My thread of overthinking how stuff is connected to the Mario universe

SurrealBrain

I like Amitie.
We all know just how much is connected to Mario. So much is connected that people can contribute to Mario's world without even realizing they're doing so!

So much is connected that it's hard to start. So I'll just start with what I realized.

I've been trying to find a way to connect the Puyo Puyo series to Mario. Then I found out that a Japan-only version of Puyo Pop Fever had Sonic in it.

Sonic had appeared in the Olympics with Mario more than once, remember.

So, if nothing else, it seems Primp Town is in the Mario universe.

And since apparently, Conker's Bad Fur Day is also part of it...Raffine better hope she doesn't meet the fabled Great Mighty Poo.

But it goes farther than that. King Kong appeared in Mario is Missing. As warelander pointed out, he once fought Godzilla. Good movie, by the way.

What if I told you that Godzilla once met the Marvel Universe? Yeah, he did! Now I'm wondering if Stark Industries has a division in the Mushroom Kingdom.

But it goes even further than that. You know Dead or Alive, right? I believe there was a Halo cameo in Dead or Alive 4.

There's a Metroid level in Dead or Alive: Dimensions. Samus appeared in Super Mario RPG.

So now Halo is part of this universe. Awkward...

That's what I can think of from the top of my head. I probably got something off, but I'm crazy like that to even think of this stuff.

Last edited:
Sgt Slaugter was in that shitty mario dic cartoons

sgt slaughter was also in the first season of the DIC-produced G.I Joe series (What do you mean, it was Sgt. Slaughter the wrestler? Wrestling's not real!)

The DIC G.I Joe seasons are in continuity with the earlier Sunbow/Marvel Productions G.I. Joe series.

G.I. Joe is clearly set in the same universe as Transformers G1

But wait, there's more! Thanks to this douchebag, both series are also linked to a bunch of other toy cartoons by Sunbow/Marvel Productions

COPS is confirmed to be set in the future of G.I. Joe.

M.A.S.K was integrated into the G.I. Joe universe in 2008.

Robotix and Challenge of the Gobots are confirmed to be alternate universes in a Transformers lore book

And if you're a waste of carbon like me, you can further fanwank similar toy cartoons Hasbro acquired through buyouts such as Centurions, Sky Commanders, and Spiral Zone.

mind blowing huh

-Link has been in both Super Mario RPG and Mario Kart 8 amd Mario has been referenced many times trought the Zelda franchise.
-Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr have all appeared in the Punch Out series at one point.
-Several Mario characters where in Kirby Superstar.
-Wario was in Starfy 3.
-There are a lot of conections between Wario Ware and Rythem Heaven.
-Banjo and (as already mentioned) Conker made their debut in Diddy Kong Racing.
-Pac Man was in the Arcade Mario Kart games.
-Mute City and an ExciteBike stadium are race tracks in Mario Kart 8 and then there is the matter of the Animal Crossing DLC.
-Mario Hoops 3 on 3 and Mario Sports Mix have Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest characters in them.
-Pikmin are in Mario Golf Toadstool Tour.

And that's just scratching the surface of possible connections.

Banjo was in a game with Donkey Kong

Banjo Kazooie are a character skin for Minecraft.

Hence Donkey Kong, Mario, Minecraft and everything linked to it are in the same universe...

I just remembered something.

Mario, Luigi and Peach appear in the Gamecube version of NBA Street V3. Shaquille O'Neal appears in the game.

Given all the crazy stuff in the universe, who's to say the Shaq Fu video game isn't something that actually happened to the Marioverse Shaq?

Last edited:
I just remembered something fun about Dr.Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine:
DRMBM_Screenshot.png

Carbuncle is still in the game, made even better by the fact that the game never gives any reference to the main character's identity, meaning it's entirely possible that Arle was foiling Robotnik's plans all along (with Carbuncle and Puyos beeing there and all).

So Robotnik has now ensured that it's not just the Sega Sonic universe that's potentially linked to Puyo and Mario, but also the AOSTH one, what do you have to say about that Robotnik?

Damn right.

Last edited:
Hence Donkey Kong, Mario, Minecraft and everything linked to it are in the same universe...
That new Adam Sandler Movie confirmed part of Mario Universe

How 'bout this though
Animal Crossing in Mario Kart
There's a Santa suit in Animal Crossing
Elf Bowling: The Movie confirmed part of Mario universe.
images
This guy for Smash

Arle isn't the only one to have some multiverse fun. Nor even the first.

We already established that some form of the Marvel universe exists here. Of course, Marvel has a whole multiverse there.

There were crossovers with the Transformers and DC Comics. Then there's Death's Head.

