Your first Wario Game?

warelander

Some random guy online
Surprisingly we haven't actually had this type of thread yet, so yeah, what was the first Wario game you ever played?

In my case it was Wario's Woods on SNES, most of the games I played when I was really yoUng were actually owned by my older sister (until she stopped playing, so now they are mine) and this was just one I randomly picked, it did get me interested in Wario the character, so my sister showed me the first three Land games and Mario Kart 64 and the rest is history.

Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
I played SML2 after having played the first one, naturally i got the 3rd and was hooked ever since. I say i got it but it was more like begging my parents because i was so young, Also they where my brother's.

As a kid I just liked to go to used game shops they always had the best deals at least to me. Aside from that is where I found WL2, WL3, and SML2. At which point I started the series with Wario Land 3 which was mind boggling as a kid due to how many exits and entrances each level had very similar to these so called Metroidvania's.

Wario Land: Shake It actually, around the time it came out too. At the time I hadn't yet really dived into Wario yet but Metal got me interested in it so I sort of got it on a whim. I don't think I initially got through it very far. I liked but it seemed kind of bland to me to be honest and later getting through Wario Land more earnestly the weaknesses stood out to me more.

Wario Land 3, I borrowed it from Haiko. d:)
And at some point I had had it for so long that he said I could keep it. d:p
Which he apparently forgot as I saw him post he had 'lost' his copy of Wario Land 3 on these forums. d:rolleyes:

My first Game Boy game was Super Mario Land, which came as a pack-in. I remember really wanting to play Super Mario Land 2, especially after seeing its awesome box art in catalogues. Unfortunately, I had a hard time finding SML2 in my area. Eventually I picked up Wario Land and loved it. I think I played through the game several times as a kid.

My first Game Boy game was Super Mario Land, which came as a pack-in. I remember really wanting to play Super Mario Land 2, especially after seeing its awesome box art in catalogues. Unfortunately, I had a hard time finding SML2 in my area. Eventually I picked up Wario Land and loved it. I think I played through the game several times as a kid.

What part of Australia were you in, Daniel? (If you don't mind me asking) I'm in Victoria, and I remember Mario Land 2 was still widely accessible in 1997.

By the way, have you got any more books/guides in the works?

What part of Australia were you in, Daniel? (If you don't mind me asking) I'm in Victoria, and I remember Mario Land 2 was still widely accessible in 1997.

By the way, have you got any more books/guides in the works?

I'm from Adelaide. For some reason I just couldn't find SML2, or when I did it was out of my price range.

I'm working on Adventures in Games Analysis, a compilation of game design essays. It's been kicking around for a while, but I'm finally getting near the end. Should hopefully be out this year. I also wrote a chapter called ‘Cracking the Resident Evil Puzzle Box' for a book called Level Design Processes and Experiences. It was published a few months ago. I talk a bit about it here. Thanks for asking. :)

Back