Wario Land 4 Title Screen...is personalized?

I haven't posted here in over a year but, I recently got Wario Land 4 and stayed idle on the title screen and it showed Wario playing a level, It seemed familiar until I realized that maybe the game remembered how I played? Has anyone else noticed this or it's just maybe my copy is "personalized" :wahlaughback:

• Haha
Reactions: 607
Don't worry, your game isn't haunted. It just goes into what TV Tropes calls 'attract mode' if you leave it on the title screen too long. In this state it plays a video showing Wario playing through part of a level.

As you can see in the below video, where a demo of the Entry Passage area is played after waiting for a while:

• Informative
That's cool! Might've been just a coincidence since the gameplay was similar to how I played the level it showed. Same thing happened with a Cractus replay it showed.

• Creative
Haha, but no, your game is not personalised.
Don't worry, it's just a demo playing, like CM30 explained, and it can be similar to how you played one of the levels, but that's just a coincidence.
There's one thing, however, that might catch your interest:
When you open a new file, during the cutscene when Wario is running up the Pyramid, you can make him do the Shoulder Bash gesture just as you can in the actual game. Give it a try.

Back