1 Year Reflection or TL;DR

The last person I befriended was a very good Smash player, we could talk to each other very openly about Smash! we had something to talk about that we both liked!

The last real person I could talk to here was Magical Ashley, but it was simply because we had something in common, and as far as I can tell, everyone else here doesn't like Ashley very much and wouldn't care to talk about her. So chances of making real friends here are little to none Q_Q

...unless somebody around here like's Body swaps, but I doubt that, lol.

The last person I befriended was a very good Smash player, we could talk to each other very openly about Smash! we had something to talk about that we both liked!

The last real person I could talk to here was Magical Ashley, but it was simply because we had something in common, and as far as I can tell, everyone else here doesn't like Ashley very much and wouldn't care to talk about her. So chances of making real friends here are little to none Q_Q

...unless somebody around here like's Body swaps, but I doubt that, lol.

Well, I do like Ashley, not obsessively, but I could talk about her! And I have to say I find body swap to be really funny!
So maybe that must be the problem, Kyon. Are those topics the only interests you have? There's a lot to talk about on them, sure, but they run out quickly, imo.
Don't get me wrong, I'm cool with that.

I don't really talk about Ashley often outside this forum, so yeah, that's cool. As for body swaps, those are my favorite types of stories, it could be funny seeing one person live another person's life. Mostly between a guy and girl.

I think I'm getting off topic here, lol. Uhhh, let me think....*pop* nothing.

(I also dig role playing :3)

I guess it's hard to maintain people's interests considering there's so much of Wario that has already been discussed. The general threads are a nice way to get people wanting to post again but it really depends on how they feel about whatever topic. The biggest thing a small forum has is not having a lot of drama, though the stagnant ways of posts can seem barren at times. We've been having some new faces lately it's a positive. Biggest thing would be not to look at this as trying to make friend indefinitely but just get some talk about a game or subject or anything out there for a bit. Love the topic on music on here and even on the wrestling thread we still get people replying.

Magma made me think about my early comments on this forum. When I look back at them now they do seem overly nice and polite. Some of them even make me cringe.

In my life experience, being "too nice" changes depending on where you live or grew up. In certain cities being overly nice to strangers (or just in general) comes across as sickly sweet or unnatural. Some find it untrustworthy, like a con artist or crawler with ulterior motifs. If you're from the countryside like me, it just makes you seem like a friendly sucker from the sticks who can be taken advantage of. Some people's hearts are just more jaded and hardened due to life circumstances.

I'm not saying you're one way or the other, Magma. To be frank, I really admire your composure and level-headedness. I tend to waffle on and float away with the clouds.

Magma made me think about my early comments on this forum. When I look back at them now they do seem overly nice and polite. Some of them even make me cringe.

In my life experience, being "too nice" changes depending on where you live or grew up. In certain cities being overly nice to strangers (or just in general) comes across as sickly sweet or unnatural. Some find it untrustworthy, like a con artist or crawler with ulterior motifs. If you're from the countryside like me, it just makes you seem like a friendly sucker from the sticks who can be taken advantage of. Some people's hearts are just more jaded and hardened due to life circumstances.

I'm not saying you're one way or the other, Magma. To be frank, I really admire your composure and level-headedness. I tend to waffle on and float away with the clouds.

Interesting, I never EVER heard that being "too nice" was a "not so good" (not to say bad) thing. Heck, I never even thought you could actually be "too nice". Guess I'm too naive about that too... Never seen anything wrong in bringing the best of you to people...

To be fair, there were a few times before when I wanted to rate a post as 'dumb', but didn't just for the sake of being nice.

I only rated one post a being dumb, I'm not afraid to do so, I just never thought any post was dumb, old, or had bad spelling. (Except for that one, which I think was from WarioMan)...

I definitely try my hardest to be as nice to others as possible. I've pretty much never gave a negative rating to anyone for anything. On here or Gaming Reinvented. I very rarely downvote anything on Hacker News/Ycombinator, Reddit or Voat either.

Is that being too nice? No, I don't think so. Never really felt it was right to call someone an idiot or what not, and I don't care if something is old or has bad spelling. I can't bring myself to make any personal attacks or ad hominen arguments against anyone. Even the most evil person on the planet is someone I wouldn't feel comfortable criticising on a personal level. I've been negative about a lot of things, but it's almost always been in relation to a work of fiction, a piece of art or some other object or service, not a person or group.

And if you're wondering why no one knows me... that's because I see my personal information and identity as irrelevant. As I once read on Sean Malstrom's blog, I prefer people to discuss my ideas and writings, not me as a person. I find it difficult to identify with or be friends with people, because my actual personality is mostly a non entity.

I definitely try my hardest to be as nice to others as possible. I've pretty much never gave a negative rating to anyone for anything. On here or Gaming Reinvented. I very rarely downvote anything on Hacker News/Ycombinator, Reddit or Voat either.

Is that being too nice? No, I don't think so. Never really felt it was right to call someone an idiot or what not, and I don't care if something is old or has bad spelling. I can't bring myself to make any personal attacks or ad hominen arguments against anyone. Even the most evil person on the planet is someone I wouldn't feel comfortable criticising on a personal level. I've been negative about a lot of things, but it's almost always been in relation to a work of fiction, a piece of art or some other object or service, not a person or group.

And if you're wondering why no one knows me... that's because I see my personal information and identity as irrelevant. As I once read on Sean Malstrom's blog, I prefer people to discuss my ideas and writings, not me as a person. I find it difficult to identify with or be friends with people, because my actual personality is mostly a non entity.

Well, I think you say it all there. I can't agree more.

You guys blew up my point about "over niceness" too much lol. Though just to say a bit from my point of view I just equate being too nice with submissiveness. I don't mean being too nice as being polite or being easygoing. I view those as different.

You guys blew up my point about "over niceness" too much lol. Though just to say a bit from my point of view I just equate being too nice with submissiveness. I don't mean being too nice as being polite or being easygoing. I view those as different.

I get'cha, Magma. In person I fall into the easygoing category.
Online I write very politely because Internet toxicity goes against everything my parents and grandparents taught me growing up. I refuse to adapt or lower my standards.

Well, now that wasn't really about what you said, about "over niceness", it kinda took off from the conversation. I personally understand your point, and I think CM30 too.

Again excuse me for sounding so negative I just got a bit emotional since I am passionate about the forums and its outlook has been frustrating.

Homer-Simpson-Yells-At-a-Nerdy-Student-As-Marge-Parks-The-Car.gif

personally, things were great when i first started actively using the forums. it gets a little annoying how it goes from 0 to 60 sporadically, but its fun to listen in on conversations. the best thing is the fact that people are mostly nice and it isnt hard to join in on a discussion.

if you were looking for a however, too bad >: D
but really, i think people see this as a strictly wario chat or are deterred by the lack of talking, which is frankly a little counterintuitive since for the most part you can talk about anything.

also, i dont think anyone is afraid of being offensive or is acting submissive (unless im misspoken) for the most part. in fact, some people, to my knowledge, have had to be tough on each other to sort things out properly. but the point is, i think the people here can be both friendly and firm minded.

Back