Do you think warioware charaters will be playable in smash 5?

Amiibro

Ph.D Gamer
I have seen topics similar to this one before but i just felt like asking it. I could really see ashley and kat and ana (the two assist trophys we have from ware) mostly because kat and ana are steriotypical ninjas shrurikins katanas numchucks etc
Then of course my personal fav Ashley is obvisly a magic weilder and there are many things she could do with red the 2 things i thought would work would be one red is just a wand and broom most of the time or there could be 3 different red forms
The default one being just red Ashley throw him about like Rosalina and luma. Like what Nintengasm said.
Then theres wand red Ashley could be better at magic with wand red and do more damage, knockback etc
Last but not least broom red Ashley could be good at arieal attacks and would be faster and maybe even kinda be floaty in the air ( like peach)
And Dibble and Spitz could be thrown in as a WTF charater.
Anyway thats what i think what about you?

I would love it, but I have to give it to Glowsquid and agree that no Wario character will be in, because sadly the serious business world of Japanese companies doesn't view it as profitable. Still, they do deserve to be in, though.

Maybe, but like nintendo has done EVERYTIME, probably make them assistant tropihes or just collectible trophies -_-. Wario ware crew doesn't get enough appreciation as it is.

Sad face. Anything could happen though, sorry to duck hunt fans but i think Ashley makes more sense than duck hunt. (Not that duck hunts not good i just say neutral to dh)
OMG yaass!! why couldn't that be like a stage?? or like a trophy or something Ashley would make MUCH more sense bruhh!!!! Ashley could also be added with her mansion as a stage with a bunch of different tricks and things that happens in the stage!! That makes more sense than gamer to me!!

OMG yaass!! why couldn't that be like a stage?? or like a trophy or something Ashley would make MUCH more sense bruhh!!!! Ashley could also be added with her mansion as a stage with a bunch of different tricks and things that happens in the stage!! That makes more sense than gamer to me!!
Huh never thought of stages like ashleys mansion or duck hunt pretty cool

Unless Nintendo does a complete 180 on their release policy for tentpole games and starts doing Capcom/SNK style iterative releases, it's not likely.

1: The WW characters simply aren't popular, important, or iconic. Even Ashley is more of a favourite among a small number of vocal Otakus than a character well known to casual.

2: Related to the above, and the main crux of the issue, Smash Bros has a lot of characters. It's already hard enough to reprogram, update the assets and balance veterans when you're rebuilding the game every 6 years, much less add 15 totally new characters on top of them. This is why iterative releases would be the best bet for cult characters: SNK used the fact they simply can't put every existing characters and new ones in a single game to justify making yearly releases of KOF, and the frequent updates of the Gundam VS series is the only reason its latest release has nearly 50 mechs to choose from. Until Nintendo start going down that path, you're not going to see a lot of Japan-only characters whose last game was 20 years ago, or side characters in C-tier series.

Of course, there's a lot of hypotheticals. Maybe there won't be a lot of new IPs to get new characters from and they'll have to dig really hard to get cult favourites in the game. Maybe WW characters will appear in Mario spinoffs, given them the visibility and popularity to be viable. Maybe Samurai will direct Wario's Taco Stand and put a shitton of content from that game into smash. But as of now, it ain't looking good.

If nintendo put in more WW representation into a popular game lik ssb wouldent it be like advertisment? I mean what if some random guy who had no clue what ware was, was playing smash looking for a new main sees a WW charater tries them out likes them and wants to play a game with them in it. Dident nintendo kinda do this with fire emblem in melee? They added a charater (roy) from a series that was not popular in North America at the time in ssbm and it was a hit it got people excited for the next installment. Nintendo cut some rhythm hevean stuff for ssb 3ds and wiiu the youtuber game explain capitalized on this. Its bad marketing fire emblem was popular in japan but not in Na WW could be like fire emblem even if WW isent very popular in japan ethier, that would be better because then it could get a multi continet boom and not just one.

Unless Nintendo does a complete 180 on their release policy for tentpole games and starts doing Capcom/SNK style iterative releases, it's not likely.

1: The WW characters simply aren't popular, important, or iconic. Even Ashley is more of a favourite among a small number of vocal Otakus than a character well known to casual.

2: Related to the above, and the main crux of the issue, Smash Bros has a lot of characters. It's already hard enough to reprogram, update the assets and balance veterans when you're rebuilding the game every 6 years, much less add 15 totally new characters on top of them. This is why iterative releases would be the best bet for cult characters: SNK used the fact they simply can't put every existing characters and new ones in a single game to justify making yearly releases of KOF, and the frequent updates of the Gundam VS series is the only reason its latest release has nearly 50 mechs to choose from. Until Nintendo start going down that path, you're not going to see a lot of Japan-only characters whose last game was 20 years ago, or side characters in C-tier series.

Of course, there's a lot of hypotheticals. Maybe there won't be a lot of new IPs to get new characters from and they'll have to dig really hard to get cult favourites in the game. Maybe WW characters will appear in Mario spinoffs, given them the visibility and popularity to be viable. Maybe Samurai will direct Wario's Taco Stand and put a shitton of content from that game into smash. But as of now, it ain't looking good.

