Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I hate her

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Couldn't care either way

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

warelander

Some random guy online
During the past few days this character has become quite the topic on this forum and let's not beat around the bush no matter where you look it's becoming pretty blatant that while she does have a fanbase, a lot of people have started to become rather annoyed and tired of her, which makes me wonder what this forums' opinion on her is.
Now before we get started I want to establish two rules first:

1.No bashing
This is not meant to be a bash thread if you hate/dislike the character than give an explaination as to why you feel this way and don't mock or attack someone for having a different reason or opinion, which leaves me to the second rule:

2.Respect every opinion, even if it differs from your own
I have trust in every single one here, to be reasonable but given that a lot of us here are also likely Mario fans means that this might be a passionate subject for some and it's easy to get carried away sometimen when that's the case, believe me I know how that very well myself.

Well I might as well start, so yeah Rosalina....I hate her, I haven't made a secret about it in the past and I sure aint' going to do it now.
My first exposure to the character was in Super Mario Galaxy, her debut and back then I actually thought that she was a pretty refreshing addition to the cast with her backstorey and how she actually showed more care for the Lumas in one game then Peach did for her subjects during her entire career, there was also her appearence in Mario Kart Wii and I did like the little touch with her having that one Luma around her all of the time.
There was also Galaxy 2, where she really only had an extended cameo, nothing offensive there.
Mario Kart 7 was when I first grew a little irritaded with her, her new voice was rather annoying to me.
Removing the Luma didn't exactly help either, without him the similaritys between her Peach and Daisy just became a whole lot more visible, it doesn't help that Rosalina on her own without any of the things that defined her in the Galaxy days is just completely uninteresting to me.
Then 3D World came along and Rosalina was comfirmed to be an unlockable character, shortly after that we got Rosalina in not only Mario Kart 8, but also in friggin' Smash Bros, oh but it doesn't stop there, here take Baby Rosalina in Mario Kart 8 who while not effectivly retconed, at the very least tarnished the one aspect of this character that I still enjoyed her backstory, it's impossible for me now to look at the storybook now, without beeing remindet of her bobble headed Baby version driving in a go-kart shaped like a mercedes benz, on a track completely made out if candy, it kinda ruins the moment ya know?
What bothers me the most thougth is how Nintendo is so persistent on treating her like a main character even thougth there are a ton of characters that have been neclected for a while and have been around for far longer (E.Gadd,King K Rool,any Rpg character,any Wario character) who are perfectly well liked and could use more to do, yet there they are, left to rot while Rosalina get's everything and more...
It's really sad how Nintendo turned this once actually likable character who felt humble in not taking up much screentime and only enjoying a few scenes where she got to tell us more about her genuenly tragic life and what kind of person she really is, while also getting a playable role every now and then (pre Smash and Baby Rosalina anyway, 3D World wasn't that bad) in to a one-(Wo)man spotlight stealing squad that can't take the hint to just go away every once in a while(my opinion, not a fact)...

Wholeheartedly agreed. You've said everything I was gonna say. :p I never thought a likable and interesting character could grow into such a horrible tragedy. She's the symbol of everything that's wrong with the Mario series now. :/

Rosalina is Nintendo's Cash Cow. The boys and the girls love her, with the stupid "She's so sexy" thing.

She is an unoriginal character.

And if they don't want to use her, they can always make a simple Wario Ware game that will get poor reviews and won't sell well.

Last edited:
A creator's pet/Mary Sue for the Mario series.

She's only as commonly seen because some dev at Nintendo or three is basically in love with her and uses her to the exclusion of much better characters like Wario.

No idea why she's in Smash but they made her absurdly good in the game (Luma does most of the work but since Luma would receive more liking than Rosalina and Luma can't fight in Smash alone I guess they had to pair up). Luma was also a co op assistant in Galaxy 2 so they way Luma is represented in Smash is very much the same. I think the Luma was the more noticeable thing players would think to be "cute" and Kirbylike so maybe that can explain a little why they are in Smash.

My thoughts a little bit. V

At least she's a developed character. You could care less about E. Gadd (just kidding he's cool), he's only been in 4.5 games (.5 is Sunshine). This could be all advertising for future Galaxy/Sunshine/Luigi's Mansion Fusion (theory V) I don't think it was bad to put Rosalina in at all with every 3D Mario series game connected to Rosalina.

The only problem is there is no attention paid to things like Wario and he could very well be in an idea like Luigi's Mansion was. However is that the best way to market a game? Could be, (specifically for Wario Handheld fans). *shrugs*

I've seen this "news story" before, it really sounds like an ass-pull and an attempt from the site "Nintendo Nuggets" to get more views. I can't believe someone so stupid exists, I really hope this is just a common scalper and the site made everything else up for attention.

Mariotehplumber is totally real. A modern luminary comparably only to the like of Chris Bores and Game Dude.

Isn't there someone on DK Vine who hates the hell out of Rosalina?

On another note, I remember seeing an Encyclopedia Dramatica page about someone at the other extreme; who adored Rosalina more than was probably healthy.

I used to like her in Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 for being a character who is "appear only in this serie" (If you know what I mean.)
Nowadays, she became more and more a current character in spin-offs (Kart, Golf, Super Smash Bros., etc...) and it's very frustating to see her instead of underated characters who needs more love.

In Super Mario 3D World, I was kind of shocked that she is a playable character instead of Daisy. (<-- To responde it, another reason of Miyamoto to not ''touch'' the characters of others developers for being another universe or not familiar to them, yadda yadda....)

I don't hate the character, but as I look at the arguments, I can understand why one would. It'd be nice if they could at least give someone else a spotlight, if not the spotlight.

Besides, I think she had her time in the limelight, at least for now. Give someone else a chance.

But again, I don't hate her, and I find her likeable at her best and tolerable at her worst. Time will tell if this sticks, though.

Mariotehplumber is totally real. A modern luminary comparably only to the like of Chris Bores and Game Dude.

Wow, he really is, I didn't know he had a channel filled with so much failure. Grrr: I don't really pay attention to the bad YT LPers/reviewers, since there are just too many.

I wonder if someone has seen posts by the extreme Rosalina lover? I'm not sure it's safe for my health but I'm curious. zipit:

This is more funny than anger-inducing, actually. ^_^ Still, his rudeness to the kind artist who drew such good pictures of him and Peach/Rosalina was pretty sad. =/

I think Rosalina & Luma took the same gimmick that Ashley & Red could've used in Smash. Besides just a shield, Ashley could've used Red like a Pikmin-style projectile weapon too. Most of her attacks could revolve around abusing Red.

I like Rosalina. She's the only Mario character to have any sort of backstory and she looks kind of cool. And the Luma gimmick thing she has is sort of neat.

I do hate what Nintendo is doing to her recently, though. Seriously, she doens't need to appear in every game now. But I blame Nintendo for that, not Rosalina.

Also, that guy who bough a bunch of Rosalina amiibos so her fans can't have then was hilarious. And sad.

Back