Thoughts: "Am I the only one who...?"

ShyGuyXXL

Shyster Guyster
Diamond City Insider
Have you ever asked yourself a question that began with "Am I the only one who..."?

This thread is for those kinds of thoughts. They can be Wario-related or about other games (try to keep it gaming-related, please.)
So yeah, share those questions here, whenever they come to mind. And tell us, are we indeed the only ones >>on this forum<< or do you feel the same way?

I'll start with:
Am I the only one who thought there could have been a Nintendo reference somewhere in all the trash in the:toxiclandfill: ?
There's a hidden Gamecube in some trash in Metroid Fusion which was neat. So why not something here? That kind of theme is perfect for hidden easter eggs. There's also a gamecube (actually 2) in :spoiledrotten:'s lair so they don't have a problem breaking the fourth wall in the game.

Last edited:
This would be perfect for general chit chat, actually : p

Am I the only person who doesnt wanna see Nintendo make their new console on the same level with graphics and power as the competitors console? I mean they did with the N64 and the Gamecube, and it didnt help their sales at all. Sega made their last console, the Dreamcast, a powerhouse of a console, but as soon as the PS2 came out with its DVD player it completely died and we never saw a Sega console again. Am I the only person who thinks that having a more powerful console wont save Nintendo? Am I the only one who took notice that the Wii was far from powerful, but was a success?

This would be perfect for general chit chat, actually : p

I wanted it to be general, but not THAT general. I still wanted it to be about gaming, so I put it here.

Am I the only person who doesnt wanna see Nintendo make their new console on the same level with graphics and power as the competitors console? I mean they did with the N64 and the Gamecube, and it didnt help their sales at all. Sega made their last console, the Dreamcast, a powerhouse of a console, but as soon as the PS2 came out with its DVD player it completely died and we never saw a Sega console again. Am I the only person who thinks that having a more powerful console wont save Nintendo? Am I the only one who took notice that the Wii was far from powerful, but was a success?

Let me put it this way, ...I think the Wii U's graphics already look amazing. We're getting to the point where seeing the graphical differences between console generations becomes harder and harder to see.
However, I wouldn't mind if the NX was noticibly more powerful than the Wii U. I don't think they need to chase their competitors in that regard but for things like draw distance, framerates or load times better hardware is always welcome.
So yeah, i don't think they need to keep up with Sony or Microsoft but they should do what the Wii U did for the Wii. Improve.

That video doesn't really look more "HD" than 3D world. It actually looks less detailed and less polished. And the WiiU is 1080p so what else do you need? More bloom?

Anyway, like I said, I'd rather have better performance and rendering distances. I don't have that big of a Screen anyway.

Starting over.

You don't want Mario games to look like this!?

or even this

People these days want powerful consoles and normal controls. I'm pretty sure Xbox is heading the right way.

Am I the only one who doesn't mind the CoD games? I mean, the multiplayer is something I obviously stay away from, but I really enjoy the story in the games (except Ghost) and I actually like some of the soundtrack. Yes, you can pretty much sum up each game in 3 words, but I quite like the single player content, even if they're all probably 4-5 hours long.

The music in the games can be really good, take a listen to the Russian theme from World at War or even listen to the zombie soundtrack from Kevin Sherwood. I usually listen to some of the music to put me in the mood to mow down my enemies on some of the other online games I play.

Story can be pretty good and have some really cool characters (even if they do absolutely nothing in-game) and some stuff can be very unexpected like the death of one of playable characters from another game, or a really weird easter egg. I enjoy most games but now all, especially Ghost... Eugh, that game is really disgustingly bad.

So why aren't they doing it? Why make Breath of the wind cartoony if this is what it can do?
First of all, "cartoony" isn't bad. It's a style choice and has nothing to do with hardware. If you don't like it, that's your opinion, I like cartoony games very much.
Second, the two videos you showed both still look cartoony. They just have excessive lighting but Link and Mario still look like cartoon and anime characters respectively.
Third, Breath of the Wild (not Breath of the Wind) is not even that "cartoony". Not compared to the Wind Waker. Besides, the current style looks absolutely beautiful. If you wanna play a realistic game that looks as drab as Twilight Princess, play Fallout.

Back