Ripping WL3 sprites (lots of unused sprites found)

Hum, if memory serves me right, there's a few unused tiles in that sheet as well.
I'm not seeing anything...
There was a weird sprite, turns out it's just the lower "jaw" of the evil-looking tree for when it opens up. Other than that, not really.

Anybody got any idea if this was used anywhere?
mystery wah.png

It was among the flat wario/rolling sprites.

I meant that you ripped some tiles that are unused on the real cutscene. =P
On the eyes sheet? If you mean the last two panels, that wasn't in the files, that was just me fooling around. :STongue3:
Actually, if you look at Wario's animation when he falls during the golf course, perhaps one of the frames could have been replaced by the one you showed:
cv9KilW.png

The animation goes like this (slowed down to 25% speed):
QABRu0J.gif

That's where I thought it could've been used as well but as you showed, it's not there.
Another possibility would've been that there was supposed to be an animation for wario starting to roll, instead of having just one sliding sprite which turns into the roll immediately. There's also a version of that sliding sprite with the regular expression rotated 90° which would support that theory. They can only flip sprites, not rotate them.
My guess is that animation would've looked weird on small slopes or that it would've been too distracting when you're supposed to make quick jumps right after starting the roll, so they ditched it.

On the eyes sheet? If you mean the last two panels, that wasn't in the files, that was just me fooling around. :STongue3:
Bravo, you totally fooled me. xD
By the way, how do you make such clean gifts of gameplay? Teach me, Senpai! :S8'D:
I use a program called ShareX to record GIFs, that same software also allows uploading to imgur. It has a truckload of features.
I use BGB for gameboy emulation (it emulates gameboy games way better than Visual Boy Advance), it has a slowdown feature as well.

Which, leads me to the question: how did you create your clean-looking Wario gifs?

I use a program called ShareX to record GIFs, that same software also allows uploading to imgur. It has a truckload of features.
I use BGB for gameboy emulation (it emulates gameboy games way better than Visual Boy Advance), it has a slowdown feature as well.
Ooooh, I'll check that out. I've been looking for a way to record pixel perfect clean footage/gifs of pixel art games.
Which, leads me to the question: how did you create your clean-looking Wario gifs?
Well, I basically recreate them in photoshop. For the owl one I took a bunch of screenshots, removed the background and then placed them in the right order and place again and animated it with the timeline feature.

Well, I basically recreate them in photoshop. For the owl one I took a bunch of screenshots, removed the background and then placed them in the right order and place again and animated it with the timeline feature.
Never knew photoshop had a feature to make animated gifs. I'll check that out, thanks!

Looks good! Can't wait to see all the other cutscene graphics ripped from this game! Or reassembled and animated for that matter!

Bravo, you totally fooled me. xD

A bit off topic but I wanted to point out the reason for BGB being better is because it uses the Gambattle core for GB/GBC games which is the most accurate.

Back