I think you're being a bit too negative here. For one thing, keep this in mind; Smash Bros is already down to the B/C/D list characters. Those big A listers? Kind of ran out in Brawl's development, and to be honest, those left ran out in Smash Bros for 3DS/Wii U's development. I mean, who was the last newcomer than people outside of Nintendo die hards could recognise? Maybe Mega Man?

As a result... the competition against WarioWare characters isn't really that fierce at this point. You've got K Rool and Ridley, who are the obvious extra choices (and even they are arguably more obscure than most existing Smash Bros fighters). You've got maybe a few third parties, like Simon Belmont or whatever (who are probably the only 'known outside of the Nintendo fandom' choices left). Those who remain are either one offs (Ghirahim, Midna, maybe N, etc), obscure outside of DeviantArt and Tumblr like sites (read Midna, Krystal, etc), Mario RPG game villains and whatever Pokemon might just about be well known as of two years ago. Characters like Ashley, Mona, Jimmy T or 9 Volt aren't competing with the Marios and Links and Pikachus of the gaming world, they're competing with the obscure fan favourites popularised by fan fiction types.

And new characters are pretty much a given at this point. They have to be, because to some degree, they basically sell Smash. They keep the hype machine going. No new characters equals no big E3 trailer, no interest for Nintendo Directs and a whole lot less discussion on sites like Smashboards. Nintendo not adding any would be kind of like the gaming equivalent of stopping the Super Bowl or World Cup. The business guys would just about die of shock, the marketing team would be up a creek and Sakurai would probably be on bad terms with Iwata and co for about a decade.

Oh, and the point about few new IPs? That's actually a real issue for Nintendo now. As of now, we've pretty much got one big first party choice for a new rep; Splatoon. The other franchises have kind of been exhausted in the last four games or so, and Nintendo's dangerous 'use Mario or Miis for everything strategy is causing a dangerous lack of new franchises'.

WarioWare characters in Smash Bros 5? It's possible, I'll say that.

As a result... the competition against WarioWare characters isn't really that fierce at this point. You've got K Rool and Ridley, who are the obvious extra choices (and even they are arguably more obscure than most existing Smash Bros fighters). You've got maybe a few third parties, like Simon Belmont or whatever (who are probably the only 'known outside of the Nintendo fandom' choices left). Those who remain are either one offs (Ghirahim, Midna, maybe N, etc), obscure outside of DeviantArt and Tumblr like sites (read Midna, Krystal, etc),

There's still a lot of competion from minor characters of more popular series. Even if nobody knows who Midna is, that's still more than who know Ashley is. Minusing digital numbers we don't have, both versions of Twilight Princess combined have outsold the entire WarioWare series : p.

And new characters are pretty much a given at this point. They have to be, because to some degree, they basically sell Smash. They keep the hype machine going. No new characters equals no big E3 trailer, no interest for Nintendo Directs and a whole lot less discussion on sites like Smashboards. Nintendo not adding any would be kind of like the gaming equivalent of stopping the Super Bowl or World Cup.

The implication isn't that Extreme Pugilist Fraternity 6 isn't going to have New Guys, but rather than the additions might be less numerous than fans might expect. Traditional fightans like Street Fighter Alpha 3 and King of Fighters '02 can afford to have super-hueg character rosters because those are heavily iterated games not afraid to recycle assets-that, and that they don't have to add other back-of-the-box features like items, notably interactive stages (not implying the before-mentioned games are "cheaper" or "easier to make"), etc.

Of course, arguing about character popularity is probably pointless in that from what we've heard from Samurai, the dev team pick characters they think are cool and could be interesting to play as rather than to "rep" things, "honour Nintendo history" or whatever inanity nerds are spouting these days, so if samurai or whoever does the next game wakes up and think "that Ashley guy sure is cool", then maybe. Popularity still play a role in that Pink Donkey Kong Jr. won't be the face of the net Smash and a more popular character is more likely to catch the eye of the dev team, but eh. It's all hypotheticals.

I doubt they'll decrease the number of new characters. Think of it in marketing terms. You need to keep people's interest for the year or so before the release date, and after it comes out. Can't do that with say, five new characters.

And to be fair, while Midna might have been a potentially bad example, I'd still say we have a chance against quite a few others. Some WarioWare games have outsold some Zelda games, some Metroid games and even some Mario games.

Oh, and the point about few new IPs? That's actually a real issue for Nintendo now. As of now, we've pretty much got one big first party choice for a new rep; Splatoon. The other franchises have kind of been exhausted in the last four games or so, and Nintendo's dangerous 'use Mario or Miis for everything strategy is causing a dangerous lack of new franchises'.

WarioWare characters in Smash Bros 5? It's possible, I'll say that.

A lot of people forget that Nintendo's got a ridiculous amount of IPs and franchises that never get noticed. I'd like to see one of the more obscure ones like Daigasso Band Bros. (Jam With the Band) get some more promotion. But most people just want more characters in Smash from well known franchises. That's understandable, but since we're at the bottom of the barrel, I think it's time to make those forgotten franchises a little more noticeable.

No. WarioWare isn't profitable enough, or in Sakurai's opinion, "doesn't have enough of a future to warrant another character."

Wario having his biker costume is just because WarioWare has more games than Land, and he's recognized more in that outfit.

Back