Wii Shop Ending

Hi, it's me again!

So someone told me that a few days ago the ability to gain Wii Points has been disabled, as the Wii Shop will be ending. I didn't know this in advance, so I didn't have the chance to get myself some Wii Points in time, unfortunately.
This is why I don't like it when good games don't get a physical release. There are probably many Wii games that are unavailable, now! I fear this might happen to the Switch as well, while there are quite some games on there I'd want, that haven't got a physical release.
And another problem: this might happen to the Wii U as well, which means I won't be able to use Virtual Console anymore. On Wii U, Virtual Console is bad anyway, as far as I've seen, but at least I could buy a game on Virtual Console, and then emulate it on Wii, having paid for it.

It's cool that we've got these opportunities nowadays, but it makes me sad when games or services don't stay. d:(

Pretty happy I got super mario RPG and Secret of Mana before it ended didn't know it was this soon.

MotoHeroz, one of the best games I've ever played, now isn't legally available anymore, except by buying a Wii with it on it, I guess...

Yeah, I suppose I could download games illegally? But I don't really like that. I don't want to be able to get any games I want. Perhaps if I want to get a WiiWare game, I should look up how many points it cost and donate the amount to charity before downloading the game. d;)

I have got a Wii U also: so today I bought a digital download only game in its shop. d:) I got a discount too, as it's my birthday this month!
I'm intending to buy more, as I don't want another shop to close without me getting the games I'd like! d;)

I have got a Wii U also: so today I bought a digital download only game in its shop. d:) I got a discount too, as it's my birthday this month!
I'm intending to buy more, as I don't want another shop to close without me getting the games I'd like! d;)

Better be quick then, given how quickly Nintendo wants to kill off anything Wii U related.

• Useful
Reactions: 607
Really? :/
I haven't got a lot of money at the moment. d:p
Perhaps I should invite some family for my birthday, I might get some... d:rolleyes:

Well, keep in mind they already discontinued the console and killed Miiverse. And given the recent announcement that Miitomo was also being shut down, it seems Nintendo is a bit quicker to 'prune' underperforming services now.

Well, keep in mind they already discontinued the console and killed Miiverse. And given the recent announcement that Miitomo was also being shut down, it seems Nintendo is a bit quicker to 'prune' underperforming services now.
Haiko (Psaiko/356) thinks it'll stay online for a while, actually.

Back