WayForward should do a Shantae/Wario crossover game

I.M.Gibbon

Wario Fan Supreme
The Shantae series is where I get the same sort of fix I got from the older Wario Land games these days, and I really think the two series would mesh well. Have Risky and Syrup team up against the awkward tag-team of Shantae and Wario, each with their own unique style of "transformation" haha.

How did nobody think of this before? This would be awesome!

I'm imagining it now... Getting to switch between the two to perform different tasks and solve puzzles would be awesome. And what if a second player could join in for some co-op? The possibilities are endless!

Also, both series have the same sort of art style, so seeing them interact and work together would be a hilarious sight.

Wayforward should work on the Wario mainseries (with a crossover of course). Wario can switch places with Shantae using a magic genie lamp and they can explore using different transformations and solving difficult puzzles to get hidden content but simpler puzzles for completion of the story. Of course both of them have pirate villains so they'd both work together for separate reasons.

The Shantae series is where I get the same sort of fix I got from the older Wario Land games these days, and I really think the two series would mesh well. Have Risky and Syrup team up against the awkward tag-team of Shantae and Wario, each with their own unique style of "transformation" haha.

I hear you. I bought Shantae on GBC back in 2002 because it reminded me of Wario Land, which I adore. Glad to see her getting popular lately. Hell, these days Shantae games are the only "Wario Land"s we get because Nintendo sure isn't making them.

A crossover between the two would be incredible, and realistic. They have many similarities (the games that is, not the protags lol), and the series has extremely close ties to Nintendo (with Shants herself even appearing in WarioWare)

Last edited:
Wayforward and Wario Land would go together like steak and potatoes.

I'd love to see it happen.
2b4aa132eba6c9b99cf6bb8f3ddda92a93c4962c.jpg

While nothing against the series in itself is it weird that when it comes to the reception it gets I find it to be a bit of an overrated "underrated" series?

Make them a second party developer for Ninty, AKA "The new Rare". :V

Dollar signs everywhere.
I think Wayforward would rather keep complete control over personal projects. At most, they'd do what Platinum's doing and having a working relationship with Nintendo while still being able to work with others if they wish.

While nothing against the series in itself is it weird that when it comes to the reception it gets I find it to be a bit of an overrated "underrated" series?

It's really only gotten mainstream popularity within the past few years. The Smash ballot helped her a lot, actually. Any long-time Shantae fan will tell you that following the release of the first GBC game (a commercial failure) we went through a loooong period of doubt over whether we'd even ever see the half-genie again.

So for us it's very nice to have her back. Her recent popularity is pretty surprising, though. She's kind of exploded lately. I sort of see what you mean.

I still say Giana would be my ideal pick for Smash if we had to get an Indie... Not that I would mind Shantae getting in as well though. ((And it's mainly due to her franchises age and pretty interesting history.))

If only people didn't waste their votes on memes like Goku and Shrek like idiots we would have gotten SOME indie... :/

Shants is a lock for Smash 5.

..maybe. I don't know. Pirate's Curse was released in Japan a few months ago and she's since gained quite a following over there. I think a lot of it rides on how well Half-Genie Hero does when it's released.

warioshantae.png

Back