Ask Wario Interview From Japanese Website!

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Coins
User Name Style Change
Postbit Highlight (Pre-Defined)
Gold Necklace
Gold Earrings
User Title Style Change
Well, isn't this interesting? Apparently the Japanese site for Wario Land 4 had a jokey 'interview' with Wario being asked questions by various fictional people. And as per is the norm, @PushDustIn and the guys at Source Gaming translated it! Here's the translation:

http://sourcegaming.info/2016/09/27/ask-wario-from-wario-land-4s-japanese-website-part-1/

So what can we tell?

Well, there's the usual toilet humour, but that's not really interesting here.

Nintendo basically confirmed the 'Mario and Wario were childhood friends' thing from the comics and manuals, which is quite cool. And that Garlic really does give Wario his powers in these games, if you hadn't figured out the obvious yet.

But my 'favourite' would probably be this:

Do you have plans to get married someday?

I have about 1 million female fans across the world!

If I get married, they’ll all cry!

So that’s why I’m not married! You got that?!

It’s not that I can’t! It’s that I won’t!!!!

In other words, the female users at Wario Forums are the reason Wario says he won't get married! He says you'd cry if he ever got married!

So yeah, thoughts on the interview?

On another note... Does PushDustIn know that Wario Land 4 had different ending songs based on the region?

English:

Japanese:

Both are in the game ROM for all regions though, so it's anyone's guess what he's referring too.

Wow, I'm so happy to see a translation! Years ago now, I was feeding parts of the Wario interview in Google translate, and getting all sorts of wacky and uncomprehensible results. I remember that there was one that seemed like Dr. Arewo Stein (the scientist seen throughout Puzzle Rooms and the opening newpaper) was answering a question instead of Wario. But I think that was on the second or third page of the official website, as I don't see it on the "part 1" translation.

Hopefully we see the other parts sometime soon!

I'll cry if Wario gets married!
tumblr_nihofzeFGK1tmu7mbo2_500.gif

On another note... Does PushDustIn know that Wario Land 4 had different ending songs based on the region?

English:

Japanese:

Both are in the game ROM for all regions though, so it's anyone's guess what he's referring too.

Yes I know! I used the English version as I was trying to provide a "Western" version of the page. The lyrics that were posted here on the Wario Forums match up with the Japanese meaning too. So it was just translated into English during development.

You know, come to think of it. Is there any other female regular on the Warioforums? I thought @MonaWare was a woman a whole time until I checked his profile. :Sheadsmack:

You know, come to think of it. Is there any other female regular on the Warioforums? I thought @MonaWare was a woman a whole time until I checked his profile. :Sheadsmack:

MonaWare claimed to be female when he registered, but changed it a few months ago. That's probably why it's confusing.

But yeah, there are some other female regulars here. Like @ckd.

Crepes was mentioned yet again as a food Wario likes.

I also feel like the parts where Wario says "Do you understand!?" would be more appropriately translated as "Got it!?"

When someone in English demand that you understand them they usually say "Got it!?" You know like: "You better do what I say! Got it!?"

Or if your an Italian mobster you say "Capiche!?"

Last edited:
¨I have about one million female fans around the world¨
Well, this could actually be true, and there are almost certainly many more.

¨ It was so big that it almost reached the rim of the toilet¨WATthehell:
Pukes: Japanese Wario is too much detail for me.

And some more stuff:

http://sourcegaming.info/2016/09/28/ask-wario-from-wario-land-4s-japanese-website-part-2/

Apparently, he gets fat after eating apples because he's not actually eating one apple... he's eating 20. Or some weird trick of the camera.

Well, that's what he says anyway. And I'll honestly give him the benefit of the doubt here, given how little sense it makes otherwise.

He's also got a bee allergy (hence Puffy Wario), can 'easily bench press 200kg' (which isn't great, given the world record is apparently now about 480kg) and is invincible because 'he doesn't want to die'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progression_of_the_bench_press_world_record

Oh Wario.... his bee allergy must be so bad, his face instantly swells up and even floats in the air. He better make sure there's always a ceiling when bees are around or he'll be floating into space.

Part 3:

http://sourcegaming.info/2016/10/01/ask-wario-from-wario-land-4s-japanese-website-part-3/

This is interesting:

How I use the treasure I collect is none of your concern! It’s none of your business! …that’s what I was about to say, but I’ll let you in a little secret. I use quite a bit! Most of it goes towards food! My Engel coefficient is pretty high.* hmm? Was that a bit too high level for you?!

In other words, if he has less treasure in a new game, it's because he cashed it in and spent the money on stuff like food.

Maybe that's why he's not appearing in a castle any more. Or on that fancy mansion built on a cliff in the middle of Diamond City. He... kind of went broke or something.

This also amused me. It's about what the Professor was doing in Wario Land 4...

From Nintendo: After Wario said, “Dunno” we decided to ask Professor Shitain himself.

Oh! My name is Professor Shitain! I also appeared in Wario Land 3! So of course you know me well! What? You never heard of me? Well, listen carefully.

I came to this pyramid because I’m an archaeologist.

As you pointed out, I do show up in Wario Land 4 to play games from time to time. Sometimes, I need to take a break from my research. Forgive me. Actually, I do some other things during my breaks, but it’s not appropriate for young boys…so have your mother explain to you someday!

It’s not easy to say out loud…I looked at something for adults. Even though I looked behind me to make sure no one was looking, it seems someone found out. I guess I’m a man after all!

Oh you dirty... Guess he was... reading an adult magazine while waiting in those bonus rooms. Or worse.

On another note, they refer to Wario Land 3 here as well. But I'm pretty sure that's a different scientist. I mean, there's a difference between this guy:

http://www.mariowiki.com/Mad_Scienstein

Aka Mad Scienstein/Mad Stein

and

http://www.mariowiki.com/Arewo_Shitain-hakase

Aka Dr. Arewo Shitain

Plothole? Mistake? Different names for the same person?

He also says he supports the Mariners:

I like the Mariners, because they’re always the best! I like Sanro from the Mariners! What? I got the name wrong? It doesn’t matter if you understood me!

I suspect he means the Seattle Mariners, given that Nintendo used to own them.

Interesting stuff though!

Back
Top Bottom