Treasure room in WL2's "Defeat the giant bee!"

Shokora

MarioWiki
Did anyone else have a hard time finding the treasure in this stage? Been working towards 100 percent-ing the Virtual Console version of Wario Land 2 without walkthrough assistance, and this stage's hidden treasure room really gave me trouble. Lemmie tell you all about it...

I tried floating up to every nook and cranny as Puffy Wario.

:ShakesHead:

I tried barging at every friggin wall.

:SRolleyes:

I got excited when I found a bunch of hidden coins in the top right area after you get spat out by the boss, but it didn't last.

:Sgettingold

When I was this close to saying "fuck it", the Pirate Goom that was nearby rudely jabbed me with its spear.

@0@
WL2_E_PirateGoom.PNG

...sending me sliding to the left. The Pirate Goom was now off screen and out of sight. After recovering and building my courage, I sought my revenge by preparing to barge it aggressively.

NAzcwIz.png

But to my astonishment, the Pirate Goom was... GONE! MYSTERIOUSLY!

XBz8Rfd.png

I hopelessly faced an empty wall, carrying with me empty threats and an empty heart. I mourned my loss while slowly towards the wall, on the verge of tears. Being stood up by a Pirate Goom must be one of the most embarrassing things that can happen to a young princess.

:STTnTT:

But then suddenly, WHOOSH, the floor fell out from underneath me. And I landed on the surface of a secret underground cavern...

URuczeL.png

...with the Pirate Goom curled up next to me into a ball (obviously apologetic about jabbin me with a spear, tsk tsk).

:S3:

Oh but what do I see nearby, but the door to the treasure room! I ran to the door as fast as my long, slender and seductive legs could carry me. After totally not using the Virtual Console's "create restore point" function to guarantee me the treasure, I stroll out with my prize.

mcJCO02.png

Fuck yeah, bananas!

Then suddenly, WHOOSH, yet again I accidentally fall deeper into the underground cavern. And... behold! Coins everywhere, as far as the eye could see (at least until they reach the wall).

rCdVGSk.png

Does this game ever run out of secrets?!

(based on a true story)

Last edited:
Interesting picture edits to go with the story. Didn't expect to see someone replace Wario with Princess Shokora in some Wario Land II screenshots...

Back