What could the next WarioWare 'gimmick' be?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Nintendo likes using Warioware to promote console gimmicks... so what do you think the next one will be?

3D, like on the 3DS?

Augmented Reality, like on the 3DS?

Amiibo, like on the 3DS and Wii U?

GamePad controls, like in Game & Wario?

Virtual Reality, because hey why not?

What do you think the next WarioWare 'gimmick' or 'theme' could be?

Maybe they could take a page out of Gamer from G&W, and have each character stages beside the opening one have something interfering with the basic microgame-playing? Could get tiring over the course of an entire game, tho.

fun fax: No WW games support stick-based analog controls, so there's at least *that* left from an input-method perspective, I guess.

Part of me wants an amiibo-enabled WarioWare game so we can finally get figures of the WarioWare cast other than Wario himself. Wario is awesome, don't get me wrong, but even without the amiibo, he has plenty of figures in the Super Mario line, so it'd be a good excuse to finally make figures of characters besides Wario.

I would make Wario's amiibo work with the game so that those who don't want to buy a new Wario figure don't have to. Likewise, the Wario figure made for the game could work as an amiibo, for those who can't find the Smash Bros. version.

Of course, there is the issue of the figures' availability some time past release. How would the game work some time from now? Maybe digital figures? Not as satisfying, but it could work.

Of course, there is the issue of the figures' availability some time past release. How would the game work some time from now? Maybe digital figures? Not as satisfying, but it could work.

I would say they'll go the Disney Infinity PC route -- you can "buy" a figure's character data for around $6 each if a figure is unavailable in your area.

i can't be arsed to find the statement atm, but I remember a Nintendo rep did say they were looking into producing NFC cards.

They probably wont do it, but the Wii U could be a way to have the next game be a Best of Wario Ware gimmicks.
Think about it: one stage has you use the buttons like the original, the next one focuses on gyro controls ala' Twisted and so on, the Wii U Gamepad and Wiimote are all you need to make that a possibility.
It would be sort of new and yet still safe, which is probably the direction that they are going to go with after Game & Wario bombed.

I wouldn't mind a WarioWare for the Wii U and 3DS (just like D.I.Y was).
And like SurrealBrain was saying, it would be great to have also amiibos of the characters.

You mean gyro controls? It's an interesting idea, although I'm somewhat hoping they don't use it. Gyro controls killed Dream Team and Dark Moon...

Twisted already did the Gyro gimmick thought and I don't expect them to reuse older control gimmicks unless it's some kind of best of or does something else very different like Do it yourself.

I don't really understand what's up with the gyro controls on 3DS. It's not like Nintendo doesn't know how to make/use gyro technology. Heck, they've made gyro games on Game Boy Color! All of their gyro-centric titles have really responsive controls. I can't imagine that the actual hardware is at fault here. My guess is that the developers didn't put too much time into making the gyro controls work as well as they should in the context of the game. I would like to note that all the titles mentioned were not developed solely by Nintendo (Star Fox & LM:DM co-developed by Nintendo), so that may have something to do with it.

I'm going to piggyback off of Glowsquid's analog stick note and say that the next gimmick will be the dual analog sticks on the New 3DS. That and/or the secondary trigger buttons.

That's the weird thing. Twisted did the gyro thing perfectly. Then Nintendo use it in a bunch of 3DS games, and its a trainwreck.

Look at it:

He ain't budging one inch, with a 3DS tilted near 90 degrees to the left and right. How did this stuff pass quality assurance?

Oh god no.

We already got an atrocious Yoshi game with them:

Yeah, he liked it, but the game was not well received by anyone else. I don't want Wario's Universal Gravitation any time soon...

The Gyro controls in Sonic Lost World 3DS were but one of many problems in that one. The terrible level design didn't help it, but the game wasn't polite enough to make those controls optional

In fact, I actually would go in that green stuff that slowed me down in one level because it was still easier to deal with than what I had to do to avoid it.

I hear the Wii U version had a similar problem, but I got the patch that made traditional controls useable in their place before it became a big problem for me. At least the console version got a patch. The 3DS version, not so much.

And then sonic boom comes, nominated worst game of 2014.

SEGA is going to be bankrupt if they don't stop making crappy sonic games.

it has to do with something on the 3ds, the could do something with depth e.g (press a when something gets to this point) but I don't see how a whole game can do that.

Back