What happened to the original Wario Land composer?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Aka Kozue Ishikawa? She worked on the music for the first three main Wario Land games (plus various other Game Boy titles like Link's Awakening), yet seemingly vanished without a trace in 2003.

So what happened to her anyway? The other composers are either working at Nintendo still (Ryoji Yoshitomi) or are visible online and working freelance (Tomoya Tomita), yet she just vanished.

Any ideas?

Maybe she died as nobody reported her death on gaming back in the day compare to now. Have you checked Japanese news about her?

Maybe she died as nobody reported her death on gaming back in the day compare to now. Have you checked Japanese news about her?

Hmm, that's a good idea. Not sure how I'd check though, since I don't know what the name would be in Japanese characters.

It's not that uncommon for people who worked on games to just go under the radar, really. Not everyone wants everything they do to be tracked on the internet. Mega Man's real creator Akira Kitamura (not that businessman Inafune) has mostly disappeared from the video game industry and even goes by a pseudonym nowadays.

It's not that uncommon for people who worked on games to just go under the radar, really. Not everyone wants everything they do to be tracked on the internet. Mega Man's real creator Akira Kitamura (not that businessman Inafune) has mostly disappeared from the video game industry and even goes by a pseudonym nowadays.

True, there are quite a few people who seem to go under the radar. Think Eveline Fischer (the DKC 3 composer) was another notable example.

But I still find it odd. Maybe because the modern world is all about marketing yourself, and even people whose most notable credits are a few years/decades ago are still around and present online now.

• Agree
Reactions: 607
You'd be lucky if they don't die at all. A user who goes by the name Digibrony has made a video on an anime director who outright disappears from the industry.

Back