Your favorite Microgame music themes?

tahutoa

Has "it." Fragile musician. Odd, means well.
I've covered a few of mine in FL before now-- they can be heard in Wario Pinball, Loot Scoot, Hasty Pastry, and Laser Vision.
However, I also love the themes heard in The Frog Flap, Noodle Cup, Maze Daze, and dig the themes for Catterwall and Wario Windsock
What are some of your favorites?
wario-windsock-thumbs-up_GIF-by-tahutoa.gif

Attachments

• WAAptop.mp3
    231.1 KB · Views: 420
Oh frick yes. There are too many to list para mí. At school I'm always humming them as well, y entonces people ask me what the heck I'm singing and it's all like... eh. I love
Parking Lot Problems, Electric Groove Fish, Eating Out, Picky Eater, Flip Out!, Heavy Lifting, Road Work, Thar He Blows, Monster Chase, Extreme Patty Cake, Off the Wall, Cutting It Close, Instant Replay, Finger Flex, Eject Reject, The Proud, the Fuse, Take a Stab At It, Up for Grabs, Universal Marionette, Roll Model, A-maze-ing, Get to the Point, Gear Head Fred, Find My Behind, Mug Shot, City Surfer, Ride the Wave, Balancing Act, Round It Out, Mole, Transform!, Going Up, Air Supplies, Sloppy Salon, Parking Prowess, Odd Man Out, Getcha Groove On, Fruit Fans, Head Count, Tooth Haste, Accountant Assault, Tooth Trouble, Cavity Calamity, No Love for You, Erosion, Hookin' Up, The Outcast, Sweeps Week, Bedside Manners, Separation Anxiety, Straight to Video, Crowd Control, In Your Face, Wiggle Room, Iron Stomach, Dead Simon Says, Big Drip, Local News, Joker Face, Bug Hunt, Snack Sucker, Salad Daze, Harvest Time, True Skewer, Dance Dudes, Bite Marks, Flag Waver, Gun Vs Ninja, Stripy Sea, On Course, Animal Xing, the list goes on.

Oh frick yes. There are too many to list para mí. At school I'm always humming them as well, y entonces people ask me what the heck I'm singing and it's all like... eh. I love
Parking Lot Problems, Electric Groove Fish, Eating Out, Picky Eater, Flip Out!, Heavy Lifting, Road Work, Thar He Blows, Monster Chase, Extreme Patty Cake, Off the Wall, Cutting It Close, Instant Replay, Finger Flex, Eject Reject, The Proud, the Fuse, Take a Stab At It, Up for Grabs, Universal Marionette, Roll Model, A-maze-ing, Get to the Point, Gear Head Fred, Find My Behind, Mug Shot, City Surfer, Ride the Wave, Balancing Act, Round It Out, Mole, Transform!, Going Up, Air Supplies, Sloppy Salon, Parking Prowess, Odd Man Out, Getcha Groove On, Fruit Fans, Head Count, Tooth Haste, Accountant Assault, Tooth Trouble, Cavity Calamity, No Love for You, Erosion, Hookin' Up, The Outcast, Sweeps Week, Bedside Manners, Separation Anxiety, Straight to Video, Crowd Control, In Your Face, Wiggle Room, Iron Stomach, Dead Simon Says, Big Drip, Local News, Joker Face, Bug Hunt, Snack Sucker, Salad Daze, Harvest Time, True Skewer, Dance Dudes, Bite Marks, Flag Waver, Gun Vs Ninja, Stripy Sea, On Course, Animal Xing, the list goes on.
Could you divide these up into sections? I'm not anywhere near as familiar with the actual names of the themes as I am the microgames they play for. Speaking of which, that reminds me, IQ Games's "Identity Crisis" has another of my favorite themes

Pretty much any of the themes from here

The one you hear in this microgame:
WWIMM_WarioWhirled.png

In Mega Microgame$, it has an upbeat trumpet theme, while in Gold, the trumpet is replaced with a distorted and out of tune electric guitar sound.
I like both.

The one you hear in this microgame:
WWIMM_WarioWhirled.png

In Mega Microgame$, it has an upbeat trumpet theme, while in Gold, the trumpet is replaced with a distorted and out of tune electric guitar sound.
I like both.
ohh, you mean... a'THEEEEE-ISS?!?
an upbeat trumpet theme
this is the phrase that helped me remember which theme this microgame had, actually. it's the reason i recreated it, too. that shit is fly as hell. pain in the ass getting the pitch bend of the trumpet just right, but it was worth it.
fun fact about the echo delay on the trumpet: i manipulated the mix percentage of the effect using automation to simulate how the trumpet's echo cuts out instead of lasting as long as the original's notes. This way, I was able to keep the effect without having to create an extra sound channel.

Attachments

• Stop Me!.mp3
    74.1 KB · Views: 407
Back