Puyo Puyo

1) Schezo x Witch all the way, easily one of my big favorites. I saw Lagnus x Witch around as well and it's cute, but not something I personally ship.

Oh, OK. I also ship Schezo x Witch as well, though I don't mind Lagnus x Witch. Honestly, I had the headcanon Schezo x Witch is mostly a one-sided crush on Witch's part. Mostly, she ended up developing feelings for Schezo ever since he helped her rescue her grandmother from Dark Matter in Tower of the Magician.

2) Yeah, Powerful Lagnus (I think that's the name) has been around for a long time, I love that one too, though nothing will ever beat Vacation Lagnus.

Powerful Lagnus, that was it! So, isn't that version of Lagnus essentially his Yo~n incarnation added to Quest? Also, I know nothing beats Vacation Lagnus, but let us not forget Aloha Schezo and Vacation Satan...

3) I won't list every single one, since I used to write pretty much everything that came to my mind for a while, I will say that a majority of my writing makes Sig the center of attention, since he is my favorite character and the one I feel the most confident to write.

Wow, these are some interesting stories you have here. If you don't mind, I'd like to list my favorite stories on your list. Likewise, I would hope you'd add them to Fanfiction. net soon.

Alright, here's the list:

-A more humor based story in which Sig get's confused about one of Schezo's usual.....Schezo-isms and wonders how it could apply to himself and how he feels about Arle. (the humor comes from Sig's sheer innocence for the record)

-A Quest based story, featuring the ragtag bunch of misfits team of Sig, Lagnus, Jan, Baldanders and Panotty, going on Quests and trying to find a way out of the island, along with everyone else who got send there.

-A story in which Sig is a guest on Spaceship Tetra, pretty much there to come up with potential dynamics between him and the Tetris characters.

-A number of stories written for the whole purpose of Sig/Prince Salde bromance.

- A story where Lagnus, who is only a few EXP away from returning to adult form, struggles to find opportunities to do so, in a town as peaceful as Primp.

-A story in which Doppel and Strange Klug meet, basically trash talking each other and developing a ''I don't care what you do, but if you get in my way I'll kill you'' type of dynamic, while remaining composed and lax the entire time.

-A story centering around a party that takes place in the center of Primp, essentially an excuse to cram in as many character cameos as possible.

-A story where Schezo and Witch, after horrible day for both, agree to work together on a task offered by Lemres, which promises a reward they both want.

These stories REALLY look fun to read, so I hope you make them public soon.

BTW, remember awhile back when you asked me if I was a writer or if I had any ideas for stories of my own? Well, I do but I'm not confident in my writing abilities for the most part. Honestly, for Puyo Puyo I've had the following on my mind (I'd like to mention that at least the first of these is based off a fanfic I read while back, but it wasn't done well):

- A humorous fluff fic focusing on Panotty and Archan, where Panotty believes that he's figured out how Arle always beats Schezo in Puyo (He believes that Schezo shouting perverted things to her motivates her to win), resulting in Archan asking Panotty if he can do that to her when she challenges Arle to a game. Once Arle notices this, she makes Schezo come with her to have a LONG talk about saying "inappropriate" things around kids their age. Unfortunately, this also results in Panotty and Archan asking very..."uncomfortable" questions...

- Another humorous fic. After another bothersome encounter with Ecolo, Ringo decides to ask Rulue for self-defense lessons. This being said, Rulue REALLY puts Ringo through the wringer. Also, Minotauros ends up being forced to be the training dummy...

- A fic that takes place before the events of Yo~n. It basically explains just WHY Draco was more marital-arts oriented in Yo~n than in any other Puyo game. Draco, noticing her unusually high string of losses in beauty contests to Arle, decides to take up something that she knows Arle in't known to be proficient at. As such, she takes up marital arts again.

- An unlikely friendship fic between Lagnus meets the Fever-era cast. Raffine, Klug and Feli aren't impressed with him at first, but everyone else finds him to be a total badass, especially when he holds his own in a spar between him and Lemres...

