Depends on the condition and rarity of the model. The GBC and GBA had a LOT of limited edition models throughout the world, I believe. This model for example, was exclusive here in Australia...

Gameboy-Color-Limited-Edition-Ozzie-Australia-Version-with.jpg
It was a regular seemingly new GBC. Everything looked OK and I didn't see any wear or scratches.

Do you guys think buying a GameBoy Color for $40 is worth it?
I'd say yes. That is, however, not based on how much I think GBC's usually get sold for (as I never look for offers as I've had one for most of my life), but based on how much I value mine.
I've got to ask, though: have you got any other original Gameboys, GBC's or GBA's?
All GBC games can be played on GBA, after all, and almost all can be played on GBA SP. However, I still often play GBC games on GBC instead of GBA SP, because the colours are more faithful and it feels more fitting. Plus, I won't have to worry about charging with the GBC, as it uses regular AA batteries and one set can last a very long while.

I'd say yes. That is, however, not based on how much I think GBC's usually get sold for (as I never look for offers as I've had one for most of my life), but based on how much I value mine.
I've got to ask, though: have you got any other original Gameboys, GBC's or GBA's?
All GBC games can be played on GBA, after all, and almost all can be played on GBA SP. However, I still often play GBC games on GBC instead of GBA SP, because the colours are more faithful and it feels more fitting. Plus, I won't have to worry about charging with the GBC, as it uses regular AA batteries and one set can last a very long while.
I don't. I haven't touched a classic Gameboy in years. I want to start a collection, too.

Reactions: 607
I think that my local game store sells them for cheaper than that, like 20$-30$. Id imagine you could find a better deal than that.

Im not really an expert, though.
You've got a local game store selling GBC's? d:eek:
Anyway, I looked on eBay, and actually found most ones priced above €40,- which is quite a bit over $40,-. There are some for lower too, but they have very high sending fees.
So I do still think $40,- wouldn't be a big deal, if you actually want it, and aren't just looking to make a profit off it by reselling it.

over 40$ Thats how much my game store charges for GBA. Wow.

And yeah I have a few here in my town, they are used game stores, they buy and sell used games, meaning that you can get any kind of from any era from them if they have it. Theres one in particular I like the best though.

Reactions: 607
over 40$ Thats how much my game store charges for GBA. Wow.

And yeah I have a few here in my town, they are used game stores, they buy and sell used games, meaning that you can get any kind of from any era from them if they have it. Theres one in particular I like the best though.
I wish I had one... I mean, there's a game store, but I think they're mostly selling ps4 and xbox one. I never go there, as I get intimidated by all of the huge 18+ posters and the people inside.

So Im even more bummed out right now

I used a part of my tax return this year to get some Dreamcast games I really wanted. One of them was Grandia 2. I was looking through my purchases just now. On the profile for the copy of Grandia 2, it shows the case, the manual, and the disk.

See?

91GDOYmtqqL._SX522_.jpg

Well, I scrolled down to item description, and just saw this-

"Disc(s) only. Ships in generic case. Disc(s) are professoinally cleaned. Guaranteed functional or replacement."

Im usually pretty good at making sure any game I buy comes complete with the case. I do not buy games that dont have a case. And I even remember making sure to do it this time, too. I had to go through more than one page to make sure I found a copy of Skies of Arcadia complete with case.
I dunno if they only put this on some clickable link so that no one would see or what. But the most frustrating part is that this isnt even cheaper than copies that come complete with case and manual. So not only was I decieved to buy a copy lacking its case, I paid the same price for it as I would have if I had bought the complete version.

Im pretty unhappy about this. And I dont understand why someone would show a picture of an item thats NOT the item they are selling.

I don't know, honestly, I wouldn't trust someone who posts a picture of something he's not selling.
I once saw someone sell an NES Clone, but using the picture of an official NES. I mean, come on, is it really that hard to not false advertise your stuff?

So Im even more bummed out right now

I used a part of my tax return this year to get some Dreamcast games I really wanted. One of them was Grandia 2. I was looking through my purchases just now. On the profile for the copy of Grandia 2, it shows the case, the manual, and the disk.

See?

91GDOYmtqqL._SX522_.jpg

Well, I scrolled down to item description, and just saw this-

"Disc(s) only. Ships in generic case. Disc(s) are professoinally cleaned. Guaranteed functional or replacement."

Im usually pretty good at making sure any game I buy comes complete with the case. I do not buy games that dont have a case. And I even remember making sure to do it this time, too. I had to go through more than one page to make sure I found a copy of Skies of Arcadia complete with case.
I dunno if they only put this on some clickable link so that no one would see or what. But the most frustrating part is that this isnt even cheaper than copies that come complete with case and manual. So not only was I decieved to buy a copy lacking its case, I paid the same price for it as I would have if I had bought the complete version.

Im pretty unhappy about this. And I dont understand why someone would show a picture of an item thats NOT the item they are selling.

I'm sorry to hear that, Mona. It's disgraceful. And I'm ashamed to say it's happened to me more than once. Sometimes you spy a picture of something rare, and you want it so badly you just snap it up before anyone else can - only to have your jaw hit the floor when you check the vague description later. I got hoodwinked out of $70 once.

You have to become a detective to avoid deceitful merchants, so you've got solid ground to lodge a formal complaint.

@The Big Magma I dont think so, like even if I managed to get a refund, my experience is that refunds on amazon dont really work at all with pre-pay cards (I dont like using my debit card online), so I think Ill just have to take it.

And ouch, that really bites Angler. Im definitely gonna leave this guy a nasty review. And eventually down the line Ill sell this copy for like 10$ and put it to getting the complete version of the game.

The good news, I got three of the games I ordered, and they are all in very good condition and it made me happy : p Oh and I got Three Mile Pilots latest album, which is the one I wanted the least, but Im still happy to have it : p

I'm curious to find out if people really hated the Bomberman Act Zero design will they love ultra kawaii school girl Bomberman??? It'a both tacky and hilarious.

1488734721157.png

I like the art style, like I think its cute and all : p Though, knowing the Bomberman series, I feel like this has absolutely nothing to do with Bomberman : p

Oh! Guess what? You guys know how I was upset about the Grandia 2 thing? Well it came in the mail, and it was that very picture I showed you, the case the manuel and even the music disk, haha I have NO idea why it said that on the purchase information page, but like I said, I was certain that I looked and made sure it had a complete caee : p

Ill be taking pictures of everything I got and sharing them with you guys once they all come in : p Well not all of them cuz some dont come in until like april, but Ill share them when the last few for now come in.

Glad you were able to get your Grandia games it would have been crappy to not get what you have purchased. It'd be neat to see the art inside the manual, make sure to enjoy. It's another game I was interested in but with no Dreamcast it seems hard to get but I don't think those systems are that expensive are they.

Yeah it's just the Bomberman label probably wanting to get money off of it somehow. Bombergirl it's as if people suddenly start making customrobo girls the game.

Sounds great that you did finally get the full game as well as case and instructional booklet. Grandia series in general seems really cool so if you can take pics of the art inside the instruction manual it would be great. Maybe I should look into a Dreamcast considering it has some really good games in it such as Grandia, SoA, JSR, it even has MVC2 I believe it's pretty rad, enjoy the game.

As far as of the Bomberman name goes it does look funny it's as if Nintendo started making customrobo characters into cute girls in sports bras. It's a money thing it seems.

Back