obligatory "What vidcons are you playing????" thread

I've been playing Gradius 3 and Parodius for SNES recently. Shoot-em-ups are a genre I've never really played before cuz I assumed they were all boring and repetitive, but I've been enjoying them a ton.

Super Mario 64 DS
Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Nintendo Badge Arcade
Tetris DS
Undertale (finished 100% today)
Mother/Earthbound Beginnings (going through whole series, friend might join in starting Earthbound)
Started Pokémon Platinum with cousin
That no connection dinosaur game on Google Chrome
One Punch Man is keeping me from continuing the DS games on the bus
I think I forgot some

I've been playing Gradius 3 and Parodius for SNES recently. Shoot-em-ups are a genre I've never really played before cuz I assumed they were all boring and repetitive, but I've been enjoying them a ton.

Up next, fighting games! Youll be way surprised at how much you like them : 3

And haha, yeah the No Connection Dinosaur is great, yeah : p Am a big fan : p

Ive been playing Triforce Heroes with Crescent Moon Villager lately, but Ive been wanting to get into N64 recently, specifically like obscure random games no ones heard of : p Like Ive been wanting to try Off Road Challenge (name?) for it : p Haha theres so many unheard of games on the console, I wanna try them all : p

No, I don't think I could ever enjoy fighting games >.>

Oh, youre gonna D : <

And haha, I think you take games too seriously : p Im not going to be hardcore about them, it would just be fun to get into one of them together : p I like memorize one or two special button-combination moves, and the rest of the time I just hit buttons until I win : p It will be great, just wait : p
Plus, the thing I like about fighting games is being able to pick like one or two characters you really like, and putting them against the characters your friend likes : p Haha its great : 3

Smash Bros. should be a really intuitive fighting game to get into, actually. The controls are really simple compared to something like Street Fighter, and it's pretty intuitive what each attack will do. Its movement is also a bit more flexible than your average fighting game. It's quite accessible for all levels of skill, really, and the roster is something you would already have some connection to. And if you're worried about long, complicated combos being too hard, you can try Brawl. It's less about combos and more about playing well. Really, I think you would like the series if you gave it enough of a chance. I'd probably recommend starting on that rather than something like Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat.

I like those one on one fighter games, though. I used to like them a bunch as a kid. And I always picked one character I really liked. Like I liked Vega in street fighter, Anna in Tekkan, Suzaku (Red Falcon) and Min Min in Flying Dragon. Sonya in Mortal Kombat (Shes the only character I could beat Tseng Soong with, also no idea how to spell his name). Scarlet for Dark Rift. Its fun having your own character battle against other peoples characters, its at least the charm for me and fighting games : p

And haha, I think you take games too seriously : p Im not going to be hardcore about them, it would just be fun to get into one of them together : p I like memorize one or two special button-combination moves, and the rest of the time I just hit buttons until I win : p It will be great, just wait : p

Button--mashing isn't fun though : s I would have to be good at it to enjoy it >.>

Yeah, I'd have to agree there. While it can be decently fun for a while to just press buttons and see what works, most fighting games only really give you lasting enjoyment when you know what you're doing enough to be engaged in more of a mental battle with the opponent, which takes a good deal of getting used to in most cases. I think Smash Bros. would probably be the most accessible starting point, and you can probably try to go from there.

Playing Mario and Luigi : Paper jam and got through it all in about 5 days. It's almost 100%, but I'm missing a few beans and coin blocks through out the world. Luckily there is a guide to help me know which ones I missed, so I'm going back to all these cool places.

Been getting high levels as well, I am the most powerful Mario that ever lived! lol.

Continuing my Transformers kick, I've been enjoying Transformers: War for Cybertron. Though the graphics are depressing to look at; yes it's darker than the usual fare, but I don't think a tiny bit more color is too much to ask, eh?

I dont like it when games are all void of color : p Thats so common today, when did color become such a bad thing.