- A sisterly relationship fic between Draco and Rider. Haven't totally worked out ALL of the details yet, but I will say Draco considers Rider more of a sister than Satan does.

- Witch is commissioned by Minotauros to make a weight-loss potion for Rulue, who's been crazy focused on doing so, for (who else?) Satan. However, Arle, Amitie, Ringo, Draco, Seriri, and Succubus also need various items from Witch, which just so happen to contribute to the weight-loss potion. Once Witch's potion works (a little TOO well as Minotauros loses almost ALL body mass), Mino decides to show it to Rulue who claims she'll work at it on her own. However, news of the potion working spreads like wildfire across the town, resulting in everyone (except for Arle, Amitie, Ringo, Draco, Seriri, and Succubus) buying from Witch, WITHOUT knowing the side-effects.

I have some, but for now, what do you think?

4) I'd like to say yes, but there is no way to tell if they would have been this lucky.

I guess you're right. Still though, it would be nice to see them return with those roles again.

puyokid said:
So, isn't that version of Lagnus essentially his Yo~n incarnation added to Quest?

It takes some cues from it, but it's not the same, the Yon version has a belt and is noticably puffier in appearence.

puyokid said:
I have some, but for now, what do you think?

Interesting ideas there, I especially like the first one and the Lagnus one, would be interesting to read em'.

And I do want to do something with those other fics at one point, but as of now my goal is to get out of the writers block that I have been stuck with for a while and I figured that a massive cleaning up of an existing one would be a good way to start, plus there are two more major factors:

1) It always felt wrong for me to have a Arle x Sig centered blog, without any reference to my written stuff, it especially became appearent to me earlier this week, when I recieved a new follower who also happens to be a fan of the pairing.

2) Putting it on Tumblr puts it closer to where I have my ''main audience'', which is important for me in terms of feedback, since I really want to make progress in evolving my writing style, especially after reading some well regarded fics from other fandoms for inspiration.

It takes some cues from it, but it's not the same, the Yon version has a belt and is noticeably puffier in appearance.

Oh, I see. Thanks for pointing that out. For the most part, Powerful Lagnus looks a little TOO much like his Yo~n incarnation, so I figured Lagnus from Yo~n was added to Quest in a similar manner to Witch from Yo~n.

Interesting ideas there, I especially like the first one and the Lagnus one, would be interesting to read em'.

Thanks! I really had to think on how they'd come across, you know.

And I do want to do something with those other fics at one point, but as of now my goal is to get out of the writers block that I have been stuck with for a while and I figured that a massive cleaning up of an existing one would be a good way to start, plus there are two more major factors:

1) It always felt wrong for me to have a Arle x Sig centered blog, without any reference to my written stuff, it especially became apparent to me earlier this week, when I received a new follower who also happens to be a fan of the pairing.

2) Putting it on Tumblr puts it closer to where I have my ''main audience'', which is important for me in terms of feedback, since I really want to make progress in evolving my writing style, especially after reading some well regarded fics from other fandoms for inspiration.

Well, I hope your writer's block goes away sooner than later. I really would like to read those fics you have lined up one day.

1) Hmm...when you put it like that, you make a good point there. I'm not gong to be biased and say that Arle x Sig shouldn't be a thing or anything of the sort. But you have to admit, a ship like that isn't exactly the most prominent ship in the series. That being said, I have to agree with you on moving your Arle x Sig content over to your main Tumblr blog.

2) Well...Actually, you should just read my first point.

