[Poll] What do you think of Penny?

What do you think of Penny?

• I love her.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • She's a kinda bland character that has a lot of intresting potential.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I dislike her. Get rid of her. (Plus Young Cricket as well) and go back to the pre-SM lineup.

• She's okay really, she's not as interesting as the rest, but she does her job. & that's cool.

• Meh, I don't really care overall.

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

TB100

What you see is what you get, just a guy...
When Warioware Smooth Moves came out, like the previous two games before it, there were new characters that would end up joining the fray of the wacky Warioware crew, those new characters were Young Cricket, Master Mantis, &
Penny.png

Penny Crygor, the granddaughter of Dr Crygor. now from the one month i've been here, i generally already have a general idea of what people think of Young Cricket & Master Mantis (The General Reception i've seen in the fandom is mostly Bleh with some exceptions.) however with Penny, i've seen a more mixed reception towards her. some people love her, some people dislike her, & some people are more meh towards her. But overall she's generally the least popular among the reoccuring Warioware girls (Mona, Ashley, Kat & Ana & Penny,) & generally doesn't get as much fan art or talk like the rest of the girls do. Now what do i think of her? I like her, she seems to have potential to be an intresting character. she's notable for being the only Warioware character to actually interact with The big man himself, in The D.I.Y Tutorials, & she seemed to have good dialogue in that game & her interactions with Wario are pretty funny.
BUTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!! I will admit that compared to the other girls, she's pretty bland. she has no other real quirk besides being a genius. (Which there are already two of) but the main problem is, she kinda stands out as being, well...

Normal. (Or at least, society's definition of normal)

Now being "normal" is not bad & her being kinda of a straight man to the weird as hell crew kinda has some
potential to it. but compared to the other wacky characters we got, she is pretty bland overall, so she needs something to stand out from the rest in my opinion, something that would
make her a bit more interesting, then the person she is now. (Which is the stereotypical genius girl.)

So i want to know, what do you think of Penny, do you like her, despise her, or just don't care.
& if you think she has potential, think of ideas or quirks that would make her a more interesting charatcter overall.

So hit it off in the comments below. (I've obivously got some ideas of my own, but i'll save those for the headcanons thread.)

Oh yeah, Pre-SM means Pre Smooth Moves in case your wondering about that. (Bascially Mega Microgames/Minigame Mania to Touched)

Last edited:
Yeah Smooth Moves introduced some really bland characters. It was the start of the Rhythm Heavenization of the series. Where cute was more important than weird.

Penny is not as bad as Young Cricket. But she's still near the bottom of my Ware characters.

Yeah she's pretty meh, not terrible, but not that good either compared to the other characters. I do agree that there are some potentials for Penny, but as of now it's meh.

I will admit that I didn't have much of an opinion on Penny when she debuted in Smooth Moves, she just didn't really stick out among the cast, but that changed quickly when DIY came out, her extended interactions with Wario in that game are still the best thing that's ever been done with any of the Ware characters and helped me to endear me to her far more.

So despite indifferend beginnings I really do like her and Young Cricket too for that matter, I dunno, I just have a hard time disliking any of the Ware characters, the only reason I have grown to despise that one exception isn't even directly related to the character themselves, so I would never be down with anyone getting the boot.

Back