WL4: Finished High Quality Intro Song with all samples!

ShyGuyXXL

Shyster Guyster
Diamond City Insider
Coins
Coins
Btw, notice how I simulated WL4's "echoing" effect of the samples.
Not sure how the GBA does it, but I guess if you turn a sample into a midi instrument, it loops from a certain point, so for example the clip that goes "You wanna test it now?" repeats the "now" if you play it for longer than intended.

I tried to keep it as similar to the game's use as possible.

Just a Wario Fan

Guardian Genie of Diamond City
Coins
Coins
Fancy Lamp
Magic Lamp
User Name Style Change
Username Change
CD
Btw, notice how I simulated WL4's "echoing" effect of the samples.
Not sure how the GBA does it, but I guess if you turn a sample into a midi instrument, it loops from a certain point, so for example the clip that goes "You wanna test it now?" repeats the "now" if you play it for longer than intended.

I tried to keep it as similar to the game's use as possible.
Do you mean that the GBA simulates reverb by overlapping a sample with its own copy at a slight time offset?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Coins
Coins
User Name Style Change
Postbit Highlight (Pre-Defined)
Gold Necklace
Gold Earrings
User Title Style Change
Wow, this sounds great! Surprised we could find all the original samples, but the end result is amazing nonetheless!

ShyGuyXXL

Shyster Guyster
Diamond City Insider
Coins
Coins
Do you mean that the GBA simulates reverb by overlapping a sample with its own copy at a slight time offset?
It's more of an echo than reverb. In some cases it makes the sample sound longer than it is as well. So a "Yeah" turns into a "Yea-eah-eah~"
What makes it less obvious is that it usually fades out while repeating.
But yes, it just repeats the end of the clip. I think how much it repeats depends on the sample.

Shawnster#1

Can you have a rotten day if you have garlic?
Coins
Coins
I couldn't have done it without your help! :shokorashucks3:
Thanks to @Weario for the instrumental version I used!
Thanks to @PattehRose for finding the last missing samples!

AMAZING! The instrument I want the most is that classic "Deow" Bass, Im working on a games soundtrack rn and I would love nothing more than to put some HQ WL4 Instruments in there!

MarioSpore

Developer of Wario Land 4 2
Diamond City Insider
Coins
Coins
User Name Style Change
Profile Music
Here's the Wario Land 4 soundfont that I've modified with better instruments. Go nuts:

I've uploaded 2 versions. I forgot the differences between the two. Let me know if you find it so I can update the info file.
YES. Time to make the WL42 OST in HD. Also in the txt file, it does say that one file was replaced. Would you remember which one may have had it? Also as I am going through songs and I notice a song that doesn't sound familiar to me, I'll report it to you asap

MarioSpore

Developer of Wario Land 4 2
Diamond City Insider
Coins
Coins
User Name Style Change
Profile Music
Here's the Wario Land 4 soundfont that I've modified with better instruments. Go nuts:

I've uploaded 2 versions. I forgot the differences between the two. Let me know if you find it so I can update the info file.
The only real issue I have is direct sounds don't have necessary loops, like [20,2] and many others. As well as other sounds that have unnecessary looping, like the drum on C6 when you hold it for [128,2]. These both are applied for both soundfonts btw.

Also they aren't really properly named as @tahutoa 's soundfont is. You could really just copy the names from his and use those as the names perhaps

Last edited:

PattehRose

Peace and Unity
Coins
Coins
AMAZING! The instrument I want the most is that classic "Deow" Bass, Im working on a games soundtrack rn and I would love nothing more than to put some HQ WL4 Instruments in there!
The sample itself comes from where most of WL4's samples came from, being the Roland SOUND Canvas SC-8850, though you can also find the same sample in Omnisphere.