The best way for more Mario fanservice!

BooDestroyer

Treasure Collector Extraordinaire
So I've played Kirby Planet Robobot and Zelda Breath of the Wild, and I've found out how they have such great ways to pay tribute to the whole series each.

Here's the Planet Robobot stickers:

And here's the Breath of the Wild map:
https://www.zeldadungeon.net/breath-of-the-wild-interactive-map/
(Apologies if this constitutes as spoiler territory, but please disable all markers on the "legend" on the right, and just zoom in and drag/scroll around and pay attention to all the names of each place)

See how they always have throwbacks to almost every game in their respective series? Though this is mainly because they've always been under the same team all the time.

Do you think mainline Mario games ought to do the same? Granted, they are mainline for a reason and are still good games for what they are, but do you still find it aggravating how they never try to have any references to any of the "expanded Mario universe"? (RPGs, spin-offs, other "lesser" Mario games, etc.)

In the former's case, we can have collectible artwork of all the characters and stuff from games in the "expanded Mario universe". Whether it's SMG3 or even Odyssey 2 (Odyssey 1 is not even going to do this), you can attach all this artwork to your ship as you go around.

In the latter's case, we can have another open-world Mario after Odyssey that's full of places on the world map like Peasley Plains, Lake Grodus, Mt. Mowz, Neil Pass, Tumble Valley, Fawful Forest, Midbus Hills, Pianissima Park, Rawk Ridge, Azalea Glade, Bankshot Bay, Broque Pond, Frack Falls, and so on. The characters they're named after don't even have to be there, either.

Just some form of acknowledgement, even if it is something as minor as this, I don't care!

fanservice? Yeah let Mario cop a feel on Peach for risking his life, The player uses HD Rumble for that part :S;P:. Oh, different fanservice?

Well do like Mario RPG where you walk behind a curtain and become 8-Bit Mario. Easter eggs paying homage too the previous games are good. Or in Bowser's Inside Story where the Shroobs are an optional boss and the context in which its brought up is well done. So do fanservice of those sorts and i'm a happy counter

Back