Wario as a general in a war-themed game...?

ShyGuyXXL

Shyster Guyster
Diamond City Insider
So I've had an idea about a hypothetical game starring Wario...

So far we've seen Wario as a plumber (or at least in the Mario-like plumbery outfit)
and as a biker.

And I thought a war general could be another fitting role for Wario.
He's been seen handling explosives before and I think he'd be a badass leader of an army of bob-ombs or something.

Here's my vision:
general_wario_by_shyguyxxl-d7w1jl7.png

I just don't know what kind of game it would be.
I don't just want it to be a world of tanks clone. It should be its own thing.

Of course, it wouldn't be such a serious game. It's still a game in the Mario universe after all.
Think.... General Guy in Paper Mario.
That sort of mood. War themed but still light-hearted and silly.

What do you think? Does Wario fit the role of a general?
What kind of game could this be? Any thoughts on possible stories or anything?

Last edited:
YOU ACTUALLY KNOW WHO GENERAL GUY IS?!

...Sorry, that was just awesome to hear. I love General Guy a lot.

Anyway, I think that'd be pretty funny! I can't think of a story really, but this is really neat! Maybe the game could be called 'Wario Wars' or something. What if it was a parody of Advance Wars?

I was thinking something like Advance Wars in terms of visuals. Not dark and gritty like Modern Warfare or something.
Advance_Wars_Coverart.jpg

Reactions: 607
Of course. xD It would never work as M rated or anything. xD

It's like how in Paper Mario 2 the bob-ombs have a gigantic war cannon but it's still cute and innocent because it's Mario. Cartoony graphics and cute bombs. :p

Well there was also Commander Shroob in M&L PiT and Lord Crump fighting with his X-nauts so it would be neat if we had multiple races or types or armies to choose from and just have Wario in the title. Do you think it could be a strategy RPG? If Wario is the boss of SML2 I don't see why not have him as a general. Most likely it would have to be a crossover of all the Mario spinoff titles.

It could be strategy based, could be action based. Both would work, I guess.

I think the focus should still mostly be on Wario as the protagonist because he needs a game that represents him as a badass again.
He could lead different underlings though.

Back