[Poll] Would anyone here be interested in a game design forum?

Would you be interested in a forum about game design?

• Yeah, sounds good

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Maybe, not sure at the moment

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No, not my thing to be honest

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Well, would they?

Because at the moment, I've been thinking about another small community to run alongside Wario Forums. Not a mainstream one or a fancy forum with a million features, just one about a niche that's a bit underserved at the moment.

And well, it seems game design as a topic isn't exactly... the most well served one online. It has a subreddit sure, and there are a few small sections on other sites, but no one's really opened a forum dedicated to it. So I was wondering...

Would anyone here be interested in a forum about that? It can either use XenForo or IPB (given Gaming Reinvented's previous forum files are being removed at the moment), and I can get someone to make a nice banner or something to go with it.

But I'm not sure who would join. So yeah, what do you think? Is this something you may be interested in?

depends on if it could get a critical mass of real professional game designers and like, not armchair millenials who think they're game design geniuses for having played the first stage of mega man x

depends on if it could get a critical mass of real professional game designers and like, not armchair millenials who think they're game design geniuses for having played the first stage of mega man x

Well, I know at least one real game designer. No idea if he'd be interested though:

(he used to work at Nintendo before going to Riot Games)

As for amateurs... well, there are some good analysts there. Mark Brown does a real good job with Boss Keys, and Daniel Johnson did a real good job with the Wario Land 4 book. Yeah, you also get people like egoraptor and a large portion of Reddit, but if I can attract at least a few professionals it could raise the quality of discourse on the subject significantly.

It's a good idea, I personally would love to learn more about game design. I just don't know if I'd join one now, however.
Dunno, honestly...

Back