Any actually decent Wario themed cosplays?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
I've seen a few topics here about them, but from seeing the pictures and attempts, it seems we haven't really had many good ones (and with that infamous Kat one, we've had at least one really godawful one instead).

So, are there any decent attempts out of there of cosplays for Wario characters? Like there are for say, Zelda or what not?

I HAVE TRIED TO SHARE THE WORD OF WAH AROUND THE WORLD

mariooos.jpg

groudoon.jpg

spyrooo.jpg

sandwiiich.jpg

This was a month ago at a local con and as you can see I had a lot of fun god damn it <3

And THEESE are of Chile's Comic Con yesterday in which I was hella disappointed that only 3 people in a sea of like thousands knew who the fuck Captain Syrup was and none of em looked like they were in the mood for silly pictures :c BUT STILL I TOOK SOME

marioo.jpg

wariooo.jpg

bayooo.jpg

its messy as fuck cuz I improvised half of the costume the day before but SOMEONE HAD TO SYRUP </3

Jimmy T? Okay, that's pretty cool. Did NOT expect anyone to try and cosplay as him. Looks good too.

That's not sexist, that's a simple fact. Wario is about as manly in his design as you can possibly get, and while a female fan could theoretically cosplay as him, it certainly wouldn't look good.

That's nothing against female cosplayers or anything related. You could cosplay someone like Link or Cloud pretty well as either gender. But some characters just look ridiculous if someone of the opposite gender is playing them, at least without magic or extreme gene modifying.

P.S. Not every mention of a woman or man not being able to do something is sexism. Especially when it's not a rule so much as a comment that it would look ridiculous.

That's not sexist, that's a simple fact. Wario is about as manly in his design as you can possibly get, and while a female fan could theoretically cosplay as him, it certainly wouldn't look good.

That's nothing against female cosplayers or anything related. You could cosplay someone like Link or Cloud pretty well as either gender. But some characters just look ridiculous if someone of the opposite gender is playing them, at least without magic or extreme gene modifying.

P.S. Not every mention of a woman or man not being able to do something is sexism. Especially when it's not a rule so much as a comment that it would look ridiculous.
You do realize that it is your opinion, don't you? And a myopic one at that. That does not make it a fact; it is utterly subjective.

I don't think there's no denying that Wario is in part a caricature of traditional masculinity. That being said, that does not disqualify the possibility of a woman pulling it off -- especially considering the fact that there are some women who have traits/features that may be considered traditionally masculine. Additionally, cosmetics could easily play a role.

You do realize that it is your opinion, don't you? And a myopic one at that. That does not make it a fact; it is utterly subjective.

I don't think there's no denying that Wario is in part a caricature of traditional masculinity. That being said, that does not disqualify the possibility of a woman pulling it off -- especially considering the fact that there are some women who have traits/features that may be considered traditionally masculine. Additionally, cosmetics could easily play a role.

Okay, find at least one or two good examples.

The fun thing is that, with how talented some of the cosplayers are today, I imagine there are definitely some women who could pull it off perfectly. The issue isn't that they "can't do it," It's that "talented female cosplayers don't do it." Also "Manly" in this case is easy to replicate, when the character in question is a fat cartoonish italian man. It's not beyond the realm of reason, is what I think the point is. Good make up would do wonders especially.

Back