[Poll] Favourite Wario track in the Mario Kart series?

What's your favourite Wario themed track?

• Wario Stadium (Mario Kart 64)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wario Colosseum (Mario Kart Double Dash)

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Wario Stadium (Mario Kart DS)

• Wario's Galleon/Shipyard (Mario Kart 7)

• Diamond City/Snow Panic (Mario Kart Arcade GP)

• Other

• Wario's Gold Mine (Mario Kart Wii)

• Mount Wario (Mario Kart 8/Deluxe)

• Total voters

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Which one is your favourite and why? We're going to only include Wario themed ones here, since otherwise Waluigi Pinball might win by miles (and it's dubious if it even counts here), but what do you think?

Only played mk7 out of those options and I'm not wild about that stage, though I do find it to be rather atmospheric. I'm boring so I like warios gold mine a lot, it's one of my favorite tracks generally

Tough pick. Wario Colosseum is probably one of my favorite tracks in the whole Mario Kart series. Wish they'd bring it back. Meanwhile, Wario's Galleon/Shipyard is probably the best representation for Wario in the Mario Kart series.

Diamond City is an interesting idea for a track but only feels lightly inspired by WarioWare and seems more fixated on E. Gadd than anything.

Tough pick. Wario Colosseum is probably one of my favorite tracks in the whole Mario Kart series. Wish they'd bring it back. Meanwhile, Wario's Galleon/Shipyard is probably the best representation for Wario in the Mario Kart series.

Diamond City is an interesting idea for a track but only feels lightly inspired by WarioWare and seems more fixated on E. Gadd than anything.
Yeah I was confused about how much of an E Gadd focus Diamond City had. It was a neat setup for a track, but you'd expect a bit more blatant inspiration from the WarioWare series there in terms of the places you visit, scenery, cameos, etc.

And yeah Wario Colosseum is a great track. Wished it'd have come back in Mario Kart 8 to be honest. Waluigi Stadium is cool, but Colosseum hadn't reappeared at all after its debut.

Wario Stadium in Mario Kart Wii because I feel like it was the peak of Mario Kart's level design. Even outside of the inherent badassery of it being Wario's creation it's an uber dangerous but also very rewarding level that rewards skillfull drifting and timed tricks with actual reward rather than banging into walls. It's a level I constantly come back to and it reminds me of how much MKWii was the peak of Mario Kart

EDIT: Turns out it's WALUIGI stadium in Mario Kart Wii and not WARIO stadium like I remembered. Odd change but my vote still goes for Wario Stadium in DS because I love the DS map just as much.

Wario Stadium in Mario Kart Wii because I feel like it was the peak of Mario Kart's level design. Even outside of the inherent badassery of it being Wario's creation it's an uber dangerous but also very rewarding level that rewards skillfull drifting and timed tricks with actual reward rather than banging into walls. It's a level I constantly come back to and it reminds me of how much MKWii was the peak of Mario Kart

Wario Stadium? Do you mean Waluigi Stadium from Double Dash/Wii or Wario Stadium from DS/8?

Egadd has worked with Wario before designing things for Wario
Plus E Gadd is definitely rich (can live whereever) and has set up shop in weirder locations than diamond city. (sets up expensive labs outside of haunted locations, has a lab in a volcano, etc)
E Gadd has definitely also had interactions with Wario. Wario even in a deleted Superstar saga cutscene is seen being knowledgable/frequenting E Gadd's coffee shop. (which I could only assume possible if Wario lives in a location where there are Gadd franchises)
Additionally the Diamond City track has the Dojo (kat + ana)
1693082105556.png

its also got club sugar, dribble and spitz taxi company, a gelato place.
They are all positioned very closely to the diamond city layout seen in relation to each other.
I would say its pretty inspired from Diamond City
It even has the same trees, a diamond city tv truck, the diamond broadcast tower (the one with a screen on it), it shows off some warioland references too in the shopping gala as well as the advertisement for a steak buffet.

I would go as far as saying this map is more wario/wario-related than any of these other race tracks combined as literally no other wario track is canon/linked to anything wario in the slightest.
I've not seen Wario Stadium/Colosseum/Galleon/Shipyard/Mountain proir to the kart games they were released in and many I've not seen outside of the kart series at all.

Last edited:
Egadd has worked with Wario before designing things for Wario
Plus E Gadd is definitely rich (can live whereever) and has set up shop in weirder locations than diamond city. (sets up expensive labs outside of haunted locations, has a lab in a volcano, etc)
E Gadd has definitely also had interactions with Wario. Wario even in a deleted Superstar saga cutscene is seen being knowledgable/frequenting E Gadd's coffee shop. (which I could only assume possible if Wario lives in a location where there are Gadd franchises)
Additionally the Diamond City track has the Dojo (kat + ana)
View attachment 15189
its also got club sugar, dribble and spitz taxi company, a gelato place.
They are all positioned very closely to the diamond city layout seen in relation to each other.
I would say its pretty inspired from Diamond City
It even has the same trees, a diamond city tv truck, the diamond broadcast tower (the one with a screen on it), it shows off some warioland references too in the shopping gala as well as the advertisement for a steak buffet.

