Are warioware games too short?

Amiibro

Ph.D Gamer
I know warioware games are short simple microgames that become harder and harder within a charaters set but I feel they are too short , what about you?

The thing about Wario Ware is that the games are mainly high score based, so your total amount of playtime solely depends on how much you care about beating your own high scores.
I also feel that the games give you enough microgame sets to keep you ocupied for a while, asuming you like that sort of game to begin with.

The thing about Wario Ware is that the games are mainly high score based, so your total amount of playtime solely depends on how much you care about beating your own high scores.
I also feel that the games give you enough microgame sets to keep you ocupied for a while, asuming you like that sort of game to begin with.
Yeah that seems legit I just gets feeling a tiny dull after a while

They do sometimes feel like they're a bit short, but that seems to be an issue with Wario games in general. Has there ever been a long Wario game? The Wario Land games are often beatable in about 10 hours or so, and World is shorter still...

Dependes it could be amazing or the oppisite i wouldent want to play a 10+ hour game if it wasent very good, but pretty much all wariowares are steller so probably amazing

I mean, how do you suggest to make the games longer? Multiply the numbers of microgame sets? Quadulpre the number of micros in each aswell as the completion requirement? Add stuff that's not playing microgames?

Warioware's a score-attack action game and it has the structure to match. I have no idea how it could be made to fit the AAA fratcore's crowd expectation of "length" and "value" without fundamentally altering what it is (that or have every game from now on use DIY's editor).

They do sometimes feel like they're a bit short, but that seems to be an issue with Wario games in general. Has there ever been a long Wario game? The Wario Land games are often beatable in about 10 hours or so, and World is shorter still...

Well to be fair getting everything in Wario Land 2 & 3, does take a fairly long time for 2D platformer standards and trying to 100% Shake It is a pretty massive time sink.

I mean, how do you suggest to make the games longer? Multiply the numbers of microgame sets? Quadulpre the number of micros in each aswell as the completion requirement? Add stuff that's not playing microgames?

Warioware's a score-attack action game and it has the structure to match. I have no idea how it could be made to fit the AAA fratcore's crowd expectation of "length" and "value" without fundamentally altering what it is (that or have every game from now on use DIY's editor).
I ment adding a few more things to fiddle with toys more minigames you name it I dont want them to make micro games longer it makes it a very fun challenge, short microgames i think that ww may have gotten a bad rep for being short as many critics say the game is to short. Thats all i ment

Add stuff that's not playing microgames?

This is the key. In addition to more toys/editors, there should be some sort of mode involving going around Diamond City and talking to everyone, reading signs, or possibly doing more activities. Like, with the "player character" you name yourself as, which could be more customizable.

With that said, I still get a lot of repeated fun from beating high scores, or multiplayer in the ones where it's available.

I'd prefer a story mode in the games, more than just an opening and ending cutscene. I'm not sure how to explain it, something like the character you're choosing has to take a certain route through Diamond City to accomplish something, and microgames are just obstacles along the way. I'd love some more voice acting as well. I know Nintendo having "silent" characters is a thing, but it's not like WarioWare characters don't talk.

I've stressed it countless times on here, but a sandbox game involving Diamond City would be ideal for the kind of game that would take these characters more seriously. Let all of them be playable (switchable at certain points) and go on random missions (from helping out people to taking out enemies).

It would be cool to see the cast of warioware go through different game genres. All these ideas are all g but would you like warioware to take a different path?

Back