"Will you one day stop playing video games ?"

nayrran

Legendary Thief
In the sense; " I'm too old for this", "I have no time for that", "I don't love it anymore", etc...

I know some of you are still young to think about it while some others are workers.
But will you stop playing video games?

As for me, it's true I have no time to play some games because I'm trying to find a job right now and it's difficult to find one on this hard times, but I'll not stop playing.

Because I've been mostly playing Mario games
since young and I didn't give a chance to play games from other systems (I.E Megadrive, Master System, etc...) , cause I know there's some precious jewels that I've missed and didn't had a chance to play them.

Well I'm lucky to have some time for myself at the moment. In the near future however I'm sure I'll be looking for a job of some sort.

If I do play games when I'm 30 or so I suppose I should have some standards for playing a game.
  • Determine if it's worth my time versus doing other day-to-day things.
  • Is there something you can learn a little bit from the game whether it's the design of the game or a plot.
  • If you're playing with family members and spending quality time with them.
  • If television is becoming too horrible for anyone to watch (morally, news is different)
  • If I am still living a productive life.
I can see it as a reasonable hobby so I guess I'll never know until things work out.

"I have no time for that", possibly. Especially with all the forums I'm on, gaming could get some lower priority when I get a job. But still, I could game on sunday, right? So there's a very low chance that I would really stop gaming. "I'm too old for this" and "I don't love it anymore"? Never, I'm positive ;)
I mean, the only reason my dad doesn't play that much games anymore is that on sunday he needs a rest and he does indeed not have much time. But I doubt he would ever say something like being too old or not loving it anymore.

20-30 yr olds are where I think the wave of gamers is coming in. Soon I expect gaming will become as mainstream as TV and Movies and the "you're too old" mentality will slowly go away.
But yeah I agree with 607, that's the only reason I'd stop if I get to that point.

Back