[Upcoming Game] Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions (October 6th 2017)

upload_2017-9-22_13-46-29.png
I give you...ducks!

I'm more disappointed about Psycho Kamek being replaced with Toadley. We don't get enough "good" Koopas outside Paper Mario, and Toadley's a Witch Doctor William Shatner, not a hypnotist of any description.

I just hope that the map cameo of Isle Delfino that's been leaked for Odyssey means we'll finally get to see some of the long since abandoned enemies from Sunshine.

Maybe with redesigns, we all know that Sunshine wonked out everyone's designs. Some were pretty subtle, like with Bowser, that tan-covered lower shell area traveled up his neck in that game and that game only.

Others were....well....
Blooperghoul.png
Booshine.jpeg
Bobomb_Sunshine.png
Cheep-Cheep_Sunshine_Art.png
MMSS.jpg
SMS_Pokey.png
MuddyPiranhaPlant.png

Speaking of Sunshine, it has many things in common with the original Superstar Saga, due to being released so close to it. They were both in the era of "let's do weird things with all the designs since now we have the tech for it!" both quite stylized.

Shouldn't you post this in the Odyssey thread? ^^

Btw:
We've talked a lot about visual changes, let's talk about gameplay changes.

It seems like it takes a lot longer to pull off Bros Moves now.
It's a shame since I liked how quick you could pull them off in the original.
Seems like in every game since then special moves have gotten longer and longer...
Now they play a little animation before and after every Bros Move.

Of course there's the difficulty...
It would be so much better with a hard mode...

heres a question I have though I dunno how if it's been answered yet, is leveling up akin to older titles where you can give a bonus per each level up, or is it like paper jam where you cant

Back