Does anyone still want Mighty No. 9

How does everyone feel about Mighty No. 9 as a soul successor?

• Total voters
You're right. I always laughed about it but didn't find proof it actually happened until now:
"Plus, i got to see the newest gameplay of Mighty No.9 which is upper class fantastic, gonna be hell of a GOTY."

Link

Yeesh....I know you feel bad about wasting 10k but give me a break...

"Mighty No. 9's Designer Says 'I Own All the Problems That Came With This Game' "

I guess Inafune's translator wasn't tactful on how to translate Inafune's words and as a result, the interview got butchered a bit. Basically though Inafune knows the game has gone horribly and is seemingly taking responsibility but no snippets of the interview reveal how he feels about the game aside from the well known problems. The translator tries to make you feel bad for hating on the game by saying things such as "only 60% of that 4 million was used for the game," "we're humans too, we cry ourselves to sleep if we put out bad games or disappoint players" to paraphrase in simple terms.

Inafune wants to be forever remembered as "the father of Mega Man," not "the creator of a shitty Kickstarter game." We most likely won't ever know so he can keep his pride.

Screenshot_20160624_131008.png

[AD LIB MOANING IN PAIN]
Why would I expect anything else?

For those of you who've backed the game, I'm sorry. Not an ironic sorry either, like I legitimately feel bad your money went to this instead of what was promised.

Is it bad that I kind of wanted to see this fail. I mean I liked the idea behind it even though the game itself never really appealed to me and I feel bad for all the backers but...just how much of a mess this project turned out to be long before it was even released and inafune's over ambitiousness and attitude...

Screenshot_20160624_131008.png

[AD LIB MOANING IN PAIN]
Why would I expect anything else?

For those of you who've backed the game, I'm sorry. Not an ironic sorry either, like I legitimately feel bad your money went to this instead of what was promised.

Yup. Also, they just used ctrl+f to replace every instance of "his" to "her" for the Ray campaign, but were too lazy to proofread it so you end up with words like 'ther" instead of "this".

Embarrassing.

Magma you make excellent points. Even before MN9 came up I never really cared for Inafune because he always came off more as wanting an ego boost first.

Taking him out of the equation, I was hoping the game would succeed despite the obstacles it had. The thing that makes me happy to see it fail is how he mismanaged the money he was given, time, resources, and the fan support. He needed a bit of a reality check IMO.

What really made me mad is how much he seemingly wanted to milk this game before it was even released with all the tie-ins like animated series and movies. I wonder if the supposed movie is still going to be made.

Mega Man by itself has always had a hard time running for a long time as an animated series, and its characters and stories are much more engaging than MN9. How Inafune thought this would be more marketable than Mega Man is an amazing demonstration of ego.

I think Mega Man was going better in MM8's direction but that's just me, I don't know how much involved he was in that game though.

Inafune was the producer on 8 as well.

8 itself isn't a bad game, it just runs very slow for me and I don't like the voice acting. I would rather play 8 over MN9 though.

I thought 8 was pretty good my only issues with it were the well known poor english voice acting and some of the music is weird but other than that I thought it played pretty well.

Judging from the Graphics for MN9, It looks like he was trying to do some Sucessor to the PSP MM games like Powered Up... Doesn't excuse the fact that it honestly looks worse than a PSP title. Both Powered Up and that X title (I forget what it was called, sorry) looked rather gorgeous for their time, and still hold up fairly well.

Back