Wario on The Video Game Art Archive and other obscure Wario artwork

warelander

Hope Rides Alone
Coins
Coins
I mentioned it before in another thread, but there is a Tumblr blog dedicated to collecting old and often obscure pieces of video game artwork including Wario games, I'd recommend checking out the Wario, Wario Land, Wario's Woods Master of Disguise hashtags invidually, since not everything is under the general Wario one:
http://thevideogameartarchive.tumblr.com/tagged/Wario

So far it's pretty standard, but there are two that I personally have never seen before, this one from Mario Kart 64:

And this one from Virtual Boy Wario Land :

At any rate this blog will be an interesting one, to keep an eye out for future Wario related updates.

warelander

Hope Rides Alone
Coins
Coins
Changed the topic, to be about other obscure Wario artwork as well, since I have another one (unrelated to the blog) right here:

A really obscure Mario Party 3 render, featuring Wario, that to my knowledge, has never been used anywhere else, outside of that one Manga.

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Coins
Coins
Postbit Highlight (Pre-Defined) Gold Necklace Gold Earrings User Title Style Change Postbit Highlight (Pre-Defined)
Huh, that chicken looks really strange. Don't know why.

And the Virtual Boy Wario Land artwork is quite cool. Wonder if they ever drew any more scenes like that?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Coins
Coins
Postbit Highlight (Pre-Defined) Gold Necklace Gold Earrings User Title Style Change Postbit Highlight (Pre-Defined)
too bad the frog thing in the lower left cave isn't bigger because it would make a great reaction image
Heh, I see what you mean there. Perhaps one of the most artistically inclined members can redraw it at a decent size?

warelander

Hope Rides Alone
Coins
Coins
Another cool thing I found on the blog, you guys remember Arewo Shitain-Hakase from Land 4 (the guy you always find in puzzle rooms) :

As most here already know, he actually made his debut in the Japan only title "For The Frog The Bell Tolls" and as luck would have it the blog has his original art from that game:

King Hehehe

Kingpin of Coinage
Coins
Coins
What?! I didn't know that art existed on the internet! Best I've found is artwork of him with his Tokyo Comic Show Z. Nice find!

warelander

Hope Rides Alone
Coins
Coins
Happeh nuw yeer evrubuddeh, to start up the year have a blog (related to the videogameartarchive) centering around old videogame magazines:
http://oldgamemags.tumblr.com/search/wario

Two interesting Wario related finds include an ad, featuring ''Wario's Treasure Hunt'' :

And a Wario Land 2 centric page, whis has a piece of Wario artwork that looks more like his original Super Mario Land 2 incernation:

warelander

Hope Rides Alone
Coins
Coins
Care to explain what's "old" about my post, instead of just giving a contextless negative rating,, Kyon?

Last edited:

warelander

Hope Rides Alone
Coins
Coins
I don't think it's funny at all, a negative rating like that just makes me wonder what I did wrong... blech, just forget it.

Triple M

Magma Mixer Murata
Coins
Coins
Username Change User Name Style Change
It's a negative rating. As in, in your total ratings it gives you a rating in the negative field. "Old" is probably intended to be use for someone bringing up "news" that isn't actually news or someone who keeps saying the same thing over again.

ThAshleyChannel

That one person
Coins
Coins
I thought the cute clock was just funny. Ever since MonaWare got an old clock rating I thought of it as a funny joke clock everyone clocks around with....clock. :ashley::ashley::ashley: