Wario Land Enemy Concepts

Koopaul

Yes. I'm that Koopaul.
I've been thinking about my own fantasy Wario Land game lately. It's a Metroidvania style game where Wario traverses a new land filled with treasure. Right now I'm sketching up enemies. These are only concept sketches so they won't be too good.

Anyway, I started by thinking about what should be the "Goom" of this game. I wanted it to be something the player really wants to beat the crap out of. A design that says "pummel me without mercy". So I tried making some enemies that look really stupid or annoying while also looking pathetic.

sketches_zpsei0864cv.jpg

Some of these enemies have more of a "little punk" look to them while others look like complete morons. Either way, they have to be round and compact for Wario to pick up and throw like a ball. I thought it would be funny if there was an enemy that walked around using his mustache.

Thanks guys! I did some doodles of enemies that would turn Wario into Fat Wario and I realized something... these enemies look more like Banjo-Kazooie enemies than Wario ones! I need to work on that. Anyway have a look.

sketches2_zpsndifu4wc.jpg

The one I like the best is the chubby crow who drops sweets down from his bag. But I am also fond of the pizza box that spits out slices of pizza. But like I said its too much like a Banjo-Kazooie enemy.

Thanks guys! I did some doodles of enemies that would turn Wario into Fat Wario and I realized something... these enemies look more like Banjo-Kazooie enemies than Wario ones! I need to work on that. Anyway have a look.

sketches2_zpsndifu4wc.jpg

The one I like the best is the chubby crow who drops sweets down from his bag. But I am also fond of the pizza box that spits out slices of pizza. But like I said its too much like a Banjo-Kazooie enemy.

"Candy Crow" might be a good name. And I love that chunky, chip-eating dude. I can see him just shoveling them into his gob until Wario comes by, and he heaves a handful his way.

In my imaginary game there are a variety of enemies that make you fat with various fatty foods. Depending on what region you are in (because there are no "levels" in this game) the enemies will be themed on that region.

For example that fat nerd is found in Otaku Alley which is an area based off of Akihabara in Japan. Yeah this game is kind of mean and makes fun of pop culture and shows a twisted version of our own world. There's another area called Fast Food Fields which has a bunch of enemies that can make Wario fat.

Back