[Poll] Which of the three Wario Land 4 'sequels' was best?

Best Wario Land 4 sequel game?

• Wario World

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Wario Master of Disguise

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Wario Land Shake It

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Cause at the moment, the series basically split three ways after Wario Land 4. Namely Wario World, Wario Master of Disguise and Wario Land Shake It.

So which was best?

Yeah, I'd agree with that. Shake It was probably the closest thing to a genuine Wario Land 4 sequel, hence also my choice for best 'sequel' game.

Yeah, I guess shake it was an actual sequel... I'm not sure how I feel about the game itself though. It had some serious design flaws that made it more annoying than fun... and uuggghhhhh motion controls! `.´

As Mario Wiki points out, Shake It! Follows the basic WL4 formula while reintroducing classic Wario Land characters and concepts. Wario World seemed a decent attempt at bringing Wario to 3D platforming, but was bogged down by including WarioWare stuff in it. And Master of Disguise is the only Wario platformer I've never actually finished. That game just disappoints me. I think it's the gimmicky touch-screen stuff.

Yeah, I guess shake it was an actual sequel... I'm not sure how I feel about the game itself though. It had some serious design flaws that made it more annoying than fun... and uuggghhhhh motion controls! `.´

What were the major design flaws in Wario Land Shake It?

As Mario Wiki points out, Shake It! Follows the basic WL4 formula while reintroducing classic Wario Land characters and concepts. Wario World seemed a decent attempt at bringing Wario to 3D platforming, but was bogged down by including WarioWare stuff in it. And Master of Disguise is the only Wario platformer I've never actually finished. That game just disappoints me. I think it's the gimmicky touch-screen stuff.

I think your views are pretty reasonable here. Although the short length of Wario World (and a few other issues like the rather lame main villain) may have hurt it a bit.

And yeah, Master of Disguise is rather disappointing, at least from what I hear. Good concepts, poor execution.

What were the major design flaws in Wario Land Shake It?
Uhm... things like...
"Well, guess what! You were supposed to do a ground pound while falling down this pit but you didn't know that and now there's no way to get back up again."

Last edited:
Shake It just didn't have that "oomph" that Wario Land 2-4 had. Everything seemed a tad repetitive and nothing was fun to smash and throw.

In the previous games, smashing through solid walls and tackling enemies had that "sha-POW" element that makes Wario so fun to play as. He can lay the smack-down and it feels good! Ironic that Good-Feel worked on Shake It because it doesn't "feel good". Visually it was an amazing game with beautiful hand-drawn sprites and backgrounds. The game also had great music too!

But Master of Disguise was downright frustrating. Transformations were a pain and and getting treasures was tedious.

I'm gonna have to go with Wario World.

Wario Land Shake It gets my vote. It felt like a Wario game plus it bought back Captain Syrup.

Master of Disguise was a huge letdown. Trying to change forms quickly in the middle of a fight was frustrating and unresponsive.

Wario World was a fun experiment that had a lot of personality to it but it didn't feel like a Wario game. It was too short and felt more like a tech demo. I'd love to see a sequel to it though since there's a lot of room for improvement.

Back