BTW, I came across this adorable Puyo video, and I thought you might want to show it to your followers on Tumblr. One thing's for sure. This is pretty much a fanmade "bare-bones version" of what I'd want a Puyo anime to be (for the most part). Also, can I just say that I LOVE the shout-out to Sonic Adventure 2 (and its script)? The only criticism I have is that the short should have used PUYO music instead of Bomberman music.

puyokid said:
I'm not gong to be biased and say that Arle x Sig shouldn't be a thing or anything of the sort. But you have to admit, a ship like that isn't exactly the most prominent ship in the series.
Not sure what you mean by ''a ship like that'' but yeah, it ain't one of the most common ships around the block, but so what? I don't see any reason why that should bother me or whether or not I should feel wrong in liking it (not saying you suggested this, I'm just talking in general), I enjoy it because I like seeing them together and can totally see them that way, that's all there is to it, every Puyo fan in the world could conspire to hate it and I'd still stand behind it.

puyokid said:
BTW, I came across this adorable Puyo video, and I thought you might want to show it to your followers on Tumblr. One thing's for sure. This is pretty much a fanmade "bare-bones version" of what I'd want a Puyo anime to be (for the most part).
Heh, way ahead of you on that one.

Edit: To move away to something else, yah think they are going to keep a polygonal look ala' Chronicle for future games? I think they should.

Last edited:
For the record, if it seemed like I'm angry I'm really not, just to make it clear, given how....out there these kinds of discussions can be.

I was just talking on a general level, I'd never snap at someone over something like this.

Like seriously I'm sorry if it came off angry, I'm just used to having to defend myself over this in private asks (while things have been mostly cool there is always the occassional twat who thinks I should feel bad for liking a ''lesser'' pairing), so perhaps it may have come of irritated when I didn't mean for that to be the case.

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean by ''a ship like that'' but yeah, it ain't one of the most common ships around the block, but so what? I don't see any reason why that should bother me or whether or not I should feel wrong in liking it (not saying you suggested this, I'm just talking in general), I enjoy it because I like seeing them together and can totally see them that way, that's all there is to it, every Puyo fan in the world could conspire to hate it and I'd still stand behind it.

For the record, if it seemed like I'm angry I'm really not, just to make it clear, given how....out there these kinds of discussions can be.

I was just talking on a general level, I'd never snap at someone over something like this.

Like seriously I'm sorry if it came off angry, I'm just used to having to defend myself over this in private asks (while things have been mostly cool there is always the occasional twat who thinks I should feel bad for liking a ''lesser'' pairing), so perhaps it may have come of irritated when I didn't mean for that to be the case.

Oh, please don't feel like you have to defend yourself. Heck, this was exactly why I wanted to make myself as clear as I could on how you are free to support ANY ship you want. For example, because of 15th Anniversary, I support (believe it or not) Sig x Rulue, and we know that ship would seem pretty unlikely most by standards (because of various reasons)...Heck, there's even more ships I prefer that I'm sure most wouldn't see as likely, but the point is, it's my ships to support.

Edit: To move away to something else, you think they are going to keep a polygonal look ala' Chronicles for future games? I think they should.

Honestly, I REALLY hope that the series DOES stay in 3D from here on out. It would feel like a bit of a step backwards if they went right back to 2D for the very next game. Heck, at least if they went by Chronicles' RPG mode, the idea of ONLY going from battle to battle would get WAAAY less repetitive. I feel like BOX and Chronicles both show that Puyo Puyo could really work in a free-roaming 3D environment. Also, if I'm being honest, the cast (IMO) REALLY works well in 3D. Better than I thought, actually. I don't suppose you have any specific opinions?

puyokid said:
Oh, please don't feel like you have to defend yourself. Heck, this was exactly why I wanted to make myself as clear as I could on how you are free to support ANY ship you want. For example, because of 15th Anniversary, I support (believe it or not) Sig x Rulue, and we know that ship would seem pretty unlikely most by standards (because of various reasons)...Heck, there's even more ships I prefer that I'm sure most wouldn't see as likely, but the point is, it's my ships to support.
Sig x Rulue eh? Well, believe it or not:
tumblr_mlbrlogoMf1rr29gyo1_500.png

I have seen that one before and I can see where it comes from, considering some of the things Rulue says towards him in her 15th Story.

