Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Of course

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Definitely!

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Nope, Im a lame-o who hates anything good

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
Actually the first Turok doesnt, but the next one did.

Thats one thing I miss about the N64 days, actually. An emphasis on multiplayer games, like even these games had to have some kinda death match added onto it. It really made the console special. N64 is definitely the best multiplayer console ever : p

Another great Acclaim game-

shadow-man-n64-title-31622.gif

tumblr_ntlkz8syCu1s3uawvo1_400.gif

tumblr_nvk06vUt821s3uawvo2_r1_400.gif

dreamcast-35408-21317229257.jpg

Shadowman was a horror themed adventure game made by Acclaim. It was also released for Playstation, but was far better on the N64 : p It played like a Metroid game, an open world, but blocked off in certain areas until you got the right power up. Its a way cool game, definitely a creative adventure game thats often overlooked.

I actually was too scared to finish the game when I first played it : p I got pretty far the last time I played it, though I couldnt finish it because its a pretty hard game : p But if you like big open worlds and spooky themes, its a good game to get.

Here's a topic very close to my heart!

Most of my favourite N64 titles are the ones people never mention (or just poke fun at)... And of course all the regulars everyone knows/talks about like DK Racing, Banjo, Mario Kart 64, Zelda etc. Tremendous stuff!

Last edited:
Honestly never knew acclaimed would have even made good games. I mostly just remember their horrible batman and robin snes game where it was like semi-realistic it was so bad. This shadowland game does sound and look neat, very early surreal places much in the same sense as LSD dream emulator. Speaking of Turok has anyone ever beaten the 2? Sadly I sold Turok 2 when I was a child since it was just so confusing, couldn't really get passed anything. The best I remember is falling into this jungle like. maze area being eaten by raptors. Not a good experience when you're about 8 years old

Mischief Makers
Hexen
Shadowgate 64
Castlevania
Shadowman

You have awesome taste in games : p We should be friends : p
And I just beat Shadowgate for the first time this year, actually : p Love the game, but was bummed about how short it was : p I liked a ton, though. Is one of my favorite N64 games ever. And haha is cool that you like Hexen and Castlevania, it seems most people hate those games : p

Honestly never knew acclaimed would have even made good games. I mostly just remember their horrible batman and robin snes game where it was like semi-realistic it was so bad. This shadowland game does sound and look neat, very early surreal places much in the same sense as LSD dream emulator. Speaking of Turok has anyone ever beaten the 2? Sadly I sold Turok 2 when I was a child since it was just so confusing, couldn't really get passed anything. The best I remember is falling into this jungle like. maze area being eaten by raptors. Not a good experience when you're about 8 years old

Haha, well it seems like they were only good in the N64 days, sadly : p But they were awesome then, I miss that company. (Though I really wanna try their 3d platformer game "Vexx" from the 6th gen)

And Ive never beaten a Turok game ever : p I just really liked them a ton : p And haha the raptors in Turok were great, almost the only dinosaurs you ever actually see, though : p But yeah the levels in Turok were huge, took alot of exploration to play the game. Is probly why Ive never beaten one : p

ClayFighter 63 1/3
Earthworm Jim 3-D
Yoshi's Story
Mischief Makers
Glover
Rakuga Kids
Hexen
Charlie Blast's Territory
South Park trilogy
Blast Corps
Wetrix
Shadowgate 64
Castlevania
Milo's Astro Lanes
Bass Hunter 64
Waialae Country Club
Shadowman

You sir have a really good library.

And Ive never beaten a Turok game ever : p I just really liked them a ton : p And haha the raptors in Turok were great, almost the only dinosaurs you ever actually see, though : p But yeah the levels in Turok were huge, took alot of exploration to play the game. Is probly why Ive never beaten one : p

Hey I can't even beat Turok 2 without cheats, game is hard sometimes. Though the soundtrack for Turok 2 is just so good. (I actually prefer the N64 soundtrack, it sounds way better then the PC release though that's just my opinion)

Hey I can't even beat Turok 2 without cheats, game is hard sometimes. Though the soundtrack for Turok 2 is just so good. (I actually prefer the N64 soundtrack, it sounds way better then the PC release though that's just my opinion)

Ah, haha yeah! Then I have beaten Turok, yes : p

And yeah, Turok has a great soundtrack, especially 2. I loved the music in the hub world, where you meet the alien girl (cant remember her name), it often gets stuck in my head : p And I remember the music for the first level, when I first heard it, haha I was way pumped up about the game : p

And yeah Turok was not easy : p At least not for me : p I think Evolution was like impossible, haha. Acclaim needs to lower the level difficulty of their games, geeesh.

Another of my favorite N64 games-

tumblr_ncxlqo4Hns1s3uawvo2_r1_400.gif

hqdefault.jpg

winback-covert-operations-image328435.jpg

I really liked Winback, it was way way fun. It was a 3rd person shooter adventure game by Koei, somewhat like the Metal Gear Solid games, but more about action than stealth. The game was way great, I loved the atmosphere to this game, the lighting, the music, you really felt like you were trapped in a terrorist base trying to find your way out. Its a way fun game.

Cheers to you both!
And Mona, I've never cared how many people like or hate a game. I'm true to myself, and that's the whole bag of chips.

Turok Evolution is one tough bikkie. I'm still chipping away at it every now and then. Acclaim developed/published their share of great stuff in their long history, before shutting down in 2004. Vexx was one of their last titles, and a great platformer to own.

Last edited:
What about the star fox ships and how polygonal they were? If we're talking about these 3Dish type renders like in alttp and yoshi's island does this count? Man now we're getting very technical.

