What makes you cry?

MonaWare

do wa ditty
Diamond City Insider
And I mean like teary eyed and emotional, not actually like a serious intense "I need help" emotional response kinda thing : p

Anywho, a few things can really make me feel emotional. Certain game endings have made me feel that way. Usually like the ones that were building up with a love story finally coming to an end and junk. Like I have two games that I always think of with this. Baten Kaitos really built up a relationship between Kalas and Xehla, and in the end the finally get together after like shifting alliances and all that : p Arc Rise Fantasia really got to me too, cuz like (will write this in white letters for spoilers, highlight to read) after the final battle L'arc has to put himself in like suspended animation for 1,000 years in order to save the world cuz JRPG, and all his friends leave him a message at the end that plays during the credits. But Ryfia's never plays. And he wakes up and is all sad that she didnt say goodbye too and thinks she became angry with him and forgot him, but it turns out she actually found a way to sleep for 1,000 years too just to be with him again : p
That made me teary eyed, haha it was a really nice ending : p

Also Ive noticed that like emotional responses from guys makes me feel that way too. Like when youre playing a game or watching a movie, and the male character loses someone they love, and like they respond emotionally by like crying or in some other way. I often get really teary eyed and junk from that, too : p I dont really know why but seeing guys do that generally causes some kind of reaction in me : p

And seeing like best friends being best friends, like showing trust and compassion and concern for each other, that can often cause that in me too. That ones more vague, and I have a harder time thinking of examples, though : p

Sooo what makes you cry?

Usually resolution around family things,just from my exprience, I've always was the odd one out. I also include friends as well,after a few years of friends hating each other and then finally come together makes me feel sad inside. Even if done in a non-serious way.

Usually when a character of significance ends up dying. Since it just feels like a bummer, to have known a character and let that character interact with others makes it feel like there's this bond between them. Sometimes they don't have to be humans or humanoid even an animal death can be very sad.

One instance I can think of is when Wanderer's horse died trying to climb over an abandon spot. It just felt so tragic knowing that the only companion you ever had in that game was gone for good towards the end of the game.

Thanks, Namco.
xJ5cnrq.png

What makes me cry.

1. Having the worst possible team in any game. Is it so hard to not die in the first 20 seconds.

2. Not being able to do my friends request. I'M SORRY COURTNEY BUT THE MODEL DOES NOT EXIST!!!

3. Dying/losing connection while in front of the exit in Slender Fortress... That one is heart breaking.

Oh and this as tears of laughter.

Hahaha oh my goodness, he had some good advice there but had to ruin it by acting like a crazed ape : p

Oh certain songs can make me teary eyed too. I should post about them in Magmas video game music thread : p

I cry a lot, I'm very sensitive, as you'll know d:p
Pixar movies always make me cry, for instance.

I think like everyone else, I cry whenever I get an overdose of a specific emotion. It's just that emotions are way more powerful for me, so I cry more often.
Whenever I'm really scared, really angry, really sad, or really happy, I'll cry.
Luckily, nowadays, really happy seems to be the cause happening most often!
Like, when I'm talking to a person and feel really loved it might suddenly hit me, I'll say something about my realisation and I'll start to cry. In those cases, crying is quite nice, though, as you're with a person anyway, either IRL or connected via the internet.
I don't really like crying while alone, though, it makes me feel lonely.
Luckily I can squeeze Piwi if that happens, though, and think of all my great friends.

@BlueJackG if you peel the skin of the onion first it wont be nearly as bad : p

Certain song lyrics can me like tear up. I dunno why but they sometimes make me feel emotional. Im not a lyric person btw, I absolutely never ever like a song because of the lyrics. There are sometimes songs that I really like where after listening to it many times I take notice of the lyrics and really like them though : p Theres one lately that has been causing an emotional response with me, its this song here-

I feel the cool water rushing over me
Into the sea, I close my eyes
I dream of all the places that I'd rather be
That's all I have now, That's all I have now
(from Pinback's Sherman)

I dunno why, Im guessing its the way Zach sings it though : p (btw its not even a sad song : p) I seem to really like hearing it though : p Gives me like goosebumps on the back of my neck and even teary eyes sometimes : p

A few sad endings and emotional songs can make me cry when drunk. Otherwise, they just make me feel sad and nearly make me cry occasionally, but I can keep the tears in.

Back