To be honest, apart from Arle/Sig most Sig ships that get my attention tend to be cracky in nature, I mentioned Doppel/Sig before, but I also have an odd liking for Sig/Draco, from a opposites attract kind of standpoint.

puyokid said:
I don't suppose you have any specific opinions?
I really hope they stick with 3D visuals, but I'd like it if they dropped the chibi style for more accurate proportions, I mean it's cute and it works, but I find something very off putting about seeing characters like Feli and Ms.Accord having essentially the exact same size.

Last edited:
Sig x Rulue eh? Well, believe it or not:
index.php

I have seen that one before and I can see where it comes from, considering some of the things Rulue says towards him in her 15th Story.

There's a part of me that admittedly WANTS to be Sig right now, and another part of me that's thinking..."age difference". Just...age difference.

Still, I should clarify on my Sig x Rulue pairing that it wouldn't be straight-up romantic, as much as it would be more flirting on Rulue's part and Sig's just wondering "Is she OK? She seems to be looking at my arm real funny...". He WOULD admit that she's certainly the prettiest female he's ever met, but that'd be as far as any attraction on his side would go.

To be honest, apart from Arle/Sig most Sig ships that get my attention tend to be cracky in nature, I mentioned Doppel/Sig before, but I also have an odd liking for Sig/Draco, from a opposites attract kind of standpoint.

Sig x Draco, huh? Out of curiosity, I don't suppose you have a fic based on that pairing do you?

Also, I have a few myself, but I don't know if they'd be considered "cracky" in nature. I should mention that quite a few involve Lagnus, BTW.

Lagnus x Draco - Despite Lagnus being a "monster slayer" for the most part, he WOULD be attracted to Draco, slightly for her cute looks, and mostly for her brave personality. In Draco's case, she'd find Lagnus to be kind of a hunk. She'd even find his whole "age-regression" thing a bit off-putting at first, but otherwise, she'd find it adorable much to his annoyance.

Lagnus x Raffine - Lagnus wouldn't be into Raffine THAT way, as she's a bit...young for him. Raffine, on the other hand would practically hero-worship Lagnus. Basically, think of Rulue and Satan or even Lemres and Feli. The whole "age-regression" thing WOULD be a bit of a turn-off for her, however...

Lagnus x Kikimora - I don't know why, but I can see this happening. For the most part, Kikimora would become an admirer of him and his heroics. Lagnus however, is a bit shy around her and thanks her for her continued support. He'd probably feel...SOMETHING for Kikimora, but he's a bit shy on acting on it.

Lagnus x Witch - Witch would develop a crush on Lagnus, but he would be (for the most part) clueless to any advances on her part.

Sig x Witch - After 20th Anniversary, the two would get along MUCH better than they did before.

I really hope they stick with 3D visuals, but I'd like it if they dropped the chibi style for more accurate proportions, I mean it's cute and it works, but I find something very off putting about seeing characters like Feli and Ms.Accord having essentially the exact same size.

Yeah, that about sums up what I'd want from the series from here on out as well. You know what's funny? Despite the complaints for the overall changes made to the appearances of the Puyo cast, I actually LOVED EVERYONE'S look in PPT. Everyone's proportions were WAY more accurate to each other, and considering that PPT is said to supposedly take place a year and a half after 20th Anniversary, I think it works pretty well for the most part.

Honestly, it did sort of annoy at first me how Chronicles (the first ACTUAL 3D Puyo game) went right back to their 20th Anniversary looks instead of keeping their PPT incarnations around.

Heck, from 20th Anniversary to PPT, it was like everyone in the cast went through as big of a change as much as the cast of SUN did to the events of Yo~n.

Last edited:
puyokid said:
There's a part of me that admittedly WANTS to be Sig right now, and another part of me that's thinking..."age difference". Just...age difference.