Cheers to you both, MonaWare and Hex Scout! ;)
And MonaWare, I have never cared how many people like or hate a game. I'm true to myself and that's the key to happiness! I hate the fact so many kids today follow all those sarcastic Youtube "celebrities" who dig up old games that were once liked, and judge them by today's standards. It doesn't effect me, I just hate seeing ignorant kids trash-talk stuff from before their time, when they should be appreciating it! :mad:

Turok Evolution is indeed hard. I'm still chipping away at it every now and then. Acclaim developed/published their share of great stuff in their long history, before shutting down in 2004. Vexx was one of their last titles, and a great platformer to own.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vexx

Haha yeah, am not a fan of those people : p I get kinda annoyed when people claim that games from the past are lacking compared to games of today, like yeah duh : p Theyre older games, the graphics are gonna be not up to date and there will probly be less content : p

Thats one thing I hate about the gaming community, nerds who, due to liking one thing more than others, hate anything in competition with it, is really lame : p I actually used to be that way though, back in the N64 days in my youth, I claimed to hate the Playstation, despite never owning one at all : p I just hated it because I liked the N64 so much : p It bothered me people didnt agree with me : p

And haha yeah, I dont think Acclaim will be remembered fondly, sadly. It will by me though, I was a huge fan of the company as a kid, Ill always remember them for the games I liked growing up. Is too bad they are gone. It seems like pretty much all the companies from back then are going away, besides a few here and there.

You know what?
I've always thought it was Akklaim, not Acclaim, due to the way it's stylized. Learnt something today, I guess d:p
Anyway, when I got the N64 for my 16th birthday from my friends, totally unexpected, I was urged to react like this:

But I resisted, as I felt it would get awkward d:p
Anyway, it's a great system. I've wanted to play it for a long while, and I had never expected to actually get one myself. The only complaint I have about it is the controller.
I got Super Mario 64 with the console, obviously, and have played it for a while. It's quite a great game.
For my 17th birthday, my mother got me Rayman 2, but then it turned out the Controller Pak is needed for saving your progress in that game :/ Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait a while and hope it arrives sometime relatively soon, I already ordered it.
I also like how it still uses cartridges. It just fits better. And cartridges are nice anyway. I'm not hating on compact discs or anything, they're pretty great too, but I just like the cartridges d:p

Yeah about the only thing I disliked about the N64 is that controller pak thing, certain games you're not allowed to save without that including rayman 2. Played it for years without a pak since I couldn't find one and ended up only redoing the intro levels and such over and over. Compact discs make it easier to save data and it costs less than cartridges, wonder why Nintendo wanted to still use them. They've always had a problem with people not wanting to steal or copy their games from discs so that could be one reason.

Want to know something worse than an N64 controller? Madkatz controller, tfw when you go to a friend's house and they give you the off brand controller.
7T4VJt6.jpg

Haha yeah, am not a fan of those people : p I get kinda annoyed when people claim that games from the past are lacking compared to games of today, like yeah duh : p Theyre older games, the graphics are gonna be not up to date and there will probly be less content : p

Thats one thing I hate about the gaming community, nerds who, due to liking one thing more than others, hate anything in competition with it, is really lame : p I actually used to be that way though, back in the N64 days in my youth, I claimed to hate the Playstation, despite never owning one at all : p I just hated it because I liked the N64 so much : p It bothered me people didnt agree with me : p

And haha yeah, I dont think Acclaim will be remembered fondly, sadly. It will by me though, I was a huge fan of the company as a kid, Ill always remember them for the games I liked growing up. Is too bad they are gone. It seems like pretty much all the companies from back then are going away, besides a few here and there.

I think the worst thing is when newcomers say old games are bad because they don't hold your hand or have in-game tutorials. It's called an instruction manual, folks. We were expected to read them so we knew all the functions/backstory. Hell... some games are considered "broken" now because people disregard what the manuals explained!

Last edited:
You know what?
I've always thought it was Akklaim, not Acclaim, due to the way it's stylized. Learnt something today, I guess d:p

Haha, I did too, actually! I didnt know it was Acclaim until I saw it written out online : p

And haha wow, thats an awesome gift. SM64 is way great, yeah. Its my favorite 3d Mario game. I think its the most diverse one, with all kinds of different levels and junk, with no theme whatsoever. Not to bash Sunshine and Galaxy, I loved those games too. I just liked SM64 best : p

And yeah, the save pak can be a pain. Only some games needed it, and they didnt really have that much space, so sometimes you had to delete games. But I never hated the N64 controller : p I always thought it was way cool : p

Heh. I tell ya, the absolute WORST thing is when newcomers say old games are bad because they don't hold your hand or have in-game tutorials. It's called an instruction manual, kids, and we were expected to read them so we knew all the functions/backstory. Bloody hell... some games are considered "broken" now because people disregard what the manuals explained.

As a kid I happily embraced every console and told people Sega and Nintendo were both terrific. Alas, I was a stupid teenager, because of the 'ideals' I adopted from my peers. I loved the PS1 as a boy, but as a teenager I despised the PS2 and XBox out of competition. So I pretty much devolved in my teens, rather than evolved.

Haha, yeah I dont think its fair to judge games from the past like that : p Especially with the internet, would only take you a few minutes to look it up : p People should keep in mind the limits they had back then.

And yeah! I actually totally loved both Nintendo and Sega back then : p We actually had a Genesis longer than we had an NES, haha : p I wish I had alot of money, Id like to get both of those consoles again : p

And haha I was worse than you actually! LIke I was so into the N64 that when the next gen came out, I hated on all of them, even the Gamecube! I did that for a little while in my youth, haha : p Of course I now own all three consoles and love all of them : p I dunno why nerdy people do that junk : p

Back