Death's Head went through one of the Transformers universes, then the Doctor Who universe, then the Marvel universe.

Given Glowsquid's assessment, even if we assume the DiC Mario cartoons are alternate universes in themselves, this at least drags them into the multiverses by association.

Oh, and I thought of something else. I mentioned that Sonic appeared in a Japan-only version of Puyo Pop Fever, right? Well, he's not the only one exclusive to that one.

Akira Yuki from the Virtua Fighter series also appeared in it. As did Sakura Shinguji from Sakura Wars. As well as Karren Erra from Phantasy Star Universe, someone from Bakugan Battle Brawlers, Cyrill from Shinig Force EXE, and AiAi from Super Monkey Ball.

Oh, and a Japanese comedian named Koriki Choshu appears as well. Apparently, he had a cameo in an episode of the School Rumble anime.

Some of those franchises were represented in Project X Zone. Which brings a whole another slew of worlds into this. For one, the original Mega Man timeline is now part of the Mario universe, it seems, due to Mega Man X being represented.

Some others are represented in the Sega Superstars games, but the Xbox 360 version Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing had Banjo and Kazooie in it, making the connections more obvious.

Amusingly enough, Project X Zone also brings in Heihachi from Tekken. Amusingly, he appeared in the PS2 version of Soulcalibur II. Spawn appeared in the Xbox version.

Link appeared in the Gamecube version. However, I didn't initially count Heihachi's part because if I'm not mistaken, his part in it was said to be a dream, but it seems to be a case of "Or was it a dream?"

Funny thing is, I already theorized Dead or Alive in this. Why do I bring this up? Well, apparently, the creator of DOA hates Tekken. Wonder how he would feel about this...

Of course, Heihachi also appeared in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale. Which brings a bunch of Sony franchises, plus Metal Gear, DmC: Devil May Cry, BioShock and Dead Space into the mix. They seem to be part of the multiverse, if not the universe.

That's all for now. This is more than even I thought would occur. I have a few ideas for Spawn, but I'll save them for later if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

Puyo had a crossover with Tetris, guess what characters where in the NES version of Tetris:
hqdefault.jpg

So in addition to Mario, Zelda and Metroid we are also throwing some Kid Icarus into the mix, plus it makes for another decent Mario/Puyo connection

Of course, the Super Genesis Wave hit Mobius Prime and quite a few other alternate universes in Worlds Collide, the first Sonic/Mega Man crossover, probably erasing the Image crossover not just from memory, but from the timeline itself. Meaning now Spawn never met Sonic and company, not even for a brief period.

You also summed up at least two of my ideas.

That said, Spawn had a crossover with Frank Miller's version of Batman once or twice. All-Star Batman and Robin is said to be in the same universe as all of Miller's Batman work (which is separate from the main DC universe).

So of course, the Goddamn Batman is canon. Man, that was less than I thought...

The Sonic/Image crossover wasn't Spawn's only crossover with Savage Dragon. There was a crossover arc between the two.

Savage Dragon himself had a crossover with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

That version of the Ninja Turtles were seen as part of the multiverse in Turtles Forever. So of course, this drags the Ninja Turtles into this.

The original Mirage Turtles had a crossover with Cerebus the Aardvark. Funny thing is, Cerebus himself met Spawn once.

Dave Sim is canon. Please help us.Imscared:

Last edited:
Of course, the IDW Turtles had a crossover with the Ghostbusters.

Given that a Turtles multiverse was already established, we can chuck the Ghostbusters in here as well, at least the versions from the IDW comics.

Also of note, a version of Michelangelo appeared alongside Bugs, Daffy, Winnie the Pooh, Huey, Dewy, Louie, Garfield and a whole bunch of other cartoon characters in Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue. Yes, I had to bring that thing up.

But at least Jim Davis is canon to wash down the thought of Dave Sim being canon.

The version of the Turtles from the Next Mutation cartoon met the Power Rangers in an episode of Power Rangers: In Space.

While we didn't see these versions of the turtles as part of the multiverse of Turtles forever (though in IDW's defense, their comic series didn't even come into existence until after Turtles Forever was completed and aired), I like to think they still exist in the multiverse somehow.

Many versions of the turtles also had crossovers with the Usagi Yojimbo series. So there's that, too, though the newer versions might not have any more given Usagi Yojimbo creator Stan Sakai's statment. Still, brings it into the Mario multiverse.

I'll be honest here, after that shocking thought of Cerebus possibly being canon, I debated on continuing this thought process here. Of course, look what happened.

We should just go on here. You may read the posts in that thread of course. Maybe you can put a link to that thread in the main post so newcomers can see all the connections made there.

Back