Still, I should clarify on my Sig x Rulue pairing that it wouldn't be straight-up romantic, as much as it would be more flirting on Rulue's part and Sig's just wondering "Is she OK? She seems to be looking at my arm real funny...". He WOULD admit that she's certainly the prettiest female he's ever met, but that'd be as far as any attraction on his side would go.
Yeah, that's how I would see it as well, I'd like to say that it's because I can't see her feeling THAT way about anyone but Satan and yah know I do, but at the same time I'm also a Rulue x Demon Servant fan...so yeah, kinda complicated and Sig would be the kinda guy that would have the hardest time to pick up on flirting, I often kinda like to headcanon him as someone who easily attracts the attention of girls around him and never noticing any of it, no matter how blatant it gets.

Also, I know you are likely already sick of me saying it, but sorry if I came off in a bad way yesterday, trust me, this kind this kind of behavior over shipping is something I usually try to avoid at all costs.

puyokid said:
Sig x Draco, huh? Out of curiosity, I don't suppose you have a fic based on that pairing do you?
As of now no, I did consider it several times, but it always got sidelined by other ideas, maybe one of these days.

Speaking of writing, I didn't actually start on my rewrite for AotT until today, since I was hit with a cold during the weekend, which made me too loopy to write, I won't set another deadline thought, because I don't know when I will have the energy and creativity to write after work and when not.

puyokid said:
Lagnus x Draco - Despite Lagnus being a "monster slayer" for the most part, he WOULD be attracted to Draco, slightly for her cute looks, and mostly for her brave personality. In Draco's case, she'd find Lagnus to be kind of a hunk. She'd even find his whole "age-regression" thing a bit off-putting at first, but otherwise, she'd find it adorable much to his annoyance.

Lagnus x Raffine - Lagnus wouldn't be into Raffine THAT way, as she's a bit...young for him. Raffine, on the other hand would practically hero-worship Lagnus. Basically, think of Rulue and Satan or even Lemres and Feli. The whole "age-regression" thing WOULD be a bit of a turn-off for her, however...

Lagnus x Kikimora - I don't know why, but I can see this happening. For the most part, Kikimora would become an admirer of him and his heroics. Lagnus however, is a bit shy around her and thanks her for her continued support. He'd probably feel...SOMETHING for Kikimora, but he's a bit shy on acting on it.

Lagnus x Witch - Witch would develop a crush on Lagnus, but he would be (for the most part) clueless to any advances on her part.

Sig x Witch - After 20th Anniversary, the two would get along MUCH better than they did before.
Oh dude Lagnus x Kikimora is another huuuge one for me, I'm not sure how I started to like it, but it's always been near the top for me as one I really like.

Sig x Witch is one I lost some thought on as well and heck, Chronicle showed that there seems to be no bad blood between them despite that one incident, so yeah, it's not unplausible.

puyokid said:
Yeah, that about sums up what I'd want from the series from here on out as well. You know what's funny? Despite the complaints for the overall changes made to the appearances of the Puyo cast, I actually LOVED EVERYONE'S look in PPT. Everyone's proportions were WAY more accurate to each other, and considering that PPT is said to supposedly take place a year and a half after 20th Anniversary, I think it works pretty well for the most part. Heck, from 20th Anniversary to PPT, it felt as big of a timeskip as SUN to Yo~n.
I loved most of the design tweaks as well, particulary how Sig, Klug and Raffine went back to something closer to their Fever series designs or how Satan had his usual color scheme back, for some reason I also really like Arle with the slightly longer hair, I guess it may be because it makes her look slightly older then usual, which I honestly dig.

Yeah, that's how I would see it as well, I'd like to say that it's because I can't see her feeling THAT way about anyone but Satan and you know I do, but at the same time I'm also a Rulue x Demon Servant fan...so yeah, kinda complicated and Sig would be the kinda guy that would have the hardest time to pick up on flirting, I often kinda like to headcanon him as someone who easily attracts the attention of girls around him and never noticing any of it, no matter how blatant it gets.

Yeah, that's the other thing. When I said see her flirting with Sig, I meant STRICTLY flirting with him. Just like you, I can't see RULUE of all people actually falling for Sig (or anyone else, for that matter).

Still, I've also had the headcanon that Sig certainly would have an unbelievably difficult time trying to pick up on a girl trying to hit on him.

