Wario Land 2 & 3 Sounds/Music Similarities

Rei

Pro Coolman
Warning! Contains spoilers for Wario Land 3!

So when I was playing through Wario Land 2, I found myself listening to the same music and sounds from Wario Land 3,most of which were completely unaltered. Like the Reactions music that plays for each one,sounds exactly the same. And the Ghost boss in the one of the final chapters you can hear the the laugh that Rudy the Clown makes before the battle starts in Wario Land 3,though this one has slightly altered as well. Though you people probably figured that out already..Though I thought it was interesting and quite fun to recognize like: "Hey! That's from Wario Land 3!" It's quite interesting,though they probably did it to save some time. But it's still cool to see that stuff. wariosm2;

"Hey! That's from Wario Land 3!"
You mean the other way 'round. :S;P:

Well yeah, it IS pretty much the same engine and everything. WL3 is to WL2 what Kirby & The Amazing Mirror is to Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland.
Same visuals, just prettier and some gameplay changes but overall a lot of reused content.
Which is not a bad thing.
They did the same with Kirby: Triple Deluxe and Kirby: Planet Robobot which worked fine. It's like half expansion, half new game.
They could've done that with Wario Land: Shake it! Using most of the same general sprites, like Wario's sprites, but working on other aspects. ...like the frickin motion controls... >_>

You mean the other way 'round. :S;P:

I just played Wario Land 3 first that's why I said that. I probably should've mentioned that... And I agree with the whole thingy that you just said,though Wario in Wario Land 3 seems a bit slower for me though they did change the mechanics a lot from WL2.

Last edited:
I noticed with a lot of sounds, yeah. One sound even bothered me a bit. It's the sound when the D-Bat tries to grab you. The exact same sound is used for the Grab-Bot in Wario Land 3. And I'm always like: But that's a bat sound, not a metallic sound!

I noticed with a lot of sounds, yeah. One sound even bothered me a bit. It's the sound when the D-Bat tries to grab you. The exact same sound is used for the Grab-Bot in Wario Land 3. And I'm always like: But that's a bat sound, not a metallic sound!
Huh, that never occurred to me. (well, I mean, it did happen of course, if that's the case, but I never thought "Hey! The bat makes the sound from the thingy" or the other way around)

Huh, that never occurred to me. (well, I mean, it did happen of course, if that's the case, but I never thought "Hey! The bat makes the sound from the thingy" or the other way around)
I can really notice things like that. I'll give a much more hidden example like this when I find the sound files.

It's the sound when the D-Bat tries to grab you.
I think it's supposed to be a swift-falling-down-sound, not a bat squeak.

Found it!
Here's Wario's voice in Wario World when he almost falls off a ledge:
https://clyp.it/x4iiq2zs

Now here's a voice clip from Mario Golf 64:
https://clyp.it/uahxjaw5
Can you hear it? Good, because now you'll NEVER unhear it again.:)
It's like how they used a lot of the same voice clips in Wario Ware Inc. but edited them together in different ways, changing the pitch, sentence mixing, etc.
For example, Jimmy has a clip where he goes "Oh yeah!" and a "No!" clip. So for one voice clip they just took the "Oh" and the "no" and made an "Oh no!" ^^
But you can still sorta hear the beginning of the "yeah" inbetween. xD
One I really love is Crygor's "Ve-ve-ve-very ni-ni-ni-nice!" :STongue:

I think it's supposed to be a swift-falling-down-sound, not a bat squeak.

It's like how they used a lot of the same voice clips in Wario Ware Inc. but edited them together in different ways, changing the pitch, sentence mixing, etc.
For example, Jimmy has a clip where he goes "Oh yeah!" and a "No!" clip. So for one voice clip they just took the "Oh" and the "no" and made an "Oh no!" ^^
But you can still sorta hear the beginning of the "yeah" inbetween. xD
One I really love is Crygor's "Ve-ve-ve-very ni-ni-ni-nice!" :STongue:
Oh yeah, I could totally hear it with Jimmy's voice as well. xD I guess they still did it because the Gameboy Advance sounds are quite muffled.

I always found it difficult what Crygor was saying a lot of the times to be honest. =P except that "very nice" one yeah. xD

Oh yeah, I could totally hear it with Jimmy's voice as well. xD I guess they still did it because the Gameboy Advance sounds are quite muffled.

I always found it difficult what Crygor was saying a lot of the times to be honest. =P except that "very nice" one yeah. xD

One of his voice clips sounds like "Your doom!" or something to that effect... Or "You're due?" ._. Dunno...
It's more clear in the gamecube version.
His other lines are "Amazing!" "Unfortunate." (At least that's what it sounds like. but that's weird since it seems to be a victory clip) "Excellent!" "Player!" "Okay!" "Very nice!"
The rest are all laughs, bwahs and other non-specific grunts and sounds.

Back