What do you like about videogames? How do you like the games?

JAGM-Georgy

Wario Fan Supreme
This time I make a forums threath very general for you make a freer answer.

What do you like about videogames? How do you like the games?

I like them because I have so much entertainment with them, I like play it with characters like me (the Mii), in those games I can play with my favorite characters (Robotic Operating Buddy, Dan Hibiki, Frank West). I like play them with friends, I like the videogames be good and not tedious, I am bad for play RPG videogames, I like fighting videogames more, I never played Animal Crossing but I was interested play Animal Crossing, I don't know if I like play online because I hate when people don't play with me when I make a online game, and I like the very complete videogames.

Sorry if I didn't speak very well, I am learning english yet.

I agree with you on the core principle of the entertainment and all the games you list are pretty good games/game characters or aspect of game and really emphasize what I like about games too. I like to have fun. For me self-inserting, a moral story, and even graphics are tertiary to me. I primarily just want to have fun. secondarily I look at things like humor, thrills, or immersiveness. When I say immersiveness I don't mean I want to feel like I am the character. I mean what kind of world are they building? I like a game that takes itself seriously but can be lighthearted about it. I LOVE LORE. I would rather experience a game through its lore and poking around and discovering secrets than by having them thrown in my face graphically. For me gameplay > graphics all day. I would rather take a game that handles like SM64 and looks like Bubsy 3D than have a game that looks like SM64 but handles like Bubsy 3D.
Favorite Games: Wario anything: The punk style wario brings to any medium he's in rocks my world and so do any games like it.
All the classics (basically if there is a smash character from that game I've played every game in the series besides Fire Emblem which I for some reason hate every installment)
I love rail shooters, action rpgs, platformers, puzzle games, horror games... in fact it would just be easier to say which games I don't like which is pretty much just sports games, most mech and racing games.
I don't care if a game is linear or open world as long as it feels creative or smooth to play. For me everything else is just bells and whistles. I've played 8bit RPGS and 16bit rogue-likes that were hours of fun straight.
Currently my favorite games are indy and rom hack games. It blows my minds the creative stories people can come up with an impliment with groups of 1-5 people when game studios with 100+ teams are producing thousand dollar flops.

Back