscared:

Back