As a matter of fact, I've always had the headcanon that BOTH Sig AND Maguro seem to have this "ability" to have girls flock to them, even when they're not trying to. Granted, the difference in Maguro's case is his looks are (more often than not) what truly get him results. Whereas with Sig, it's a 100% guarantee that girls would flock to him, and he's too spacey to act on it. That being said, I feel like Amitie x Sig would be all the more adorable to me.

Also, I know you are likely already sick of me saying it, but sorry if I came off in a bad way yesterday, trust me, this kind this kind of behavior over shipping is something I usually try to avoid at all costs.

Hey you don't have to worry about it. Seriously, I wasn't getting any bad vibes off of you telling me about it.

As of now no, I did consider it several times, but it always got sidelined by other ideas, maybe one of these days.

Well, I hope to see a fic one day! It's funny, the more we talk about it, the more I support Sig x Draco.

Speaking of writing, I didn't actually start on my rewrite for AotT until today, since I was hit with a cold during the weekend, which made me too loopy to write, I won't set another deadline thought, because I don't know when I will have the energy and creativity to write after work and when not.

Well, whenever you're ready, go for it. No rush.

Oh dude, Lagnus x Kikimora is another huuuge one for me, I'm not sure how I started to like it, but it's always been near the top for me as one I really like.

I know, right? I won't lie, I think it was a combination of reading this REALLY good Madou Monogatari fanfic (I'll post the link below) I came across and the cast artwork for Puyo Puyo~n seen below in the spoiler tab that got me to support the idea of Lagnus x Kikimora.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11709194/1/Madou-Monogatari-Saturn-A-retelling - the link to the fic.

C3oIsAZUoAAyTmg.jpg

Sig x Witch is one I lost some thought on as well and heck, Chronicles showed that there seems to be no bad blood between them despite that one incident, so yeah, it's not implausible.

Oh, really? So it's canon that Sig and Witch no longer have any bad blood between them over his pet ladybug anymore?

I loved most of the design tweaks as well, particulary how Sig, Klug and Raffine went back to something closer to their Fever series designs or how Satan had his usual color scheme back, for some reason I also really like Arle with the slightly longer hair, I guess it may be because it makes her look slightly older then usual, which I honestly dig.

Exactly! I love how everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) is proportioned SOOO much more better than ever before since the series' soft reboot in 2004. The fact all of the pre-teen/teenage characters (Arle, Draco, Witch, the Primp kids (Rider included), and the Suzuran kids) actually look like they've gotten quite the growth spurt was a big plus in my book. I especially love Arle with long hair. It shows Puyo Puyo ISN'T stuck on a time loop, and if I'm being honest? She pulls off the look really well. For real, it bothered me how Chronicles seemed to do away with all of that.

Also.....Rulue x Demon Servant? Well, each to their own...

As a matter of fact, that reminds me...

Madou Monogatari: Uchū Jigoku - Check out the second chapter of this. It's....certainly picking up. Honestly, BIG props to JelliPuddi with all of this world-building, I can honestly picture Arle's world becoming nothing short of a Crapsack world after she and the majority of the cast were whisked away to Primp and/or Suzuran, resulting in someone as strong as the Count being left to his own devices to essentially take over the majority of the planet, and no one is strong enough to keep the villains of that world in line. It's essentially Gotham City on a REAAALLY bad day, AND Batman's not around to keep the place in check.

Last edited:
puyokid said:
As a matter of fact, I've always had the headcanon that BOTH Sig AND Maguro seem to have this "ability" to have girls flock to them, even when they're not trying to. Granted, the difference in Maguro's case is his looks are (more often than not) what truly get him results. Whereas with Sig, it's a 100% guarantee that girls would flock to him, and he's too spacey to act on it. That being said, I feel like Amitie x Sig would be all the more adorable to me.
Yah know, considering Satan's wannabe womanizer tendncies in SUN I kinda like to imagine a scenario with this headcanon where Satan tries to find out the ''secret'' to just how Sig does it, not to mention my take on it would totally involve Arle as one of the girls that are enamored with Sig, so imagine THAT bout of childish jealousy on the Dark Prince's part.