I picked up Unreal Championship 2 for Xbox, and finally played it today. I dont like first person shooter really at all, but I really like this game : p I got it because I wanted to play a fun capture the flag death match kinda game, and I found this one, its made by Midway (it actually has Raiden, and uses terms like "Fatality" and "Flawless Victory" : p) And on top of that, you can either play in first or third person shooter style, or fight with melee weapons like swords. Haha, its way great : p I had alot of fun playing it.

Also, being done by Midway, the levels are actually bright and colorful, like the whole game really makes me think of Turok Evolution, which was a game I really liked for the level design. The skies are blue and open, and your surrounded by grass and mountains and waterfalls. And they ditched the rock music youd find in such games with like the kind of music youd find in Turok Evolution again : p That ambient horn and primitive drum stuff. I really like the game alot.

14315_front.jpg

Dino Crisis 3 is a survival horror cum third-person shooter best know for a retardalicious plot about fighting genetically-modified zombie dinosaurs on a colony ship, and being so bad it killed Dino Crisis. Forever

Neverthless, I had fond memories of renting it as a child and I got it yesterda. so far I'm one hour in the gaem and kinda enjoying it!

in spite of the retarded camera

in spite of cheap enemies who can knock off half your lifebar as you enter a room

in spite of an user interface so janky that pausing the game always give a prompt to save changes when i did not make any changes

Ah, I was just looking at that game like two days ago! I even thought about buying it, having a fascination with the Dreamcast, Ive been wanting to try Dino Crisis. But it was like 20$, which is like 5 times what original xbox games usually cost : / Is expensive for an xbox game.

Btw thats something I really hate about xbox, I hate having to call the system "original xbox" every time I bring it up. If you just say xbox, everyone asks which one your talking about. I dunno why theres so much confusion with the name for the console : / Playstation seems to not have that problem.

Ah, I was just looking at that game like two days ago! I even thought about buying it, having a fascination with the Dreamcast, Ive been wanting to try Dino Crisis. But it was like 20$, which is like 5 times what original xbox games usually cost : / Is expensive for an xbox game.

I like the "for an xbox game", lo. The xbox is pretty much the cheapest obsolescent system to get games for right now, $20 is way on the lower end compared to any moderatly popular Dreamcast or SNES games.

Not that I recommend rushing to get Game Masterpiece Dino Crisis 3 (its bad reputation is entirely deserved), but I suspect it's going one of those games (with Gunvalkyrie and Panzer Dragoon Orta) that's going to uptike in price when xbox collectings becomes "cool". I got my complete copy for $15 but the disc is all dinged up

Yeah, thats actually one of the appealing things to me with xbox at the moment, its like the cheapest console ever : p Ive been trying to get as many games for it as I can. I dont have a whole lot yet. (I have Unreal Championship 1 and 2 (the two of them were like 5$ together : p) Morrowind, Metal Dungeon, and Kindgom Under Fire: The Crusaders, though the other one actually looks better : p)

Im sure the price will go up for it, I remember back when I collected up for the Gamecube like ten years ago, many of the games I got then were like half the price they are now : p Im hoping that it doesnt become big for collectors anytime soon : p

And ewww, thats kinda cheap : p Being beat up I mean. The game store I go to cleans and repairs all the stuff it buys, I dont even mind paying a couple extra dollars for it : p (Nothing they can do about the case, saldy. But they are smart enough not to buy games without cases : p)

And haha, I was actually just thinking about Gunvalkyrie today, actually! I really want that game, makes me think of Jet Force Gemini for the N64 : p Looks great.
(Dunno about Panzer Dragoon though, the graphics are way pretty but dunno how long I could be interested with an on rails shooter)

Ive heard about the pressing in the control stick to jump, yeah : p Thats a pretty terrible choice for use of buttons : p

Havent heard anything else about the controls, though. But I bet I like the game anyway : p

Back