So, how could the Nintendo Switch best use a new Wario title?

What would you like to see from a new Wario title?

• WarioWare or a similar spin-off title

• A new Wario Land!

• A new game with a Wario World style of play

• A completely new way to hunt for treasure and/or gain fame and glory

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shokora

MarioWiki
With the Nintendo Switch revealed, how do you think a true handheld/home console hybrid may be used for new Wario titles? Would you like to see another WarioWare or similar spin-off title? Or perhaps even a new Wario Land platformer, which would look great on both a handheld screen like the classic instalments, as well as the big and bold television screen as Shake It! left the series with.

Anyone hoping for a Wario World-esque sequel instead?

The last poll option is intriguing, although I'm not sure how that could be done. For now, I'll say a new Wario Land, but a great new concept involving collecting coins and treasure would be interesting. Of course, it would have to be done right considering Game and Wario wasn't very successful.

An brand new Wario Land/World title that squeezes every bit out of the console and is guaranteed to entertain you for many hours! (But I will be glad with something else Wario-related as well.)

Makes you wonder just how aware Nintendo are of the strong dislike for Smash Bros Wario (among fans).

Would they actually dare to use that interpretation in a Wario Land/World title? Would they even acknowledge the huge backlash, and fix the character? Or would they treat us like spoiled brats and say "if you don't like our new Wario, you get NO Wario at all".

The only "fart" joke in the games I even remember (if it could even count) is in Shake It, after being idle and letting out a laugh, you hear a barely audiable "ppt" from Wario. It was a long time ago when I tried to emulate it on my old crappy computer though.

Yes, I get Wario's comic relief essentially in Japan but even they showed his "badass" side, ESPECIALLY in Wario World which was a commercial success for gods sake:

The only "fart" joke in the games I even remember (if it could even count) is in Shake It, after being idle and letting out a laugh, you hear a barely audiable "ppt" from Wario. It was a long time ago when I tried to emulate it on my old crappy computer though.

Yes, I get Wario's comic relief essentially in Japan but even they showed his "badass" side, ESPECIALLY in Wario World which was a commercial success for gods sake:

I used to think that was a "fart" in Shake It!, but now I kinda doubt it. Charles Martinet makes that exact same noise whenever he does Wario's voice in public (he's ALWAYS blowing raspberries for some reason!)

Anyway, Wario World was not a commercial success compared to other titles, sadly. The video below is cleaner and has the short and long commercials. Skip to 0:27 for some random poop. Japan loves poop with Wario (they even included free golden poop stickers in the Japanese Wario World box).

Last edited:
I'm sure Wario will come back, how though, is a mistery. I expect something along the lines of Game & Wario, but I'd hope for an actual WarioWare game. I don't think they'll release a Wario Land, although that'd be the best if they did... I really wish to see Wario Land coming back.
And WarioWorld is over, I don't think Nintendo will even consider the idea.
Could be something new, like I said, along the lines of Game & Wario... I wouldn't mind, at least it's Wario.
As long as it's a Wario title and it's good, I'm down with it. I kinda lost hope for anything great.

I would prefer a Wario World like Game or in 3 Dimensional Graphics.
But i am open for any kind of Wario Games.

And for the case that they make Wario gross: I don't mind if they make him a little bit gross. They just shouldn't overdo it. But i honestly never found him too gross.
The only thing that bothered me in Smash was that they left out his signature attack.

In the Wario Mangas he was kinda a mix out of both versions. He had his Badass moments but also his gross moments. He defeated the Winter Windster by mooning him and literary shat on one of his Enemies. I also assume that he was more comically inspired.

I would prefer a Wario World like Game or in 3 Dimensional Graphics.
But i am open for any kind of Wario Games.

And for the case that they make Wario gross: I don't mind if they make him a little bit gross. They just shouldn't overdo it. But i honestly never found him too gross.
The only thing that bothered me in Smash was that they left out his signature attack.

In the Wario Mangas he was kinda a mix out of both versions. He had his Badass moments but also his gross moments. He defeated the Winter Windster by mooning him and literary shat on one of his Enemies. I also assume that he was more comically inspired.

He what??? Bloody hell....
The more I dig into Japan's humour and their marketing version of Wario, the more put off I am. I think Master of Disguise was my preferred limit. It talked about toilet humour, but it didn't actually have farts and other body language. I grew up loving Boogerman for that stuff, not Wario. Wario Land had nothing of the sort.

He what??? Bloody hell....
The more I dig into Japan's humour and their marketing version of Wario, the more put off I am. I think Master of Disguise was my preferred limit. It talked about toilet humour, but it didn't actually have farts and other body language. I grew up loving Boogerman for that stuff, not Wario. Wario Land had nothing of the sort.
The Thing that i found particular Strange was when Wario found Count Cannoli frozen and PISSED on him to thaw him and the Count WAS OKAY WITH THAT!

But don't worry. They didn't overdo the gross Moments. They don't happen that often.

Last edited:
Back