I would go as far as saying this map is more wario than any of these other race tracks combined as literally no other wario track is canon/linked to anything wario in the slightest.
Hmm sure it's got the locations from the games, but I dunno I guess what I wanted to convey is that it doesn't really evoke a feeling of WarioWare. The overall feeling of the track is just a WarioWare-themed city track like Mushroom City/Bridge. Wario's Shipyard/Galleon isn't based on any specific location from Wario Land but I feel like it captures the overall adventuring vibe of that game.

I'm not sure what would be a better idea for a WarioWare-themed track though. Maybe something gimmicky like the WarioWare stages from Smash Bros.

Wario's Shipyard/Galleon isn't based on any specific location from Wario Land but I feel like it captures the overall adventuring vibe of that game.
Unless by warioland you're specifically referencing Shake It not a vary wario stage imo aside from wario slapping his logo on everything which he still does plenty in the GP Diamond City track (there is a golden wario statue in the diamond city track which is a direct reference to wario land). I don't know how a track is really supposed to capture the essense of another game though tbh because its in a racing game and wario games are platformers and micogames. Plus even the enemies in Shipwreck are from Mario Bros. So by your logic like in the E gadd sentiment since the shipwreck has sidesteppers that would make it more fixated on Mario Bros than it being a wario track. Plus there are warp pipes in it that are green (unless you were specifically referencing Shake It, also mario bros), wario's pipes are grey (wl1-2) and purple (wl3-4)
Does vaguely give a shout out to Wario World though (also some parts of the track are a ruined castle so I mean, wario had a castle, but idk why it would be ruined in the ocean with a fleet of wario ships)
1693083619853.png

but if in 2011 Wario has a bunch of wrecked ships then why in 2008 did Wario need to borrow Captain Syrups ship?
favorites aside I just don't see how the diamond city track doesn't capture the flavor of wario better than these other tracks which kind of just exist in their own bubble and don't really link to any Nintendo/Wario lore in any concrete way.

At this point I think we're getting into difference of opinion on our preferred form of representation as well as just difference in how we perceive things. Even though Diamond City is based on a concrete location, I guess my own biases just don't let the track stick in my mind much since we've seen other city tracks in the Mario Kart series and aside from having WarioWario locations, doesn't have much to distinguish it from those other tracks.

I feel like WarioWare as a whole is kind of hard to make a track since the locale isn't really the focus of the games.

You might be right that its just difference of opinion. Wario's Shipyard is overall a pretty unique map but for me it felt like Wario's Gold Mine x another underwater level I forgot the name of (I don't like the underwater levels), Wario's Gold Mine is probably my least favorite Wario-centric course.

How I would say Luigi's Mansion tracks capture the soul (maybe not right word because it doesn't capture the gameplay and invents enemies that weren't in Luigi's Mansion) of a Luigi Mansion game in that its a horror game. I would also say Diamond City tracks (GP 1 + 2) do capture the essense (maybe again not the right word) of what Warioware is. The diamond city map is using a clusterfuck of over stimulation and references to disguise not really a whole lot actually going on... just like a warioware game imo. Don't get me wrong I love a good Wariowaring but 200 5 second long microgames still only makes for around 15 min of game play (clusterfuck of over stimulation and references to disguise not really a whole lot actually going on)

Also honestly most of the MK tracks really don't have much to do with their namesakes outside of kind of just spamming assets related to said character. I can think of a couple that actually feel like they were taken from their game though (tik tok clock, bowsers castle having thwomps/bowser spitting fire, hyrule circuit, airship fortress, BIG BLUE BUT THATS A GIMME SINCE FZERO IS ALSO A RACING GAME) but yeah I'd say out of like 170 tracks only 5 capture the essense of the games/characters they are based off of. Just a testimate to how most non-racing genres just don't fully transfer into a racing course.

@Magma Still, am interested in what ways you feel that Wario's Shipwreck captured the feel of Wario Land. I know there is imagry of wario with his viking helmet on (classic wario land power up) and potentially some relation between the wrecked ships in mk and the wrecked ship in wario land. You said it gave you a sort of adventuring vibe. Would you care to elaborate?

You might be right that its just difference of opinion. Wario's Shipyard is overall a pretty unique map but for me it felt like Wario's Gold Mine x another underwater level I forgot the name of (I don't like the underwater levels), Wario's Gold Mine is probably my least favorite Wario-centric course.

