Funny Video Game Bootlegs.

Metal

Don't be sad cause it's over pimps
Since the era of the NES there has been really funny unlicensed games as well as gaming consoles such as the pop station or the chintendo vii. Wondering how many people would be fortunate or unfortunate to have come across such amazing bootlegs like Kung Fu Mari.

Although this seems to be one of the more playable of bootlegs as it's basically just a sprite swap however Mario just looks so stupid in it that it's hilarious.

Here's one of the more offbeat and terrible sounding bootlegs Megaman 8 for the GB.
The music just makes me want to blow my brains out.

Curious if any of you have played or experienced these very weird bootlegs or hacks or anything of the sort. They're an oddity that's for sure and hilarious to make fun of. Apparently some of these have been made by odd Chinese and Russian companies, sadly I'm unsure what their company names could be.

I highly approve of this thread.

The only bootlegs I've had the chance to play are Somari for NES and Sonic 4 for SNES. I mostly just watch people playing them or talking about them online.

Joel from Vinesauce will occasionally play some bootleg games. This is just a compilation of some of the ones he played in a 2 part stream, a couple of them unrelated to Mario.

I've also run into a wiki and a forum discussing bootleg games, though I can't find the links at the moment.

I highly approve of this thread.

The only bootlegs I've had the chance to play are Somari for NES and Sonic 4 for SNES. I mostly just watch people playing them or talking about them online.

Joel from Vinesauce will occasionally play some bootleg games. This is just a compilation of some of the ones he played in a 2 part stream, a couple of them unrelated to Mario.

I've also run into a wiki and a forum discussing bootleg games, though I can't find the links at the moment.

Joel is perfect for finding a whole bunch of bootlegs, oh man Somari this reminds me that there's a whole bunch of weird Sonic 1 bootlegs running around there.
These bootlegs that's in the video such as the infamous " Grand Dad " are more than likely being made by Chinese or Russia, Chinese I believe didn't have many things related to Nintendo or gaming consoles so they ended up doing stuff like Chintendo Vii or these weird bootlegs.

The music for some of these sound surprisingly alright of course not all of them would sound " pleasant " if that even would be the appropriate word for this.

There's a company in Syria called...Syrian Games... that sells PS2 bootlegs with strange and surreal covers. You can view most of em at http://gameological.com/2013/02/the-art-of-syrian-games/

startrekinvasion.jpg

wwii_soldier.jpg

Twin Eagles Group is a Peruvian team that has made a couple of well known bootlegs. They made Sonic 4 as well as Sonic 2 which uses Sparkster for SNES as the base. It looks like they've tried to do other things besides bootlegs/"hacks" but they were essentially my introduction to bootlegs.

Last edited:
I see it more as like a way for people to be more "well versed" and "nerdier" gamers.

But yes possibly another fad that's funny based on games being horrible alone

My favorite bootleg would have to be the timeless GBC classic, "Terrifying 9/11".

You read that right. It's basically Metal Slug starring George Bush and Bin Laden with a sweet FMV 9/11 intro

I've been trying to track down a cart for years.

i have once played a bootleg leg called super king knog 99. all you need to know is that the game will bring tears to your ears IE music and sound FX are ass.

Love how that game actually had sound effects from Michael Jackson's Moonwalker, just take a listen.

0:03 in the video for WOO

and here's the actual sound in moonwalker go ahead and skip to 0:38 in this vid and compare the two, it's quite hilarious. Donkey Kong is a smooth criminal.

Last edited:
Back