Wario Welcome to All!

Randomgeek

I'm just here to geek out
Greetings fellow Wario fans! Nice looking forum you got here.
I just finished Warioland 4 and had such a good time that I thought I'd sign up here! :)

I've now beaten all of the Wariolands 1 through 4. What Wario game would you recommend I check out next?

Welcome to Wario Forums @Randomgeek! Congrats on finishing Wario Land 4 too, it's a great game. Which difficulty did you finish it on by the way?

As for a next game... well if you're after a platformer, I'd probably recommend Wario Land Shake It/Wario Land The Shake Dimension, since it's basically a follow up to Wario Land 4 in terms of gameplay mechanics and style.

Welcome to Wario Forums @Randomgeek! Congrats on finishing Wario Land 4 too, it's a great game. Which difficulty did you finish it on by the way?

As for a next game... well if you're after a platformer, I'd probably recommend Wario Land Shake It/Wario Land The Shake Dimension, since it's basically a follow up to Wario Land 4 in terms of gameplay mechanics and style.

Thanks for the welcome! I beat Warioland 4 on normal difficulty, but I'm definitely planning on trying it on hard later this year.

I found all the CDs and got the best ending without too much trouble. Is the hard difficulty much of a step up?

Welcome Randomgeek! This is the WarioForums where the garlic is good and the gold is good and uh, I don't really do that anymore. :shokorashrug:
When you say you played 1-4 does that include Virtual Boy WarioLand? If not I highly recommend you go back for that especially if you want more Wario in the style of WarioLand: Super Mario Land 3 wariosm2;

Thanks for the welcome! I beat Warioland 4 on normal difficulty, but I'm definitely planning on trying it on hard later this year.

I found all the CDs and got the best ending without too much trouble. Is the hard difficulty much of a step up?

Nah, hard difficulty isn't much of a step up. It does add one new type of enemy though, so that's kinda interesting.

Super Hard mode though... well that's another story. That one's brutal.

Welcome Randomgeek! This is the WarioForums where the garlic is good and the gold is good and uh, I don't really do that anymore. :shokorashrug:
When you say you played 1-4 does that include Virtual Boy WarioLand? If not I highly recommend you go back for that especially if you want more Wario in the style of WarioLand: Super Mario Land 3 wariosm2;

No, never played the Virtual Boy WarioLand. I consider myself somewhat of a retro gamer, but I've only delved into the strange red and black world called Virtual Boy one time (it was Mario Tennis at a store where they had one set up for people to try out.)

I'm very curious about Wario's Virtual Boy escapades though. I've watched a bit about it on YouTube, but I'm sure there's a thread on it here where I learn more so I will hunt that down. I've heard that people consider Warioland as one of the better Virtual Boy games (not that it has much competition)

VB Wario Land is basically the best game on the Virtual Boy. So yeah, it's definitely one of the better ones, and it's worth tracking down and playing in general.

Hey there! Welcome to your cosy little Forums, where we (usually) talk about all things Wario, among other things. I haven't been really active here the last few days, but anyway, have a good stay! (No rhyme intended.wariosm2;)

As seems to be somewhat of a consensus, I'd recommend VB Wario Land too. It's an often overlooked game (for understandable reasons) that is probably the closest successor of Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 in terms of gameplay. You should check it out.

Wow, lots VB Wario Land recommendations! Consider me surprised!

Just curious, do you all actually own Virtual Boys, or is there another way to play this apparent hidden gem?

Welcome Newcomer!
If your looking for a game suggestion, Wario World on Gamecube, while a bit short, its a game I love. Give it a try when you can.

Back