What's a childhood mindset of yours that's carried over to adulthood?

tahutoa

Has "it." Fragile musician. Odd, means well.
It's an idea that was brought up by Stamper sometime back in February or so, but I still think about it on occasion. I'm talking mostly about examples of kid logic that carried over, like things that wouldn't make sense now, or would otherwise seem a lot different if you actually took the time to re-evaluate them with your adult brain.

e.g., I didn't realize that the Arby's logo was supposed to be a cowboy hat until earlier this year, and it was entirely because the idea of that symbol being just "the Arby's logo" was so deeply ingrained in my mind from when I was a toddler forward that I never looked at the image through any other lens. Like, just one day, we were driving by one, and I said "heyyyy, I just realized: the Arby's logo kinda looks like a cowboy hat, in addition to looking like a really stylized A" (which is what I've always looked at it as being). My mother responded as if that was a common piece of knowledge, and that in itself had implications which fascinated me.
Another example was how when we were very young, my brother called the overhead air vents in a thrift store "baby tunnels", because they were just the right size for it and I guess even to me seemed like a little kid version of fast travel. despite us agreeing that the baby utilizing the tunnel would be doing that slow-ass crawl where they slam their hands down like the cute little fuckin' idiots they are. Come to think of it, I think the sounds of the vents whooshing and occasionally shaking may have been what spawned the idea-- or perhaps that's what convinced me of the idea. My brother's pretty mentally precocious, and has always been on the same level as me for pretty much everything, so it doesn't surprise me that I bought into the idea wholesale, if only because the idea sounded cool as fuck.

Back