Who are some of your favorite video game voice actors?

tahutoa

Has "it." Fragile musician. Odd, means well.
Some basic guidelines:
Even if they're known for their work outside of video games, you can still list them here, but you must name the portrayal you had in mind.
Also, as a general rule, it's a good idea to also list and/or open with your favorite performance by this person.
Attached/Linked examples of the performance are always a good thing (though not mandatory).
The name of the actor in question, obviously.
Seiyuu are also permitted.

With that, I'll get us started by naming one of my all-time favorites: Brad Armacost, for his portrayal of Axel Capek in Red Faction. He sounds like the Winnie-the-Pooh equivalent of Nega Duck and it is positively delicious.

Well this guy is pretty good:

Voiced someone I'm sure the entire forum knows about by now.

As lame as the actual game series is, Mike Pollock as Eggman in the Sonic franchise is a definite contender:

Also, the very epically hammy performance of Michael Guinn as Dracula in Symphony Of The Night:

I'm currently playing Metal Wolf Chaos and Ryan Drees and Julia Yamakarov's work as the leads is a big part of the fun. Their ability to read the most hammy, weird and psychopatic dialogue completely straight is amazing.

Apparently the 47th president of the USA was originally going to be a more serious and stoic character until his VA started doing improv in the recording booth. And the world is a better place for it.

Since Sonic has already been brought up I feel like following it up with what I feel are some of the best examples of voice acting from the Sonic series.

Deem Bristrow as Eggman is probably one of the best performances in the whole Sonic series. Let me just say that I LOVE Mike Pollock as Eggman. He can be comedic as well as authoritative and really belt it out. That being said, I think he comes up short of sounding truly cunning and evil like Deem Bristrow could.

Steve Broadie as E-102 Gamma is another one of my favorite performances in the Sonic series. Despite doing a mostly monotonous voice and also having a thick filter applied to his voice, I feel like Steve Broadie gave a very memorable and unique performance as Gamma. Perhaps this sounds a bit morbid but the fact that he only really voiced Gamma for one game before his untimely death really makes his performance feel unique.

We also can hardly justify this thread's existence in the first place without mentioning Ellen McLain as GLaDOS in Portal:

Or Gary Schwartz as the Heavy Weapons Guy in Team Fortress 2:

Or last but not least, Michael Shapiro as the G-Man in Half-Life:

I think Ive said it here before, but the VA that played Aika on Skies of Arcadia is my favorite videogame VA.

Her voice really fits the character, they did a good job matching voices to characters in this game. She totally pulls off the spunky tomboy voice.

We also can hardly justify this thread's existence in the first place without mentioning Ellen McLain as GLaDOS in Portal:

Yeah! Yeah!!
Since Sonic has already been brought up I feel like following it up with what I feel are some of the best examples of voice acting from the Sonic series.

Deem Bristrow as Eggman is probably one of the best performances in the whole Sonic series. Let me just say that I LOVE Mike Pollock as Eggman. He can be comedic as well as authoritative and really belt it out. That being said, I think he comes up short of sounding truly cunning and evil like Deem Bristrow could.
I was listening to this, and I realized that Eggman actually did know that the emerald was fake, he just pretended like he was bluffing so the failure would hurt that much more.
Steve Broadie as E-102 Gamma is another one of my favorite performances in the Sonic series. Despite doing a mostly monotonous voice and also having a thick filter applied to his voice, I feel like Steve Broadie gave a very memorable and unique performance as Gamma. Perhaps this sounds a bit morbid but the fact that he only really voiced Gamma for one game before his untimely death really makes his performance feel unique.
I love that his voice is monotone, yet at the same time conveys a muted amount of emotion. It's cool. I also like the filters used.
Or last but not least, Michael Shapiro as the G-Man in Half-Life:

Ah damn, I was going to post that ;-(
Serious credit to the voice actor for being able to give the scientist, soldier, and G-Man their own unique voice, btw.

Back