How I would say Luigi's Mansion tracks capture the soul (maybe not right word because it doesn't capture the gameplay and invents enemies that weren't in Luigi's Mansion) of a Luigi Mansion game in that its a horror game. I would also say Diamond City tracks (GP 1 + 2) do capture the essense (maybe again not the right word) of what Warioware is. The diamond city map is using a clusterfuck of over stimulation and references to disguise not really a whole lot actually going on... just like a warioware game imo. Don't get me wrong I love a good Wariowaring but 200 5 second long microgames still only makes for around 15 min of game play (clusterfuck of over stimulation and references to disguise not really a whole lot actually going on)

Also honestly most of the MK tracks really don't have much to do with their namesakes outside of kind of just spamming assets related to said character. I can think of a couple that actually feel like they were taken from their game though (tik tok clock, bowsers castle having thwomps/bowser spitting fire, hyrule circuit, airship fortress, BIG BLUE BUT THATS A GIMME SINCE FZERO IS ALSO A RACING GAME) but yeah I'd say out of like 170 tracks only 5 capture the essense of the games/characters they are based off of. Just a testimate to how most non-racing genres just don't fully transfer into a racing course.

@Magma Still, am interested in what ways you feel that Wario's Shipwreck captured the feel of Wario Land. I know there is imagry of wario with his viking helmet on (classic wario land power up) and potentially some relation between the wrecked ships in mk and the wrecked ship in wario land. You said it gave you a sort of adventuring vibe. Would you care to elaborate?
I guess to me it brings to mind the amphibious levels of the first Wario Land game:

In the WarioWare series you spend most of your times in microgames rather than any specific location so a track based on Diamond City doesn't really bring to mind anything that I remember from the games.

In the WarioWare series you spend most of your times in microgames rather than any specific location so a track based on Diamond City doesn't really bring to mind anything that I remember from the games.
I mean most of the warioware stories are in diamond city so I don't know how that's possible. In between each and every microgame and at the start/finish of each character arc from warioware (except maybe upcomming move it which looks like its in a vacation area, might not even be in diamond city)(also except the very start and end of Gold which feature Luxeville)
Example: Kat n Ana have stages set in/around the dojo/castle you can drive through. There are also many microgames featuring ninja or samurai that look to take place around the dojo.
Coincidentally just like in the diamond city map where you go through E. Gadds factory reminds me of in WL2+WL4 you also go through a zany factory

As pointed out earlier on the golden wario statue in Diamond City the map is clearly emulating wario in general and not just specifically Warioware. The golden statue is a trophy wario won and is showing off in it from wario land. I would say if anything diamond city track heavily references wario more in all aspects.
In the same hallway as the golden wario statue are various inventions made by wario/crygore from the warioware series. (Some of which are the whole theme of the games)
But here is my strongest argument for why the map fits warioware: the map is constantly switching it up by going from a city, to highway, to factory, to mall, to frozen over area, to a cave. For me that captured not only the constant change ups in warioware microgames and character locations as well reminded me of even more levels found in Wario Land games.
WL VB: Takes place in a cave
The area where you first enter wario's stadium/factory (there are two different interior locations in this track aside from the quick cave) and go by a bunch of windows is very reminiscent to me of how the windows are laid out in Golden Coins.
1693113866294.png
1693114039252.png

WL4: Also has a freezer area also near a factory
WL3: Also has a cold area that is high up
for warioware there is a racing minigame and for most of it you seem to be going straight and to be dodging others as you try to pass them (just like in the diamond city track)
1693112662488.png
1693112971255.png

there is also downhill ice/snow microgames which could reference the icy part of diamond city GP or viseversa
1693112734504.png
1693112770801.png

there are parking spaces in the DC GP track like this microgame
1693112822903.png

The DC GP track has a bunch of food venues and as far as I can see each of the food minigames could be hosted at one
1693112888758.png

oh yeah and I forgot to say; the actual stadium/factory from warioware is in this track too and its seperate from E. Gadds factory. Wario's stadium is the center location of Warioware Gold and most of its cutscenes/some of the microgames look to take place inside of the stadium.
1693113083661.png

Then again I don't really know many people who actually even played Mario Kart GP I or II, even on emulation so I can 100% understand why this is an unsung or not favorite level despite having the most Wario-related stuff going on in it.

You make some valid points really but I just think at this point this has become purely subjective, and unless anyone else wants to chime in, I don't want this thread to turn into "Is the Diamond City track from Mario Kart GP good Wario representation?" lol.

No Mount Wario on the poll?

My favourite HAS to be NGC Wario Colosseum. It's just so much fun to drive around on. And the music is just great!
While I really love the Wario Land references in Wario's Galleon/Shipyard, I just always look forward to drive on Wario Colosseum whenever I play Double Dash, and I hope when/if they ever remake it, they make it just as fun as it was on Gamecube.

going back on topic, i'd have to say Gold Mine from Wii, it's essentially rainbow road 0.5, but that's great, I love WGM and Wii RR

Back