Will we every see Virtual Boy Wario Land on the eshop?

Waluigi

Wahahaha!!!
So I came across this video of an emulated version of VB Wario Land:

And I just can't help but wonder why we haven't gotten this on the eshop. It's a polished, great looking game that's just sitting there in Nintendo's backlog, readily available to sell to us. I assume they paid a decent amount of money to make the damn thing in the first place, and I also assume its original release (much like everything related to the Virtual Boy, period) failed to recoup that cost. Now that they have the eshop, they have an easy way to make back some of that money just by putting it up as a digital release.

Do you think it'll ever happen? Or am I best off tracking down a Virtual Boy and an original copy of the game?

Edit: Ah crud, I made a mistake in the title and I can't edit it. Any mods wanna fix it for me? The word "every" should be "ever".

Considering Nintendo's catastrophic handling of the Virtual Console, I fully expect them to repeat the process of coding new emulators and rerelease Urban Champion for every hardware release until 2097.

They need to make this for 3ds! Really though, I would like to play it. Unfortunately I wouldn't be able anyway, because they stopped bringing out content for the wii shop.

It should be. "All hail the Virtual Boy!" from the Tomodatchi Life Nintendo Direct is a sign someone at Nintendo is willing to either be funny or they really want to see the games on the system put on more popular systems.

Back