• Nope.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • sort of...

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Xwhat?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
ms-xbox-console-bare.jpg

Yeah I still own my original Xbox, loved playing the Metal Slug, 3, 4, and 5 ports on it. In fact those games alone made me interested in the system.
Two other games I had fun with was Mechassault and Toejam and Earl 3 mission to earth. As far as game play for Metal Slug goes it's basically a sidescroller shooter, where you traverse various areas and platforms gunning your way through dozens of soldiers, aliens, yetis, mummies, etc. It's got a great soundtrack and very wacky art I tell ya.

Mechassault is essentially like ZOE, you're basically driving a giant mech going out and destroying the enemy army. Can't remember too much about the entire game but I'll leave some game play below.

Toejam and Earl was a strange game it's best as describe as this weird quirky platformer. You go around said pieces of floating land avoiding enemies and collecting garbage. It more or less is exactly like the Genesis game both game play and format but for those who aren't familiar with the series I'll also leave a video on it.

Leaving on a final note I never owned this game but my friend would always bring it over and we'd just try to glitch this game up. It's more or less like GTA it's called DRIV3R. Needless to say we just screwed around in it like trying to no clip through walls and such. The game itself felt very expiremental much like Microsoft's early gaming days as you could tell from games such as Blinx. All in all this game wasn't bad but mediocre trying to make a game with freeroaming environment didn't do this game justice when everything and everyone felt 2D and fake might as well be your player gunning down cardboard cut outs. The glitches were the best part about this game.

Never owned an Xbox, but I do own a ZX Spectrum. Heheh...

spectrum.jpg

Seriously though, I first got to try out the Xbox at a media convention in 2002. Halo is not my cuppa joe, but I'm sure I missed out on a whole lot of great titles for Xbox.
Sadly, my high school friends brainwashed me against it. Even still, I couldn't afford a Gamecube AND an Xbox, so I definitely made the right choice with the Cube.

On behalf of all the decent, non-discriminating people out there who loved the Xbox, let me apologise for my ignorance and stupidity back then.

@Metal I actually have a copy of Mechassault : p Its my little brothers, though : p I should get to playing it one day.

Was the Toe Jam and Earl game any good btw?

@Angler of Lake Asparagus Its okay, I used to be the same way, haha. And really, between the two, the Gamecube is the better choice : p
But, the Xbox is definitely great. I bet youd like alot of games for it if you had one. I dont care for Halo either : p But it has alot of unique titles for it. Theres still a bunch that I want to try.

And yup! I have an Xbox. But, I never had one of my own until literally like a year ago : p I grew up with one, as my little brother was and still is a big Xbox nerd. And I played alot of games with him on it, like Halo and Star Wars Battlefront II. And I watched him play alot of games on his own, like Morrowind, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic and that Mercenaries game. I was a die hard Nintendo fan of course, but I still liked alot of what the Xbox had to offer.

Last late winter/ early spring, I decided to finally buy one of my own. And I did, I bought the console and like 5 games I think, all for under 100$, haha. I have a few games for it I really liked. Some of them are-

-Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
-Jade Empire
-Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders
-Azurik
-Beyond Good and Evil
-Pirates! Legend of Black Kat

And Im currently waiting to get Star Wars KOTOR 2 and Star Wars Jedi Academy. Im excited to finally get those two games : p
Theres a bunch of other games Ive seen for the console that Id like to get one day, too. Its just a matter of having the money to buy them, haha.

I do have one. It can't play games of s@#$! But.... I do have and I still love it.
IMG_20170225_094849.jpg

Sorry for the crap quality.
And the messy room

Just a warning, Monxi; a lot of the pictures you have been posting don't show up. All I can see is "IMG" with brackets around it. This has happened to other users in the past, but I can't recall why. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, mate!

@MonaWare Yeah Toejam and Earl 3 is pretty good I mean it's practically just like the first two games. If you're familiar with having to traverse various platforms, avoiding enemies and collecting things you pretty much know what to expect.

Back