The 9-Volt paradox

Just a Wario Fan

The ίςε cream aficionado
Has anyone ever wondered this:

If 9-Volt owns each and every game created by Nintendo ever, ( Which he does according to his character bio) does that mean that he has the WarioWare games too? And since 9-Volt is a video game character himself, does that mean that he has games with him as video game character, and that he can play his own stories and those of other characters that have happened in-universe whenever he wants to?

It could of course be that that the character bios are non-canon and therefore incorrect, but this is still a really confusing thing for me. Huhwaht?:

• Haha
Reactions: Liz
I think everyone in the Wario (i guess this goes for Mario and DK to then) universe is aware they are video games but they could care less (especially Wario) because that means more money for them.

Do they count as Nintendo games? Is Nintendo also a publisher in the WarioWare world???

Well 9-Volt collects everything Nintendo so it definitely exists. But I think it is different from the real-life company. 4th wall breaks have always confused but also intrigued me. My theory is that video game protagonists tell their adventures to in-universe publishers who make games of their stories. For example: Donkey Kong's adventures are used by a publisher to make a video game of. It is this game that Cranky Kong complains of in DKC 2. Sonds far-fetched, but plausible for me.

I'm pretty sure the point of WarioWare is that Wario and friends are... well, making the WarioWare games we're playing. So he helps create the WarioWare series, then buys a copy (presumably Wario's too cheap to give out free copies of his own game).

Back