puyokid said:
I know, right? I won't lie, I think it was a combination of reading this REALLY good Madou Monogatari fanfic (I'll post the link below) I came across and the cast artwork for Puyo Puyo~n seen below in the spoiler tab that got me to support the idea of Lagnus x Kikimora.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11709194/1/Madou-Monogatari-Saturn-A-retelling - the link to the fic.
Heh, funny that you are showing me this, because the author of the fic is a good friend of mine, in fact it's this fic and some conversations with him that got me into trying to write myself.

puyokid said:
Oh, really? So it's canon that Sig and Witch no longer have any bad blood between them over his pet ladybug anymore?
It's never referenced and the two do have two short bits of interaction, which are peaceful, so I doubt there is any permanent bad blood there.

puyokid said:
Exactly! I love how everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) is proportioned SOOO much more better than ever before since the series' soft reboot in 2004. The fact all of the pre-teen/teenage characters (Arle, Draco, Witch, the Primp kids (Rider included), and the Suzuran kids) actually look like they've gotten quite the growth spurt was a big plus in my book. I especially love Arle with long hair. It shows Puyo Puyo ISN'T stuck on a time loop, and if I'm being honest? She pulls off the look really well. For real, it bothered me how Chronicles seemed to do away with all of that.
I like the 20th designs, but I myself would have preffered for them to stick with the PPT designs.

You know I mentioned Arle seeming older, but that seems to be general thing with PPT, on top of everyone seeming taller like you said, I mean look at Klug:
klug.png

I can't put my finger on it, but there is SOMETHING about the way he is drawn that makes him look older then usual. Either way I like it, the idea of the characters showing slight signs of aging with subtle details in design is a great touch.

Last edited:
@puyokid
Sorry but likewise with my other project I don't feel like finishing it. I really shouldn't have accepted this request in the first place. Making some random person on the internet that I don't even know happy isn't enough motivation for me to do this sort of thing.

Yah know, considering Satan's wannabe womanizer tendencies in SUN I kinda like to imagine a scenario with this headcanon where Satan tries to find out the ''secret'' to just how Sig does it, not to mention my take on it would totally involve Arle as one of the girls that are enamored with Sig, so imagine THAT bout of childish jealousy on the Dark Prince's part.

....And yet Sig STILL won't have an answer AND Satan would STILL be hounding him for suggestions.

Heh, funny that you are showing me this, because the author of the fic is a good friend of mine, in fact it's this fic and some conversations with him that got me into trying to write myself.

Oh, for real? Hey, have you gotten in contact with him recently? A lot of us on FanFiction.net have been wondering if he's ever going to continue his Madou Monogatari fic for months now. It stopped on somewhat of a cliffhanger.

It's never referenced and the two do have two short bits of interaction, which are peaceful, so I doubt there is any permanent bad blood there.

I guess...but at the same time, Puyo Puyo (as of recent) seems to be a bit vague in terms of continuity. I mean, that whole "altercation" really just felt like a one-off story, like the majority of the events of 20th Anniversary.

I like the 20th designs, but I myself would have preferred for them to stick with the PPT designs.
You know, I mentioned Arle seeming older, but that seems to be a general thing with PPT, on top of everyone seeming taller like you said, I mean look at Klug:
index.php

I can't put my finger on it, but there is SOMETHING about the way he is drawn that makes him look older then usual. Either way I like it, the idea of the characters showing slight signs of aging with subtle touches in design is a great touch.

Yeah, this is one of the things I really enjoyed about PPT. I even notice what you mean on how characters like Klug even look more distinctly older than usual in this game.

@puyokid
Sorry but likewise with my other project I don't feel like finishing it. I really shouldn't have accepted this request in the first place. Making some random person on the internet that I don't even know happy isn't enough motivation for me to do this sort of thing.

