warioland Drunk Power-up

niogio

Diamond City Dweller
Coins
Coins
In the Japanese version of wld2 these weird penguins with beer steins splash yellow liquid on wario making him appear drunk and giving him the ability to use alcohol breath as a weopon. Just thought I'd let you know. I wonder if this is in the American version too.

Robin

Wario's ironical daughter!
Diamond City Leader
Diamond City Insider
Coins
Coins
Gold Crown Gold Bracelets Gold Necklace Gold Earrings Teddy Bear
Yup, indeed! And there are plenty of other differences between the japanese and western releases of the games! You can check those out and share what you've found in this thread: Regional Differences (in Wario games)

Robin

Wario's ironical daughter!
Diamond City Leader
Diamond City Insider
Coins
Coins
Gold Crown Gold Bracelets Gold Necklace Gold Earrings Teddy Bear
I love games unchanged. Is a shame I can’t ever see a drunk wario in the US. Hmmm, what if I modded the changes :eek:
That's also a thing! There's a mod that changes the Western version to the Japanese version. I'm not sure if it's out or just some experiment someone did for fun, but I heard of it.

Coins
Coins
They probably changed it because it could induce alcoholism in children, but remember, this is a theory, a GAME THEORY

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Coins
Coins
Postbit Highlight (Pre-Defined) Post Shadow User Name Style Change Profile Music Gold Crown

Yikes Spike

Not related with Wreck it Ralph.
Coins
Coins
Something similar happened on Punch Out, Soda Popinski was originally an alcoholic boxer. And Super Mario Kart during the trophy ceremonies.

Just a Wario Fan

Wario fans of the world, unite!
Coins
Coins
Whatever the reason is for changing it, I still consider Wario's weak tolerance for alcohol to be canon, despite his large body mass.

Frediculous

Diamond City Dweller
Coins
Coins
I love the music for Drunk Wario. They might have changed the sprites and the name of the transformation, but the music still tells you that he's drunk as all heck!

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Coins
Coins
Postbit Highlight (Pre-Defined) Post Shadow User Name Style Change Profile Music Gold Crown
Someone put that music in a video of someone other than Wario acting really drunk or something...

Coins
Coins
I wouldn't necessarily call it a power-up since it's like a transformation state like Spring Wario etc, and um... being drunk doesn't generally help.

DarlingintheFronks

Hasn't Actually Watched Darling in the Franxx.
Coins
Coins
I remember as a little boy playing Wario Land 2 that Wario was just sick and dizzy. "Crazy" wasn't the word that crossed my mind.

Reading that he was actually drunk makes a lot of sense to me.

niogio

Diamond City Dweller
Coins
Coins
I love the music for Drunk Wario. They might have changed the sprites and the name of the transformation, but the music still tells you that he's drunk as all heck!

That is the music I am hearing now without the music that's playing now.
I wouldn't necessarily call it a power-up since it's like a transformation state like Spring Wario etc, and um... being drunk doesn't generally help.
But being drunk is always a power-up. I always do stuff better when I am drunk.