An 'interesting' Dorkly comic showing Mario and Wario attending a party

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
http://www.dorkly.com/post/79143/going-to-a-party-mario-vs-wario

Unfortunately, they seem to demonise poor Wario and insult his party sense. I mean, look at these 'points':

Wario doesn't ask if he can bring his +1, a heavily used Princess Peach body pillow

Come on, he'd bring one of Captain Syrup you unimaginative morons.

Wario takes his "party underwear" out of storage

I'll have you know the guy has a great sense of hygiene. Ignore the Sakurai propoganda!

Wario brought some wine for the host... that's in his bloodstream.

In other words, he's the life of the party.

Wario shows the other guests how much pus his boils can hold.

More Sakurai propoganda lies.

Wario attempts to do body shots of his own backside.

In other words, he tries to be interesting unlike Mario.

Wario is sure your cat will like his apartment better.

Well, given he lives in a castle or an opulent house in the middle of town, he's right. Besides, that cat wants Wario to go and defeat the Golden Diva about now, so shut up.

Really though, the Wario fans here would probably rather party with a cool dude like Wario than a boring old fart like Mario and co. At least he has a personality...

Dorkly seem to have something against Wario... While sucking Mario's D*ck...
They keep picture him as a extreme gross Idiot. Sure Wario is a little bit gross (Nose picking, Farting etc.) but they go way over the top.

Like TourTour said: The Indie Game Developer Comic was nonsensical and just bad.
Similar to the Party Comic, Dorkly pictures him as an Idiot who could never develop a Game DESPITE HIM BEING A SUCCESSFUL GAME DEVELOPER IN CANON!
The roles should have been reversed with Mario being the one who constantly makes mistakes since he has no experience at all.

But Dorkly (and many others) always portrait Mario as a perfect being who is always right and popular with everyone. A total Mary Sue (or Mario Sue?).

I sincerely apologize for the harsh words but it had to be said.
Your Count.

I honestly imagine Wario's parties would be more like this... And they'd be freakin' hits because they are so batshit insane. :V

Part of me is doubting Dorkly heard of Wario's subseries of games known as "Land" and "Ware".

*Sees the one about squashing Ashley with a ten ton weight*

Well, some members here would be hitting the dislike button. And a few others would be rating it 'winner'!

But yeah, I suspect Dorkly doesn't know anywhere near as much about games as they think they do.

I took a look at the Wario tag and saw that they also made these comics with Tinder, Movies and Conventions as theme.
Of course they portrait Mario as a Saint and Wario as a complete Jackass.

The funny thing tho: If i had to choose between these two as they are pictured in the comics, i would still prefer to hang out with Wario rather than Mario.

Mario is just a Mary Sue. Who wants to constantly be around a "perfect" Being?
Wario the other way still sounds to be entertaining in some degree. (I found it funny how he shouted the Spoilers on his Motorcycle or how he blackmailed the guard.)

And let's be honest: A good Character NEEDS flaws. They help keeping the viewer invested. They make up a big part of the Character. A Character without them just seems boring, predictable and flat.

Anyway: Dorkly REALLY seem to like Mario... but Wario rules!:cool:

Mario has flaws. All the Mario characters have flaws maybe except Rosalina who could probably be called a Mary Sue if you wanted to.

Does anyone else believe the "Mario is mental" theory?

if they made a Mario vs Luigi comic Luigi will outdo anything Mario does, despite how perfect he is, Luigi would be --- more perfect. As a person who didn't grow up with Wario, I saw him as the gross guy nobody in the Mushroom kingdom really likes, it doesn't help the only Wario game I played was Wario world, not to mention I got stuck on the ice world.

What makes me think Wario is a gross smelly guy was due to Smash bros, because he farts for an attack, not many characters do that (that I know of) and also the internet portrayed Wario as a man with little to no hygiene, farting 24/7 and eats gross food. I also thought Wario as real ugly, so being gross fitted him for the most part. Today though I see him as just some buff guy that's greedy and wants money, though a little gross.

Like people said earlier they don't know as much as they think they do. They don't need to because alot of people are like that, they go with the popular opinion which is what makes them popular therefore more money, even if they do know stuff they won't tell the truth and they don't care, people hate descending opinions and people who don't know wario think he is a horrible gross person, and that's only half true.

Back