*sigh* Well, all right. I'm not going to force you if you don't want to do it. Still, can you at least tell me if you happened to have made any progress past the pages you posted? If not, I won't mind.

BTW, has anyone checked out the BTVA website page on Puyo Puyo Tetris?

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/video-games/Puyo-Puyo-Tetris/

So far, I am LOVING the English VA choices. ESPECIALLY the 'A' Trio, Risukuma, and Satan. I'll give my full opinions when the full English cast is revealed.

puyokid said:
....And yet Sig STILL won't have an answer AND Satan would STILL be hounding him for suggestions.
Hehe, Sig won't ever hear the end of that one, won't he?

puyokid said:
Oh, for real? Hey, have you gotten in contact with him recently? A lot of us on FanFiction.net have been wondering if he's ever going to continue his Madou Monogatari fic for months now. It stopped on somewhat of a cliffhanger.
I can ask him one of these days, the thing is that he has been rather busy for a while now and wanted to focus the freetime he has on getting better at drawing, now that he has a drawing tablet, as well as a few other hobbys.

As of now I'm not sure on whether or not he has the fic on his mind and I understand that it's been a while, but the best thing I can tell you is just to be patient, I have actually been interested to do some sort collab with him for a while now, but yah know, I wanna let him do what he wants and just come to me when he's ready, then again I haven't even gotten around to asking him yet, due to my own writers block.

puyokid said:
*sigh* Well, all right. I'm not going to force you if you don't want to do it. Still, can you at least tell me if you happened to have made any progress past the pages you posted? If not, I won't mind.
I don't think he will, he left the forums earlier and I doubt he's coming back.

Well, today's the day for the North American release of Puyo Puyo Tetris, and I picked up my Pre-Order.

Apparently, I got the last PS4 copy they had. I dunno what that means for the actual sales, but I wonder...

Hehe, Sig won't ever hear the end of that one, won't he?

*sigh* No....no, he will not.

I can ask him one of these days, the thing is that he has been rather busy for a while now and wanted to focus the free-time he has on getting better at drawing, now that he has a drawing tablet, as well as a few other hobbies.

As of now I'm not sure on whether or not he has the fic on his mind and I understand that it's been a while, but the best thing I can tell you is just to be patient, I have actually been interested to do some sort collab with him for a while now, but you know, I wanna let him do what he wants and just come to me when he's ready, then again I haven't even gotten around to asking him yet, due to my own writers block.

Oh, I see. Well, whenever he's less busy. Still, I hope he hasn't completely forgotten about that fic. I can certainly say that alongside JelliPuddi's Madou fic, his story is one of the most enticing fics I've that were about MM and/or Puyo Puyo.

I don't think he will, he left the forums earlier and I doubt he's coming back.

Really? I don't want to seem nosy, but...well, is he alright?

puyokid said:
Oh, I see. Well, whenever he's less busy. Still, I hope he hasn't completely forgotten about that fic. I can certainly say that alongside JelliPuddi's Madou fic, his story is one of the most enticing fics I've that were about MM and/or Puyo Puyo.
I'm sure he hasn't forgotten, again, just give it some time.

puyokid said:
Really? I don't want to seem nosy, but...well, is he alright?
He is, the forums just aren't doing anything for him anymore.

But yeah, two more days until PPT arrives in europe, kinda funny to see ads from stores nearby feature Puyo among the upcoming games, after so many years of nothing.

Alright, I just got it! (Had it for a day already; a bit late in posting this, but whatever)

Really hard at some parts in the story, but I'm at Act 7 now. Fusion play is really weird.

Gotta say the writing in this version is well done.

Oh the writing in the localization is fantastic, on one hand I'm not surprised since Minna was already really good in that regard as well, but after years of fan translations which are accurate, but a bit dry I can't help but really notice that extra spunk in the official translation.

Also :
tumblr_op0anwPCsM1uvmnzoo3_1280.png

tumblr_op0anwPCsM1uvmnzoo4_1280.png

Mah boi is still wonderful as ever.

Back